Event / Concert AKB48 49th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo (17/06/17)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    Highlights:
    -Sakura did smile
    -Naachan looking gooood
    -WTF Mikurin

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Yeah, out of all the girls Mako has the best smile :D

3. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Cool -- less Sakura pout in many of these shots. :^^;:

Some observations:

-- the lighting is depressing... all but the 'shopped photos have that gray that sucks the life out of a few shots...
    -- the composition of these as a whole is dismal, all over the place. Dunno, maybe that's the standard for post-SSK mizugi group shots...
    -- UCG: Miyajima Aya is gorgeous... and Mogichan is... er, massive. :nosebleed:
    -- UG: Rika looks... odd... Moeka looks like she gained 30 lbs... and the usually-flawless mizugi-Mion is... awk. Thanks, cameraman... :hmm:
    -- NG: lighting from the 1st annual Seattle SSK... Gatanee's doya-gao... and Okita's obvious comfort in mizugi is from experience...
    -- FG: Seattle again... Naochan's mizugi bottom, wut... nice to see Orin's cuteness... and Nagisa has an amazing mizugi figure... if we could see it.

And yes -- Naachan is one of the few that this photoset flatters, thank goodness. :whistle:

4. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Damn Next Girls got shafted in that pic. They all look pretty pretty bad lol

5. Mayu Paru

Mayu Paru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    also noticed that team 8 girls dint wear exactly a bikini. must be some contract thing again

6. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    That's as old as Adam and Eve. Toyota doesn't allow them to wear bikinis, but they can still wear swimsuits.

001.jpg 002.jpg

They were going to wear some sort of mizugi in the Okinawa concert, but that would probably be seifukubikinesque...

003.jpg

This was the most skin that an eito has ever shown...

004.jpg

This gives them a certain image of purity and respect that Toyota wants, but girls like Gyoten, Kasumi-sama, Akarin, Ruka, Mei and Hikarun (tho she's still a kid) would be more popular if they were ever allowed to do this sort of gravure.

7. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    SSK appreciation event/festival. Both Kennai and Kengai members performing in the same time and day at Makuhari Messe on Oct 8th Sunday.

And apparently it was originally scheduled to be in September...but does anyone remember that because I don't lol.

http://gamp.ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12304543941.html

8. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    If only AKB48 members joined sousenkyo this year, the senbatsu would be:

1. Mayuyu
    2. Yuihan
    3. Naachan
    4. Juri
    5. Mion
    6. Miichan
    7. Renacchi
    8. Mako
    9. Sayaya
    10. Naru
    11. Seichan
    12. Saho
    13. Yukarun
    14. Megu
    15. Satone
    16. Yuiyui

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

Damn, now we see we have a problem with mngmnt
    Girls like Yukari, Megu, Saho, Seichan and even Miichan deserve a better position, they work so hard, and it shows, but then all they get from AkS is almost nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Miichan gets almost nothing feom AKS?? Now that's a laugh.

11. Mr. Take It Easy

Yep, she's number 6. Counting Tomu and Yukirin 8
    She has tons of public recognition. But all she gets is last row and sometimes not even in senbatsu when girls like Yuria get in.

12. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Rankings like above change every year due to inconsistent ranks and the amount of drop outs. It doesn't mean anything. There is only Komiharu that didn't make it to the 2017 list from last year but lots of drop outs which resulted in a lot of new names. 2016 list didn't even go pass UG while 2017 went all the way to FG

13. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    As of recently, I would agree. But then again, they treated all of No Sleeves quite dirty the last few years; their prime was during Acchan&Yuuko's years, it seems.
    • Kojiharu centered a total of six songs over her whole AKB career. Can you believe that?? Only two of them were solo centers (Heart Electric in 2013 and then Shoot Sign as her grad single of sorts). In 12 years.
    • The last solo center Takamina got before Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby? 2007. Literally. That's 9 years. Unlike Kojiharu, she had a solo career, but her last single came out in 2013 and now in four weeks is her second single coming out. If you count all her WCenters together with Acchan, she's had a total of eight center positions. In 11 years.
    • Miichan has never had a center position (neither in AKB nor in No Sleeves singles, by the way). She's had steady ranks ever since the first SSK, but she's always pushed to the back. She is in no AKB dramas, she isn't called into AKB variety shows anymore either despite her variety queen persona, she always works outside of AKB these days.
    • Since I'm on the topic of No Sleeves, their last single came out in 2013 as well (first and only album was in 2011).
    The way things are looking to me right now, Miichan will not be granted a grad stage once she does graduate, as she is not a senbatsu right now (and my hopes for her ever being senbatsu again are small) despite her efforts for 12 years now as well. I can understand that she's not one of the most popular members, but really -- 12 years with a steady SSK ranking and she gets this treatment.

14. Mr. Take It Easy

THIS!
    But saying she's not one of the most popular members is a lie. Being 6th/8th in your group means you have a stable and huge fan base.
    Kojimako/KatoRena/Yuria could never

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  15. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Where ever I go now, I see Minegishi discussions lol

??

ummmmmmmm k even according just solely on the list that @hrs0722 made...

6th is Minegishi, 7th is Renacchi, 8th is Mako. And if you add Yuria into this probably around 9th or 10th.

They have equally the huge fan base in that category you are talking about lol

16. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I meant she is quite a controversial figure in the fandom, as (like @marioworldakb said) there are so many discussions about her. While she has lots of fans, she has more antis than some other (less known) members.

17. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

I think behind the scenes she might be a bit more acrid than she lets on, on camera. Once such thing that colored my perception of her ever since, was a ANN pre-show she did with Ogiyuka and couple of other senpai... this very soon after SSK IIRC.

It was before the telecast went live (as far as they knew)... everyone was just waiting for the start. Yuka was doing her jazzed-up fist-pounding thing she does, as she was pretty excited to be just in the room with who was there... when Miichan turns to her and says 'What are you doing...?' in a quite demeaning way, at least to my ears. Yuka just stopped what she was doing and froze in 'hekotarenai' mode, no eye contact... and then the show started...

This brought a couple of thoughts to mind. One, Miichan didn't know that this was Ogiyuka's schtick, she just chastised a kouhai for what she interpreted as misbehaving. Two, none of the other senpai felt the need to admonish Yuka for her actions, just Miichan. Both of these things remind me of past incidents involving her that also painted a rather arrogant if not insecure picture of an AKB shoki, the most senior of senior idols in 48G.

Look. I know she fought a lot of anti crap after her bouzu incident. I know she fought to lead Team 4 into a cohesive and tight team. I know she's the most senior of last of the Original Teams. But that ANN jab to me, just illustrates how out of touch she is (or if not, how much she resists getting to know the New Gens / new faces into senbatsu (as well as her not being there). I don't see her as a leader of this new 48G... not surprisingly, she wasn't selected by Takamina to replace her as soukantoku -- a far more deserving but distantly-kouhai 9-ki was. My view of her is that she realizes at a profound level, that she's been made obsolete by evolution of the group, and is just another shoki waiting for graduation... and isn't gracefully handling this, at all. Mayu and Yukirin don't seem to have a problem with being deeply loved and respected by the new gens, whereas I see far fewer two-shot selfies with Miichan in them, except with elder members or other OGs...

Yes, this sounds anti. But I've never liked her. Not enough to *hate* her and say things real antis say... but if she has a problem with antis, I can't say I'm surprised.

18. jade

jade Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    jade9454
    ^
    I think people above is discussing about "how AKS push Minegishi despite of her rank"? why your comment sounds like about her personality? do you mean that girls who rank high but don't got push much after that is because she has bad personality?
    anyway, some person assume that Minegishi is an annoying or bad girl, but do you can tell that it's 100% true even though you also have bad feeling about her?
    I don't think so
    here is my though
    you, I and everyone here are the same. We just seen what managers want us to see. Unless a girl is your favorite, you hardlly look at her deeper. But are those scences you see are what all happened in this group? No. There are untold stories that we don't know. And those untold stories that can make you surprise
    Like I didn't think that Renacchi has communication with Miichan. They don't talk much on stage. She and Miichan rarely take picture together. too (which I think I can count those photos on 2 hands or only one, maybe). But one day she wrote on twitter that she took this pants/ dress from Minegishi-san and I was "ehh??? so they have a relationship, huh?". Or last year, a graduated member from NMB go out for dinner with Miichan and I swear it's the first time I saw those twos have photo together and that when I learned that they have relationship:eek:. Same things with her kouhai members in K. Ah, and yes, I also exciting to see more pictures and comment about Miichan from kouhai about her again, but unfortenally, nowaday she doesn't appear with them a lot in works like 3-4 years ago anymore, I guess thank to AKS(?) for that. You often see girls take picture with Mayuki after recording a TV performance or shows, right? But how many AKB's shows or performances that Miichan apperances on this years? like 5-7 for perfomances and about 20 seconds on nemousu on 16 gen's Beginner challenge episode? But when that old hag have chance to meet younger ones, like Kansai event few days ago or theater perfomances, we still have pictures, so don't have to worry much (unless you mean she have to take photo with all her kouhai then sure, she has trouble)
    so imo what we see, what we think can not always be true. Not mention that one thing can have different views from different sides.

about new soukantoku things. Of course it's Yuihan! Hadn't managers planned this from 2012? They have wanted to move to new gens from that time so at Tokyo Dome, Yuihan moved to team A, to work with Takamina. She also had kennin on NMB to improve her talking skill (which is necessary for a leader) and more important is make relationship with Sayanee, imo. Why they had to do that? Now look more widely, on that shuffle, Kitarie also had kennin on SKE and HKT already has Sasshi. Those two are Not yet's members, who's close with Yuihan. So basically Yuihan had connect with all the sister groups on Japan that time.;) and after Mariko-sama's graduation. she's is team A's captian. Isn't it too clear that here is our new soukantoku?

(p/s: sorry about my bad english)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  19. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ My comment was my impression of her; had you read the post entirely, you'd have understood that. No problem with your typing of English, it's fine... but perhaps your reading of English could use some work...

Here's my counterpoint to the 'you aren't there, you don't know' argument. You don't know me, maybe I'm right here with Miichan at her house, as a staff member, or director or producer. Do you know that I'm not for sure? Then stop making a point of defending anyone with that argument, it's hypocritical and unoriginal.

Miichan's impression on her anti are from what she puts out there on various media. Sure, people can twist things and it's somewhat expected as that's what a push is -- to make an idol seem more popular or worthy than other idols. Antis twist things to make them seem less worthy than they may be. Are they? By multiple failed pushes, absolutely not guaranteed; then neither are anti crap. But when someone forms a pattern of behavior in their media releases, that's more than enough to make a judgement. People are put in jail over circumstantial evidence... and when that's no longer accepted to put guilty people away, I'll retract any judgement I make, about whom I see said patterns. When I see a change in her patterns of behavior, I have no problem with changing my mind.

Until then... I reserve the right to dislike Miichan for reasons in my previous post.

RE: soukantoku -- my argument was, if she wanted to become SKT, she could've campaigned for it long before a selection was made by Takamina, as they're both shoki; they could've just talked about it. But nothing of the sort was attempted, IMO because it's a job that rarely involves media exposure, which as we both know, Miichan wants desperately. But it would've shown beyond all doubt, that AKB comes first in her mind, as a shoki and as a leader. Did she take the opportunity? No, which says a lot about her. So it went to the next most worthy candidate, Yuihan. Of course staff would be behind Yuihan, as she demonstrated long before 2014 that she wanted the role.

It can be argued that Miichan's grad plans changed this year, after she didn't make SB. That was met with a lot of controversy. I'd like to hear your take on why she chose to do that.

20. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Why would you elect someone that can graduate the next day to be the next soukantoku???? If you own a company and is stepping down because you're getting old, would you let someone older or around the same age to take over? Maybe but does it make sense? No.

Miichan is pretty much fame thirsty at this point (but there's still no doubt that she contributed a lot to what AKB is today whether she's a background member or not). However, you still gotta understand her viewpoint. She's a human just like you too, unless you're a robot. She needs to make a living too. Mii's popularity has died down in the last couple of years and her income probably went down a lot too. I used to think that Miichan should just leave for good but let's not forget that she's just another member competing to be known. Why should she graduate and step down just because she's been in the group for the longest time? Isn't that unfair?