AKB48 and Real Life Relationships

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by JAKKfromAKB48, Jan 10, 2011.

1. JAKKfromAKB48

JAKKfromAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Do you know anyone IRL that likes AKB48? Do your friends kinda like it? Have you met people who know it? What do your friends think about it?

2. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

Re: AKB48 Friend

??
    kinda confused what this thread is all about

3. JAKKfromAKB48

JAKKfromAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Like what your friends think about AKB48 or if they actually like them too

4. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira

MY BEST FRIEND AND SOULMATE.

5. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

^ OH OH THAT'S ME RIGHT.

6. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira

^ NO WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM I HATE YOU

jk yes it's you <3

7. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

^ Cool.

8. JAKKfromAKB48

JAKKfromAKB48 Kenkyuusei

All my friends know about them because I talk about them alot and alwyas post videos of them on facebook, everyones all "OH I CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON JACK FOR SPAMMING THE WALL WITH UNDERAGE JAPANESE GIRLS"

Other people Im not friends with also know about them because I always have to announce in class when a new single comes out or when I make a purchase :D HAHAHA

I've never met an AKB48 fan in real life but theres a kid in my class that likes SNSD and Korean stuff but hes weird. He said hes seen AKB48 hate with Korean stuff

I never really have anyone to talk about AKB48 with though, well enough to hold an actual converstaion : :cry:

Its kinda sad sometimes I wish more people here in America knew about them :(

9. Rin

Rin Kenkyuusei

I wish you were in my class. :D I have some friends who know about AKB. I only have one friend to spam about AKB to though. She said she doesn't want to get into the group because there's too much people :gavel: but at least she likes Takamina. :)

10. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    My small group of high school friends that have stuck together through our first years of college all know about my obsession with AKB.

One of my friends who's now my roommate will sit through me talking about the group and will occassionally watch concerts and PVs with me. Her favorite is Mariko.

Another one of my friends has a very similar personality to myself and gets hardcore hooked on things easily. Recently I've gotten her obsessed with News (She's a Shige fan), but a while ago, she was all about AKB and is a Nonti fan. If anyone remembers a 'Persephone Dickerson,' that was her. She wants to see more SDN clips... but there aren't many available.

I have a friend that i don't really talk too much about AKB to, but I'll ask her if such and such's singing is on-key and what-not, because she's a music major or something. Also, she's learned how to pick Nacchi out of a crowd. She's gotten really good.

If I need, need, need to talk to someone about AKB, I always use my twin brother. Usually it's a trade-off, I show him AKB, and he shows me couture-related stuff. It works out well. He used to really like Sayaka and Matsuyuki, but now he doesn't really have an oshimen.

For college-life, I've decided to keep it as a healthy little quirk about me that only the people who know me know about... I think it's going pretty well that way.

As weird as it sounds, all the non-AKB people I know love how ridiculous the little gimmicks AKB uses are. Handshake events? Rock-Paper-Scissors championships? Questionable song lyrics? A stable of 191 girls at the ready? They're all over it.

((I changed the title.. does anyone know one that's more fitting? I feel like there's a similar topic, but I can't find it!))

11. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Most of my friends know, not that I push it on them or anything but they'll ask what I'm listening to on my iPod or see me looking at S48 or other 48-related stuff in computer class. We've watched multiple AKB things in Japanese class before and I have 2 friends from there that I can talk to it about and who I've taught to recognise Akicha. My Jap teacher is quite supportive about it, and when we went to Japan for a trip her partner (Japanese guy) took me to the theatre and apparently took a bit of interest in the group and was watching some stuff on YT that night xD

Other than that, the big one is that I have a Japanese host brother (a Tomochin fan). I had always waited for an AKB fan to exchange at my school, and then one finally came, we made friends and he was having troubles with his host family so he moved to mine =D

12. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

one of my friends is an H!P fan, but I've been trying to teach her about AKB because lol they're actually successful and good. She likes Mayu and Sayaka but she hasn't been too motivated to do AKB research by herself. I taught her the dance to aitakatta though~

Also there's this girl that I met a few times from japan who likes Mariko. she also likes ponishu but isn't nearly as knowledgeable as me lol. I never asked her if she bought any singles, so i don't know ._.;; she goes back to japan in may and she's excited to tell her friends about me because lol i'm an american who knows all about AKB48 and that is unheard of! to her.

13. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

My mother knows it, but it's quite useless. She mocks me because I love 'those japanese girls'. I succeeded making her watch some videos and even a pair of concerts, but she is musically deaf and she always says that all the songs sound the same (and, of course, all the girls seem the same). :(

My friends know too, but they are more the ‘omg, these chicks are really tasty’ type, so I don’t speak about AKB48 too often. [sweat]
    The guys at work don’t know I like it, because people change quite fast of location and I don’t have enough complicity with the ones I am currently sitting by. [sealed]

Finally, I am a sort of pain for the rest of people I meet because I always try to find new followers (the japanese guide I had when I visited Japan last Spring started knowing nothing about the group and ended calling me just because some members were on tv)… [hehe]

In short, too few chances to speak about AKB48 around me… :cry: Luckily I found the Stage48!!! [clap]

PS: I forgot to tell that I recently found the CAR (Catalonian AKB48 Resistence) [rock]

14. AteOneZero

AteOneZero Kenkyuusei

My best friends know about AKB48, but they aren't really into it. One of them is a SCANDAL fan, the other only likes K-Pop, and the other just listens to music casually without following any groups.

It's not something I would want to try to get any of my friends into, because of the wallet rape that comes hand in hand with being a wota. They know about my obsession though.

15. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

For me, I have a few "groups" around me, but no one that's truly a fan ><

My regular friends all know about my fandom craze and always takes the time to ask me about AKB48 when the chance comes up. I know they're not really interested though so I don't try to bombard them too much. It's nice cause they don't seem to mind since we're all pretty weird people with different obsessions. We really just play games and hang out together, so they don't care too much about fandoms and such.

I have this other half Japanese guy that I know that was into idols way before me. I don't really like him though. I once mentioned AKBINGO around him to see if he knew AKB, and well he didn't know what it was so I just gave up. He's kinda dirty so =X

I have this girl friend who is REALLY into Johnny's. It was nice having someone I could talk to about Jap stuff, (she loved many actors and dramas and such too). I always only talked to her about those, however she started becoming interested in AKB when Beginner came out. She loves Acchan because she's gorgeous <3 I was really happy when she asked about the team switch since it showed she actually cared =D

And finally, my family. My mom doesn't really care about my fandom since she understands. Everyone in our family likes to get obsessive over stuff, so yeah. (She likes NEWS =P) My sister also occassionally watched AKB with me and she knows the senbatsu names. She got to go to the handshake event when she went to Hong Kong and met Ranran, Yui, Moeno, Miichan, Kitarie T_T. She's supportive of my fandom too since she crazes over Johnnys.

Although I have no true AKB buddy, I have a lot of people around me that are aware. It was nice coming to the forum though since now I have ALOT of people I can talk to =D

16. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    Well pretty much everyone who knows me knows I like 'japanese things' I do like anime/manga but I'm definitely more into idols which I try to explain but my friends more often just play the weeaboo card on me ><
    I met akb48 fans at their gig in paris but that's it.
    OH I have a friend who now likes Chikarina and Takamina and the friend who says the weeaboo comment the most does actually like anime and now likes beginner(he calls it the akb48 song that's actually good).
    I link both of them vids every so often but mostly the first one.

My bf just kinda nods and does his joke of overly agreeing with things when I mention them too much(I usually take the hint and stop) I'll show him my chiichan pb next chance I get and see what he thinks xD Oh I sometimes show him silly akbingo clips but he's usually just 'wtf'ish.

17. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

basically, my friend hates akb a bit too much. 8D

18. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

No one I know knows about AKB or the fact that I like them. They know I like Japanese music, but that's it. That's actually why it was so nice to talk to everyone here and on the MSN chats because I liked talking to people that had the same interests as me. :D

19. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    ^
    ^Er...that sounds like bullying to me...

20. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

tl;dr

But seriously.. wut >____>