Archery/Kyūdō

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by FOAKB48, Jun 15, 2014.

1. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Does anyone take Archery or kyūdō? If anyone doesn't know about Kyudo, it's basically Japanese archery and is different to normal Archery.
    I wanted to do Kyudo, however the nearest club from me is about 2 hours away so unfortunately I can not do it, so I will just take up normal Archery which is about 5 minutes from where I live.

2. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Bowtech 82nd Airborne with custom cams. 75lb draw, 40lb hold. Yes I am an archer. [​IMG] I even teach, occasionally.

3. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Finally someone who replied lol
    I don't know what that bow is like atm since I'm still new to Archery, but that must be a compound bow if it has cams?
    Do you have pictures of your bow?
    I have actually been watching World Archery Championships alot though.
    I am most likely to get a recurve bow for my birthday when I finish my beginners course.

4. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Compound Bow it is. :D Custom cams because I take longer shots than is typical when bowhunting. Need the extra power to make sure I get penetration at range. Plus, I am a strong guy. Sixty pound draws feel like toys to me.:^^;:

Recurves are fine bows. Been looking into getting a Mongolian Recurve myself. That or a classic style British Longbow, in yew.:corr: Those are a B**CH to find though.:eek:

BTW, plenty of 82nd Airborne bow vids on YT. just saying. One of them is actually of mine. Before the cam replacement. Not telling which it is.:hehe:

5. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

I was wondering what to get out of a Compound and Recurve, but I thought that I'll use a recurve first, although I think it will probably depend on what I feel more comfortable with, so when I do my beginners course in August, I'll get a better idea then.

Can't get into the olympics with a Compound bow though, not that I'll get there in the first place lol but I also think Compounds are more expensive right? and I think more advanced, so no wonder they are a more expensive bow.

Can you not find those types of bows on the net? Or are they rare?

Yeah, they look like an awesome bow, I wish I could have a Compound and a Recurve, that way I can use whatever I feel lol

6. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i guess this is the reason why you picked kyudo?

I lived here in Barcelona, there is a Kyudo club here, 15mins via train/metro. I've became interested in kyudo after watching
    キスまでカウントダウン(Team A) .Most people practicing kyudo here are old or 30+ y/o.
    But the problem is buying and shipping the bow. How much import duties it will cost and where(trusted shop)
    Also the uniform, i dont want to show my nipple.. LOLLLLLLL :lol::lol:

So i decided to take takamina's role, Kendo. Until now im playing kendo.But i'm busy at the moment 1day of practice every week. But i will go back to 3days per week on october. Kendo is more intense. Kyudo relax both are needed concentration.

Hey i can be a real samurai bow and samurai. cool!

I want to take Kyudo someday. Right now i will do my best in kendo and make a name for myself here in EU. hohoho :D

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  7. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Well actually I did want to do Kyudo because I wanted to do Archery and it was a Japanese Martial Art, but I have not been able to do it since it's too far away from me.
    I will be doing normal Archery in August though and I have been watching alot of World Cup Archery since I have been interested in it.
    I loved Yui in that uniform doing Kyudo :drool:
    Kendo is a bit different and like you said, it's more intense, I went to an Anime Con a couple of years ago and there were these two guys dressed in in Kendo uniforms with Kendo sticks and were doing Kendo lol it seemed quite rough and can hurt yourself if you're not careful.
    And I agree about if you take up Kyudo, you have to have alot of concentration, patience, skill etc, Same with normal Archery but it's different from normal archery.

8. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

Yui is sooooooo sexy with that kyudo uniform. :worthy:
    tbh, im not drooling when i see 48girls on bikini(except for Kojiharu)

Yes, Kendo hurts when your opponent strikes you in an unprotective part. Kendo is more intense at the same time a focus mind(the hell)

------
    My mom asked me to take a martial arts, i told her about kyudo,she said its for rich guys only. It wont help you for self-defence. I took Kendo and told her it will be good. Then later on i told her kendo is not for Self-D., haha :p

I already contacted befire the staff of Kyudo club here, but with some factors in my 1st comment, i didnt attend their practice.

Please post some pic here when you start your archery class. Goodluck and when WE become famous, lets spread AKB to the world! :awesome::awesome::awesome:

9. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Yes, there are times when Yui can stun you lol :^^;:
    Oh Kojiharu, she just oozes with sexiness and not just with her appearance either.

I have never done Kendo before but it does look like a fun martial art to do and I guess there is also tactics involved too? But I guess it's more about your mind.

lol I guess in a way she's right, but in another way she's wrong, you could defend yourself with a bow and arrow, I mean what kind of person would wanna mess with you if you have a bow and arrow in your hands? :hehe:
    But I also disagree with her that it's for rich guys only, anyone can learn it. I don't think Yui is a rich guy somehow :awesome: At least not that I know of lol

Do they not have the Kyudo bow and arrows at the club? How do they run the club if there isn't any equipment for sale?

Haha I will post something when I get my archery kit. The Japanese are pretty good at Archery, but they are not the best, the Koreans are pretty amazing for Archery.
    I mean they have so much back up, like if one archer pulls out or something, another archer will easily just step in, but I think Archery is a big thing in S.Korea, they put in alot of funding I think. At least for the recurve side of things.

10. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

I've already started doing Archery and I have my first competition on Saturday, I absolutely love it and I'm not bad :)

11. Jisei

Jisei Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    jcrasco
    I always wanted to try archery but its not available at the schools i went in. yeah i have no idea what i can contribute to this thread but hey, at least you can say i'm an Archery Enthusiast. :)

12. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Who says you need a school? Just go down to your local sporting goods shop and ask if they can point you to any local clubs. Or you, know, search around online.;)

Went hunting a month or so back. Got my first Moutain Lion with a bow.:eek: And two bucks.:awesome: Had tags for one buck and the cat. Buddy could not get his buck for his tag so I got it for him, on the last day. He will be hearing about that for the next year or twenty.[hehe]

13. Jisei

Jisei Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    jcrasco
    nice haul! as for me i'm no where near an easy access to bows or even wildlife. As for hunting, gunning birds, not as exciting as archery isn't it?

14. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    I would like to take archery too!It's one of the things that I want to learn!

15. GeoFreak

GeoFreak Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hayashimomoka
    Twitter:
    GeoFreak17
    Whoa, where are those Yui kyudo photos from? They look amazing!

My current university is having a kyudo demo next month, but it was already full when I tried to sign up... hopefully they do it again in the future.

I did kendo for 3 years in undergrad in my school's club. I haven't practiced in over a year, but I'll try to join the local dojo sometime next year.