TV / Radio AKB48 Sayonara Mouri-san (2022/04/07 - 2023/03/23)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Aka, Mar 3, 2022.

1. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    Hote went for the funny fishing response and I about died. All of them seem to try their best to be entertaining for variety and I appreciate that. I remember that long stretch of Bingo where it was boring how all the girls wanted to be orthodox idols, so it's nice to see 17th gen's earnestness in their work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    She might not even know the backstory of that ...

Not sure why Mayuu-chan would trust Miichan when she didn't trust Seiya-san :)
    10 years ago that would have been a really bad choice if it would have meant screen time for Miichan.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    Miichan is still a woman
    Seiya-san is a middle aged man

Not to mention in the variety context the two male hosts have been the ones making fun of the members, while Miichan has been more laid back in that regard.

4. jmo42

jmo42 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan's had a lot more screen time over the past couple of episodes, and we've seen the value of having her on the show, from helping Kokko tease out an example in last week's episode, to being the designated explainer this week, and saving Erichan after the stinky feet segment quickly went south.

They're really milking Mion/Unfair for as long as they can.

Did Odaeri speak at all in this episode?

AKB48 needs more variety members - it's pretty threadbare, apart from Chiyori.

Miichan's move is kami level, see

if the video does not show watch the video here

For reference, the original MV

Talking about fishing/luring, a 15s ad for Nogi's 11th birthday live near the end of the epsiode.

If, in the next episode, they ask Miichan about her worse day as an AKB48 member, would she pick a day from about 10 years ago, or one from 2005-9?

• Like Like x 1
  5. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    to be honest, I think all the graduations were bad days in AKB for Miichan, Acchan, Mariko, Yuko, those hit her hard, just watch the behind the scenes of Acchan's grad con.
    By the time Takamina graduated Miichan had matured and she also had a year to prepare her for it.

tbh, you can see the urge in Miichan to protect the kouhai, I wonder if the 17ki can muster up the courage to talk to her, I hope so.

it's kinda weird that apart from Yukirin and Chori all the senpai in AKB nowadays were just children when Miichan was demoted to kenkyusei

yeah, notice how she said Murashige is/was her rival ... she graduated a while back
    but yeah, Yuko, Miichan, Sasshii, Murashige, Mariko even Takamina, too many real idol types nowadays ;)
    I must say I think it must hurt Chori, always being called not a idol type, Sayaka also always bore the brunt of that kind of jokes.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  6. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Also forgot to say, about Eriko, I hope she doesn't take the "smelly feet" part to heart so much. I remember from the Baka Test Mechaike Special, they made that joke about Kawaei Rina, and she literally had like a dozen unopened packs of socks cause she changes her socks so much as they start to stink so quickly. That was in 2013. In 2014, she ranked "senbatsu" (16th) in sousenkyo. She went on to become a really successful actress, starring in a bunch of NHK ones, before getting married and having a kid in 2019.

I kinda wanna go and see Eriko in hanashikai just to tell her that.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    That bit with Eriko made me sad. Hasn't she said before she doesn't want to be a variety idol? If you're a variety type, you take these jokes and run with them, make them a part of your character and use them to prop up your personality. But I can see how for someone who wants to be a classical idol a joke like that isn't funny, especially since she is so young and was caught off guard on TV. Obviously it's part of the job, and I personally find these things funny and don't take them seriously, just like how they joke about Erii liking bad smells, but I did feel bad for Erichan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, she has won me over, and I think it will trigger a protective response in a lot of people (it did for me), so it might even boost her popularity.
    BTW I wonder how Miichan would have ended her remark about the manager (maybe they even cut it).... Miichan seemed kinda peeved

I think I said in the past that Miichan would have been great as manager for the kenkyuusei (if she did not have a variety career).

• Like Like x 2
  9. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    More respect and trust for her as a dai-senpai, as opposed to two random comedians.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jmo42

jmo42 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I'd say it's partly instinctive, especially after being captain/mother to teams of kids.

I would like to think that the next time 17th gen are taping, something could be arranged so that they would just happen to have lunch at the same time & place as Miichan, otherwise I'm sure that if they're too scared to talk, something could be arranged through asking certain senpais to assist.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

https://twitter.com/akb_gbmouri/status/1628711312611069953
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1628710067036987392/pu/vid/960x540/2KDQTKbb5bTuTuPW.mp4

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

https://twitter.com/AKB48_staff/status/1628681074787119104
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
  12. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Well, I am glad they will get a new show immediately, but what the hell even is this?
    PD48 Japanese Version?

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

audition show. nope. ctrl+z.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. David B

David B Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Why can’t they do the new show AND keep Sayomouri going as well. I think they’ve benefited from having a regular show again and I’ve certainly reconnected with AKB as a result, getting to know all the new members I wasn’t familiar with.

The period from AKBingo ending and Saymouri starting feel like “lost years” to some extent, especially given that it covered the period of Covid. The three Sakamichi groups feel like they are in a much stronger position as a result of having regular shows all through that period which allowed fans to stay connected with them.

Just when I thought things were looking bright for AKB again, this feels like another very bad decision ☹️

• Agree Agree x 8
  16. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    The concept of the new show gives me such bad vibes.

we have a word in Dutch for when you have a large conglomerate and they split it up to sell the profitable parts and what than happens to the 'dead-weight' parts of the company, by just letting them atrophy . 'sterfhuis constructie'
    it seems the translation is 'leveraged die-out'

imho Produce48 was bad enough and you would have thought management would have done an analysis of the losses and gains of the result of that endeavour in the long run.

A competition for a new (sub)group, there's nothing inherently bad in that idea but having the selected member then graduate from AKB, who comes up with such an idea if you plan the future of AKB, what message do you think you are sending to your members and to the fans.

really, really dumb :/

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    This, this is the point they have to clarify and the sooner the better, what it is going to happen with selected members. And if they really have to graduate from AKB... men, the one who has thought this is really dumb, fire them inmediately

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    aside from the OO48 discussion,
    What Sakamichi AKB MV is Miion talking about? The one where she
    missed the call and her graduated rival genmate got it instead? I'm assuming the rival is Owada Nana?
    Also the theater ghost story.... :fear::fear:
    Pretty interesting episode, more than what I initially expected, they brought a lot of intriguing and funny backstage stories! Looking forward for next week too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    Yeah thats interesting, acording to the stage48 Wiki she is in the first 2 songs of Sakamichi AKB so must be the 3rd song, but the only genmate there is Sei-chan and obviusly she has not graduated yet

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
  20. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@donjonnie @xabizalla96

I didn't watch the episode yet so I don't know what Miion said but based on your posts, she's talking about Mazariau Mono, the first 'SakamichiAKB' song (it was called NogizakaAKB back then, since it was only with AKB and Nogi). and yes it's Naanya (Owada Nana, my past oshimen *-*) in senbatsu of the song. This is my favorite among the 4846 collab songs btw! Here:

(Yes the music video is quite special. This was such a great senbatsu and Kojiharu center <3)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1