ALL48G will be handed by China?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by YJSN_ParuYuko, Apr 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun
  2. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    I'm honestly surprised that Google Translate does a decent job when translating Chinese into English. Way better than Japanese -> English
    I'm not commenting on the facebook post since, well...

Let me quote the google translate of the original article
    In short (please note however that this is only according to a machine translated article):
    JPN48 activities in Japan: Nothing mentioned in the article, so I assume no changes.
    AKS activities in mainland China: handled in collaboration with the Chinese company

No big deal, since foreign companies that want to do business in mainland China need to form a joint venture with a domestic company (with a minimum 51% share).

3. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Should I translate that? Or will people call me out for lying because no one else can read it?

Now that that's out of the way, I'll try and translate that.

4. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    @Puni

AKS announce they'll work with china to initiate cultural promotion.
    The one working with them will be some chinese funding company and China's biggest digital music platform kukumusic aka kuwomusic, to have a full complete strategic cooperation

The strategy cooperation range of AKS is toward every Chinese industry, including the super female idol group AKB48 and it's official sister group in China, promoting not only online + offline, they'll also be having tours
    webstream, music copyright/licensing(? WTF?), video licensing, film participation and development/nurture of new groups.
    Also cooperation with manay big chinese media industry leaders closely.
    Both side strongly believe that it'll be a corporation which reaps great benefit for both party/country.
    Breaking the "stale entertainment" drought that's happening in current ent scene.

AKS yoshi-whatsisname Natsuko said "The strategic cooperation partner this time, is one we carefully chosen after great effort of analyzing the scene blah blah blah. They also agree to push 48G brand into the hearts of Chinese entertainment blah"
    AKS in Japan have worked with several Asian country and have been very successful and we really look forward to when 48G finally tackle China officially, we believe, in utilizing AKS's star-nurturing/making experience we gain throughout the years, we'll be able to create an economic miracle in China.

Kuku music president also express
    "Kukumusic have kuwo and kugou music app/website, which bring in 40 billion revenue and client base over 10 billion active account over 40 billion blah blah blah, it's the biggest chinese digital music platform, also the biggest in the world blah.

NOt only music, it also provide social media, video, games, stream, IP TV, and many great channels to which AKB48 can use to root themselves in the Chinese Ent Industry creatively.

And the last paragraph is all about both company praising each other to the moon of Jupiter and back on what each other can bring and how much they're looking forward to working together, in other word, all that business formality.

Yeah, don't really feel like translating all that word for word, just roughly translated by typing in notepad while reading it and ignore all the formality crap.

TL;DR
    AKB IS GOING TO CHINA WITH BIG BIG BIG!!!!! CHINESE CORPORATION BACKING! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!
    AKB IS GOING TO CHINA WITH BIG BIG BIG!!!!! CHINESE CORPORATION BACKING! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!

Then again, maybe I'm just pulling all this out of my ass.

Just a strategic cooperation and allowing kukumusic to have license to their product.
    No one is saying anything about handing all groups to China, just heavy promotion with insane backing power.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  5. Puni

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Why You Heff to be Mad?

If I may quote the original post
    And if I may also quote the topic
    All I wrote in my post ( http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/all48g-will-be-handed-by-china.15013/#post-1180098 ) is to specify that it is not "All JPN48 activities" but "All AKS activities in mainland China". Which seems to be congruent with your essay.

6. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun
    That translation seems odd.

"All future business in China included women super idol group AKB48'"

On the other side it could be mean like they handed AKS and AKB48G.

Confused.

7. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    To me it looked like AKS allowed the chinese group to handle AKB promotion in China, instead of giving them the leash

8. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I'm not even mad.

I'm just stating "No one is saying anything about handling all the groups to China"

A statement made to clarify confusion = Me mad bro.

Google translate is amazing when it comes to European language, but when it comes to Asian langauge... Lets just say it'll need more time

9. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    International exposure outside of sister groups. Nice.

This is the opposite of a problem.

10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Given everything I am reading here, this looks like it belongs in the SNH section. Furthermore, it looks like it should just be merged with the existing thread. I will give everyone a little bit to explain if I am interpreting this incorrectly.

11. Puni

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Not sure about this, as it seems to me that this is unrelated to SNH.

How I interpret this news message:
    AKS teams up with a mainland Chinese entertainment company to market their products in mainland China. AFAIK this includes AKB, SKE and some solo stuff.
    NMB may not be included in this since they seem to belong more to Yoshimoto.
    HKT is AFAIK also some kind of collaboration.

SNH already belongs (according to the english wikipedia) to NineStyle and Star48, so they shouldn't be affected by this deal anyway. Should be the same for the new ML China sister groups.

TL/DR:
    IMO this deal affects "only" AKB and SKE stuff, so you could argue that this thread is in the correct subforum.
    But you could also argue if it deserves a dedicated thread or if it could be merged with the "[General] AKB48 Thread".

12. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    What does this got anything to do with SNH?

SNH wasn't even mentioned, the city of Shanghai itself was absent from that article.

And no, it's not exclusively AKB get to work overseas.
    All sister group does.

And Kukumusic have a lot of channels for them to work in, regardless of field, may it be music, acting, variety, video game, advertising, live stream, heck, even live tours

And no, it's not exclusively AKB get to work overseas.
    All sister group are "part of the team"

when they said AKB48, they put 团 at the back, makes it "AKB48 Group".
    "AKB48 Group" is how Japanese and Chinese call 48G.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  13. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    That's why I asked instead of just acting. I was afraid I might be misinterpreting what I was reading. Obviously I was. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.