Single AKB48 48th [Negaigoto no Mochigusare] (2017/05/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

@honeyNUT sure, but I imagine she kept selling well after BwT.
    If she kept selling like sh**, I doubt management would give a dime lol

2. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Which management here? Tokyo or Osaka?

The Tokyo one are still riding on NHK Kouhaku. Doubt they will take a peek on Iso-chan.

3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

If everything she's getting is from NMB, I guess Osaka.
    And I imagine she's been selling well in NMB singles as well.

Still, one could argue that if you're not senbatsu in SG, you're already rotting lol

Anyway, NMB seems to be doing its own thing with Yoshimoto and all.
    Apparently they were the reason why there was no NMB rep in SakamichiAKB and whatnot. I don't get why they're so shady.

4. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    • Like Like x 1
  5. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    Am I the only one who doesn't hate on any A-side?! I have the entire 48G repertoire of songs (sans a few subunits and solos I havent got to organize yet) in my phone. lol

To those saying recent AKB A-sides have been a snooze-fest: I think AKB has gotten to a point wherein they can try other genre and appeal to a broader audience. Remember the last time they did an idolish song? KnBMB was completely overshadowed by its B-side and goodbye 1-M 1st week streak.

Back to the single, the choir version caught me off guard but I grew to like it after 3 or so listens. Agree with the off-key moments in the perf. I had to watch the other video with the mixed choir to get the feel of the song.

The translation by @Silenka is very much appreciated!! The lyrics seem relevant imo.

And of course I'll be buying this single. It's been so long since Jurina centered an AKB single. I don't mind the cooked up rivalry with Sakura. It's old guard vs new guard. Bring it on!

The waltz sound of the studio version makes it sound like an OST or like an insert song in a drama or an anime.

I hope the concept is a bit dark to suit the mood of the song. The gothic-like uniforms is fine.

Overall, music-wise I like the direction AKB takes with its current A-sides. Yes it's toned down but at least they're trying different styles each time.

On senbatsu, I think more risks should be taken. Push those upcoming homegrown girls because the group terribly needs it. The last time a senbatsu line-up truly surprised me was when NMB did Must Be Now haha

6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

You mean, 2014? Labrador Retriever had bikinis & beach. Even though it wasn't as upbeat as the previous summer songs but it's still a summer song, it's really refreshing. It totally feels like summer when listening to it (I really like it LOL). but yes we didn't get summer songs since then, I really miss that.

As always, Sayanee & Sakura top 2 again ;D
    Mirurun #4 though :O Rise Miru <3
    Yukirin still the AKB queen of HS of course <3
    with Mayuyu not far from her, of course ^^/
    Yuiri is the true AKB new gen ace tbh :')

7. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@moonlit I think management actually wouldn't mind including Yuiri in senbatsu. but I think she herself isn't interested in it, she loves the theater. Even though fans want to see her more on Tv and all, but she found her happiness in the theater. if she's part of senbatsu then she won't get to appear in the theater, I don't think she wants this... I really admire her decision tbh, I don't know any other AKB member who would choose the theater over Tv appearances. Besides she also have one of the best, if not the best, HS sales between AKB new gens. She's really an ace, as idol. I mean, AKB is a group of "idols you can meet", and she really focus on that with theater & HS. it would be nice if management would push her as new gen ace & she would accept it ;_; but I respect her decision though.

8. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I think management wants to try making Yuiri participate in ssk by not including her in senbatsu

9. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

That doesn't really make sense. Yuiri focuses on the theater so neither SSK nor a spot in senbatsu would much further her own goals. It's why she doesn't participate in SSK and I've never heard her lament about not being in senbatsu, either. So "pressuring" her to join the SSK by not giving her a senbatsu position doesn't make any sense, because it wouldn't work.

10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  11. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I really admire her and for some reason I really like her too. I don't watch many theater performances anymore cause it's not super interesting I guess? IDK I love the A7 stage tho and tend to watch it whenever that happens, but the rest I've seen so many times already it's not super exciting u know. Those special stages are ok tho...I did enjoy the 14th gen one? And Miki's last stage.

Anyways, even tho I respect her decision to not really be apart of anything I hope she decides next year to be included in everything cause she would definitely rank high in SSK and I feel like she's been offered a senbatsu spot already tbh. She would make good money too I feel lol.

12. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    She said she wanted to be in senbatsu but not if it got in the way of the theatre.

She never said she has no interest.

13. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Yuiri selling a bit faster probably because she is not in SSK. Most people want to buy the July 16th HS first (the earliest HS for this single), while Yuiri sold 2 slots for the 1st HS and 1 slot each for the 3rd and 5th. I say this because her pattern is certainly different compared to the rest. She is the only member that sold out a couple of non 1st date HS slots without selling out all of her 1st HS slots.
    Oguri Yui and Naachan sold 3 slots for the 1st HS (Miion 2 slots). In the 1st round, Sakura sold 2 slot for the 1st HS and 1 for the last HS date. I don't think Miion, Naachan, and Yuiyui have less fans than Yuiri, it just that their fans are targeting the earliest HS date (thus probably more fails).

Also the most popular member sold a couple of slots for 1st HS and 6th HS. Basically since 1st to 5th is on Makuhari Messe and 6th is on Intex Osaka, if someone sold something for the 6th (other than the NMB girls), then she is probably have more reach (more popular everywhere). This pattern is observed on Mayuyu, Yukirin, Dasu, Sasshi, Sakura (Sayanee obviously only have 1 pattern, sold out all of her HS in the 1st round while Mirurun is no brainer to sold out all of her Osaka HS). Naachan also has 1 almost sold out slot for Osaka HS (probably because STU?).

14. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    i feel like yuiri will be similar to kaotan, if she finally decides to participate in ssk, she'll rank pretty high and shock everyone

15. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

She might participate once she finally claims the title for highest number of theater performances...
    at least that's what I'm hoping for

16. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

High as in Senbatsu? I doubt it. Only 48 group fans know her, and that's not enough to rank that well, especially since not all of them have her as their main. She's probably selling well now cause it is easier to get voting tickets from her.

17. Silenka

Yeah, but it always gets in the way of the theater. There are a few girls, like Naachan, who still manage to make it to many theater performances, but 90% of senbatsu - especially the front row members - are usually absent from their theater due to oodles of outside work. Basically, making it big in AKB senbatsu is like a get out of theater free card, except you can use it as many times as you want and it never expires :glare: There's also the fear of burn-out for senbatsu members who do refuse to stop attending the theater shows. So being chosen for senbatsu would pretty much be guaranteed not to work to Yuiri's advantage as far as her goals are concerned. I don't believe we will ever see her in senbatsu, her career will live and die with her as a hardcore theater girl the whole time. And that's fine, she's made a name and fans for herself just by that method.

18. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Well being in senbatsu doesn't guarantee outside work.

19. Silenka

Is there anyone in senbatsu who doesn't get outside work that sometimes interferes with the theater? (honest question, I follow enough to feel like there isn't but don't follow enough to know specifically).

20. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Hmm hard to say now since senbatsu is kinda big now, it's almost like anyone can get in. Maybe Juri? I'm not sure.