Single AKB48 51st [Jabaja] (2018/03/14)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 20, 2018.

1. John48

John48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I'd love too, some change is always good. I like Techi but the other members must have their chance too.

2. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    I think in my imaginary senbatsu all 3 have space.
    Tho If I had to choose I'd take Annin over her. Katorena is a cointoss.
    Tomu is a weird case because there has to be a reason she gets shafted. Management having a personal vendetta against her is BS. I don't buy conspiracies.

3. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    *This reply isn't just directed at MarioWorldakb - it's basically for everyone- Not singling him out-

Really?.... Still waiting for Chapter 2....since 2015??

What was Chapter 2 - Everyone Grads??..... Also while Okada Nana isn't a horrible choice as Center- wouldn't a double or TRI-Center (Mion,Komi,Nana) or Mako & Nana- be casting a Wider Net? Why throw all your hopes on the Danso? Unless you want to make AKB48 a clone of Keyakizaki46 w/ Hirate Yurina. (Just my POV).

I thought we'd get a FULL AKB48 single - nope...1/2 the spots are gals from Sister Groups....which means to me they HAVE Zero interest in letting these gals fly on their own. Still milking Jurina, Sayaka, Sakura, ect....Nothings changed. Well, they didn't give Geesh a spot maybe she's got her Grad suitcase out behind the scenes??

It's nice to see Rika & Komi together again....Miku & Sakura will be nice. If it was ALL Next Gens then Okada Nana makes sense. I love seeing seeing Sayaka & Suda Akari do anything but this all seems like we're Limping along- 1st Single w/out Mayu will be "Interesting" so why didn't they prop-up Mayu 2.0 or even Yukirin & Mayu 2.0?? Okada Nana is "popular" yes....but Enough to carry the Group?? Yui Yokoyama & Nana or someone...would've been a Smoother Transition unless....

AKI-P is going FULL Danso & being "edgy" like how he is w/ Keyakizaki - I would've supported a Nogizaki style approach. Even Sally Amaki (22/7) admits Japan wouldn't accept her "Bi-Sexualness" & why it's FUN & erotic in an Anime girl (trust me I know about Yuri gals in Anime) has it ever been "Tried" in an Idol group? I'd support Sally because she's FUNNY & Honest about her past.

Yuko Oshima was kinda Bi-Sexual (Playful) curious but she was ALWAYS that way & she was 'one of the guys' in that she loved Sports & was still Girly where it counted. Okada was a Willowy hime who over-night chopped her hair & became "Handsome" & stood out by Default...maybe she always was that way- meaning her Original "Image" was just an act - Either way her life, her choice, not judging - but this is AKB48 - the Flagship group. Does AKI-P really want to 'roll the dice' like this after Losing Mayu (w/ Sasshi & Yukirin so close to the edge?) so soon? I'm TIRED of "HIS" experiments - I just want Idols being Cute & performing upbeat stuff & smiling. I could make KPOP examples, but there's a thread for that & enough of you have seen the comparisons to know AKB & KPOP are like 'night & day' so there's no need at this point.

I'm open to the 51st Sing...but it makes me wonder if AKB has lost it's "Gravitas" w/ Japan.... Letting the Fans choose where to hold the Election?? Is that because AKS lost their shirt in the Okinawa Rain-out? Don't you have to reserve these Venues like Months in advance? the 2020 Olympics are like 2 years away...is ANYONE going to care about AKB by then?? They have Anime/Gaming & Morning show mascots at the Ambassadors- Are they really going sing "Heavy Rotate" & "KFC" at the Opening?- lol.
    I might be totally wrong - but it looks like AKI-P is still up to his old tricks. I gotta lean on NMB, HKT, NGT more than ever.

2 Things I thought would never happen in 2018 - AKB48 would return to it's Kawaii Genki gal Idol roots & the Philadelphia Eagles would win the SuperBowl.....Guess who is going to the Superbowl this year! (I don't even like the Eagles & their my local team- They've never even WON a SuperBowl...ever!)

p.s. I did see that GUAM Vacation promotion - I thought AKB was doing "Summer in Winter"- lol....NOPE. GUAM needs to sell Beaches & Sunshine - Pity AKI-P can't sell Genki Idols in Bikinis

WTH??? Miichan as Center?...giving her "Spotlight" would be like throwing 10 recovering Alcoholics into a vat of Beer....she's had more than her share of "Chances" as she's said. I would rather see Takamina as Center before Miichan - lol. Who remembers the LunchPack dance on "Mechaike" Miichan can't be trusted w/ too much spotlight...just my opinion (based on events since 2012)

Maybe she met a guy?....maybe she's in that Korean Reality show? Imagine Geesh competing in KPOP reality- I would watch that.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  4. trxsh

trxsh Member

^ That you see Naachan as just "Dansou" is more your problem, not the groups'.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

What the fck is a tricenter. There is a reason why we don’t have 3 member centers.

6. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    ^^^ How is Naachan cutting her hair short the same as her being "dansou"?

7. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

I'm already in chapter 7 everyone else is still reading chapter 2

8. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I agree

Chapter 1 = Indie AKB
    CHapter 2 = AKB HS Sales (Oogoe Diamond)
    Chapter 3 = The Golden era/Aachan Era
    Chapter 4 = Post Aachan aka Limbo era aka "Who's the next face Yuko, Mayu or Paruru?" Era
    Chapter 5 = AKB turned into an exclusive JPN48
    Chapter 6 = When Takamina graduated
    Chapter 7 = Post Mayu which is where we at now.

She pretty much sealed her faith when she withdrew her SSK application and published the reason why. I love her for calling out the management... She was never their favorite to begin with and that stun pretty much guaranteed she would never be picked as a media senbatsu anymore. :/

9. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't follow Tomu that much... What was the reason?

10. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
  11. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    @UrFavAsianGuy thanks for the link. That makes sense.

Totally unrelated, but my theater edition CDs arrived today and also included 1 CD jacket signing ticket. So, if I understand correctly, I can choose one of the members from here: http://kingrecords.co.jp/cs/pages/9th-album-jacket-member.aspx and come according to the schedule (on the day stated on the ticket), and they'll sign my CD jacket? And I have to fill out the ticket with my name and suffix?

12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

This is the thing with your messages.
    You either:

a) Don't read properly what others have posted
    b) You understand what you want to understand
    c) Don't even know what's being talked about
    d) All of the above

In no moment that person said Miichan should be center, but that she should be able to win the Test the AKB Center (as in Center where you go and do things, not position) is going to hold. The result of that test is not going to give anyone a center. If anything, center of a unit.

13. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Thanks... but where do I specify this? In person (like just show it)? Cause the ticket only has the place to write my name and which suffix to choose.

14. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Just line up where you want, and then show the ticket. You can also write your name at the venue (they'll make you write at the checkpoint if you haven't yet).

edit: I deleted my first post because I got confused which thread we're on lol.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Oi, I'm one of them. :spam:

16. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    No lol thats not gonna happen anymore. It's been this way for a few years now, give it up.

What makes Naachan danso?? She has short hair. Danso is cross-dressing. Naachan is still wearing makeup, jewellery and dresses and she presents herself as a girl. Plus, Naachan ranks higher in SSK than Mion, Komi or Mako. The only AKB member left that ranked higher than her this year was Yuihan, now that Mayuyu graduated. Mion, Komi and Kojimako didn't even make it into Senbatsu. Seems like Naachan does have most fans out of all the people you suggested, or at least the most fans with money, and that means something to AKS, and who they're gonna give senbatsu/center spots.

Please... just read lmao. Nobody said Miichan is gonna be center [hehe] It's about a quiz they're holding, who has the most knowlegde of AKB, and it makes sense for her her to win that, what with being in the group for longest. Has nothing to do with a center position ;)

Also, Miichan is busy with work. I know you like to pretend she doesn't do shit and reaps the sow, but Miichan is currently working on a stage play. She's doing work outside of AKB at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    I assume he's a troller lol. But choosing Nana right now is prob the wisest move since she's popular among the reporters after her solo concert. It would create good publicity for AKB/48G for her to be the center right now.

18. Mayu Paru

Mayu Paru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    im so damn outdated in akb these days. wow naachan centre new miion? getting more pushes. now i can only see the current aces (disregarding the "older" members): Miion, Naachan, yuiyui and a handful others (akb blood yall)

wow are they going to start allowing SGs in akb singles for like letting them take 2/3 of the senbatsu. Not too sure if thats a wise choice.

19. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Agreed. With Mayuyu having graduated, there isn't a clear center/ace anymore, and I think it makes sense to push a few members at the same time. Mion, Komi, Yuiyui and Naachan have probably received the biggest push or at least the most opportunities to shine lately, and I'm excited to see how things are going to play out over the course of the next year. Komi and Naachan are my own personal favourites, but after Komi's drop in SSK this year, Naachan is a safer choice for center for now. I would love to see Komi become center in the future though.

20. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    most of the times, his post gives me headache lol. idk why, must be due to the random capslock.
    i agree with ur list but i don't think ch 5 needs a chapter on its own lmao. plus, the ch5 is still in effect.

amina wasn't pushed because she only sells in SSK. plus, she did get pushed, playing a regular in Hammer Session!

i'm not sure abt Tomu thou. how is her HS sales ?