AKB48 Fashion Book Oshare Princess wo Sagase!

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ruru, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Shibuya

Shibuya Kenkyuusei

Somehow I'm fine with Mizugi Surprise but this is weird.
    Maybe it's cause they all look so bored [speechless] and pale. [hehe]

2. TripleT

TripleT Kenkyuusei

seems like this isn't fashion guide afterall.

3. dragonflychaser12

dragonflychaser12 Kenkyuusei

honestly, they all look like they're wearing one piece bathing suits made to look like lingerie....I don't like it.... Now if they wore Mee-tan's type of lingerie instead, now THAT's a different story [evil]

4. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Huh...yeah....uh.....well...hmm....that's different? I actually have no idea what the hell they're wearing...someone in this thread said lingerie? Well, anyway, whatever this is, not really a fan of it, it kinda looks awkward. Fully agree with RSL on this one though, as I don't know if it'll be something that helps their image with the mainstream fans at all.

To be fair, more of their songs are cutesy rather than about losing their virginity (I actually don't recall what song talks about that) or prostitution (Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru?) That said though, I agree that this isn't the worse they've done. Part of the hypocrisy of the idol industry - they expect the girls to be all cute and innocent, but then they tell them to go do gravure and yes, appear in Weekly Playboy. How innocent do you expect the girls to be if they appear in spreads next to whatever else they put in WPB, which I'm sure is not all gravure, no matter how more toned down it is. That probably is one of the worse things they've done...I know they want publicity, but WPB?

5. xxskawt

xxskawt Kenkyuusei

Wtf Kitarie, get off the cover, make room for Yukirin xD
    Some of their songs definitely are really out there XD Like Dear my teacher. And of course Virgin Love. Fushidara na Natsu, Oshibe to Meshibe & SKE48's Innocence too. That's not saying that they don't have 5000 "oh, we're graduating, and i have unrequited love for you~~" songs, but AKB definitely has a scandalous side.

This isn't really that untame either. All the girls are over 18, so if they're okay with it, then I am too. Mayuyu isn't there, Erepyon isn't there (I hope they're not inside either). Japan is a different culture, and if you compare this to some of the nasty perverted junk they put out, this is really not that bad xD. Like even something like UpToBoy which is a standard idol magazine has girls in bikins and stuff.

The way I look at it, AKB's been doing this stuff pretty much all along. They may be at their peak of popularity right now, but you don't want to stop doing stuff for your old fans just because you have new ones now.

That certainly would have been awesome lol.

6. ChobiMM3

ChobiMM3 Kenkyuusei

I was expecting the cover to be pink and the girls in puffy cute dresses.... man, was I way off xD

I think it's funny how usually the covers of AKB books and other goods make me want to buy them, but in this case it's the complete opposite.

7. tokyolucifer

tokyolucifer Kenkyuusei

Mayuyu, Erena, Jurina, and Miho are also in it.

8. haikara2308

haikara2308 Kenkyuusei

I second that where is Yukirin :confused: :confused: , she deserves to be on the cover.

9. anhh

anhh Kenkyuusei

From the clips showed on AKBingo, this book is a… fashion book, nor a lingerie one. Probably there are lingerie shoots (as in any fashion magazine in the world) and the cover is sort of “spicy” to catch your attention if you are unsure if you should buy this. So this polemic (and it is always the same polemic about what one thinks idols are or should act) is kind of artificial and undeserved…

10. P-ika

P-ika Kenkyuusei

I think the cover looks classy . The book is about fashion and it seems like a catalogue from Victoria's Secret or some lingerie brand.

11. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I think the cover looks cool. *shrugs*

I'll pass further judgement once I see what's in it.

12. flagator21

flagator21 Member

Back cover?
    [​IMG]

...give me a minute, recovering from a mild heart attack [hehe]

13. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

^kind of rare for me to say this but...

that is one hell of a shot of acchan :XD:

14. Akiaoi

Akiaoi Kenkyuusei

omg Miichan... *recovering from a mild heart attack[2]* [tmi] <3

15. -Dani-

-Dani- Kenkyuusei

OMG too, Miichan looks gorgeous! An excellent pic! <3

16. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Obviously fake. Acchan would never be not in the middle [hehe]

17. xierisme

xierisme Kenkyuusei

:inlove: OMG~miichan 's boby is so gorgeous!good se...x,wow woo

18. b4sj

b4sj Kenkyuusei

.... i gave in & went to order it from kino... but the guy who processed it said there's no guarantee they'll get it, BUT i cant cancel the order IF they do.. so weird :glare:
    so maybe i should have just gotten it from HMV japan :hmm:

anyway this should be the 2nd or 3rd magbook i got haha.. the first being the swimwear one XD

19. Iori

Iori Kenkyuusei

Um, I don't get why some of the people here complains(sorry if its not the correct word) about the cover. Honestly I'm a girl and I find the cover sexy and much more classy than most of the other stuff they put out. Because:
    1) they look serious and mature, having sexy expressions
    2) no underage girls
    Compare to the bikini shots they have in magazine spreads where they have underage girls all smiling and squeezing their boobs, I say the cover is extremely tame? I don't have a problem with AKB48 showing more skin as long it is done in tasteful manner and not just faptastic bikini pics. I usually don't like their bikini pics because most of it are the girls acting cute, giggly. I like them to show more confident, alluring side of them which can also appeal to girls other than men. :) I hope I can get my point across.

20. sakurasi

sakurasi Kenkyuusei

Cover.
    [​IMG]

Back cover
    [​IMG]

Some preview...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]