Battle Arena

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by junjou19, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

I wasn't going to bother replying in this thread, but I will just quote this once to make it clear. Can't say for every Mayuyu's fans, but personally, while I already can pick the arguments posted here apart, I have very little to no interest in fighting in a thread of which sole purpose is to "battle" (come on, are you guys that bored / desperate for attention?). I would rather defending my oshi if someone misunderstood her in some threads with relevant contents and purposes, thank you. There is a reason you don't see many people kicking dogs on the street just because they bark.

2. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Oh, I think this thread can have a purpose other than simply fighting with each other. It looks like a great place to put unpopular opinions that would derail other threads, or just somewhere to post brutal honesty. I'm already entertained by it the way it's going.

So here's what I think.

Okada Nana should be pushed for new center. Kojima Mako is fine and everything but she's just too bland for me. I guess that's how they like their centers with the "girl next door" vibe but Nana is such a hard worker and so intense and likable I think she would do just fine as well. I've seen lots of posts saying that Mako is an eye-catcher when she performs but I just don't see it, she blends into the crowd for me.

Any response to this thought would most likely just be a rational argument for why Mako would make a better center so I guess I'm not very good at this :^O^:

3. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

Well....

Sayanee: Lol, Mrs. "My boobs should be exposed to everyone" and people say + believe she is uncomfortable with gravure. Yeah, sure. Also, overrated performer. She is not an artist because she knows three chords on the guitar you know.

Miichan: Will be forever associated with the single most stupid act in the history of AKB48. Should have been fired the very next day. Plus the staff allowing the video to appear on the official channel right with her. When i am telling folks i like AKB48, 90% are like "Huh?" and 10% are like "Oh, this girl shaved her hair, because she is one kind of a slave, right?". True story.

Anrire: All three are acting like generic wind-up idol robot zombies. One must fear their batteries will uncharge during performances. At least, Kawaei is cute.

Paruru: Textbook example of stuff that is selling well despite nobody wanted it in the first place. Just tell people "boring and expressionless" is the new "exciting and fresh", and you will find enough wota zombies buying it. AND simultaneously considering themselves cool and anti-mainstream. At least, she is cute.

Akicha: Ugly nosed girl, who obviously hated every single second of her jakarta trip, and people are still making up cheap excuses for her, nobody is going to believe, anyway. Also, pet fashion brand?!

Sae: Her nose is getting bigger and bigger. And bigger. At 40, she will consist only of nose.

Mocchi: Thinly veiled gravure idol.

/discuss

Disclaimer: Attention! While there is truth in every point, it is exaggerated all over the place. Before somebody gets seriously hurt.

4. skydrive27

skydrive27 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    i not agree center for owada & kojimako.. both similar type with mayu, cheerful idols with standard skill. and i think mayu better than both

maybe best center for akb is takamina,yui.. both have good voice & dance skill. for nextgen member maybe okada nana, aigasa moe. sayanee also perfect but she not akb member.

5. pinkfluffballs

pinkfluffballs Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabe mayu
    Twitter:
    belletagy
    wow if i chanced upon this thread 4 years ago i'd have started shooting insults at everyone for disliking my oshi :hehe:

but anyway, like what other mayufans have said, i'm too lazy to 'battle' it out. after liking a local actress that seems to be hated by everyone for 5 years now, i've seen plenty of insults (even really ridiculous ones with no legit reason) and have gotten used to them. and after spending 1 year defending that actress i'm way too lazy to continue defending any celebrity.

nothing good comes out from the 'fight' anyway, us defending won't make haters change their mind and the haters' comments won't make fans change their oshi. with that said.. i'll just enjoy what's gonna come out from this thread :D

6. black_snow

black_snow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Except that won't be the last one. :awesome:

Oh well [​IMG] let's just pretend that she's not one of AKB's center right now if that will make you guys feel better. [​IMG]

7. leoASH

leoASH Kenkyuusei

Omg this was a fun thread..
    If I'm gonna support mayu in this battle will help haters vote for her then I will :^O^:
    But this battle just not gonna win over Kpop fan battle which I follow just enjoy to read the comment :XD:
    Peace [angel]

8. junjou19

junjou19 Member

@blacksnow no, we agree with you that she's a center, although we still don't have an ace, we just think she's a s*** center. And interpreting an article differently from you doesn't mean I interpreted it wrong.

@silenka oh good, so i'm not the only one who things Mako's dull...

@whoever said this Takamina and Yui double center would be close to godliness :cute:

9. junjou19

junjou19 Member

10. mayuoshi

mayuoshi Kenkyuusei

Well, from a management point-of-view, the center should be represent the core ideas behind the AKB48 business model. I won't defend to attack any member, just a few thoughts.

Acchan is approachable and enough to be liked by many people as someone they feel they "know", but at the same time, distant enough to be revered as more than just any person: as an idol (in various forms of the word). The members who are really close and friendly with their fans will never go much further than where they are and members that are too distant are too ambiguous to garner interest. A good balance is what makes a strong center. I'm bad at explaining, but yeah. I always pay attention to the idols who show fear, reluctance and uncertainty towards being center. Those girls have center-type personalities. The back-and-forth between caring and not caring and their passiveness towards the role is powerful.

On another note, the center's always going to be the classic, vibrant, smiley girly-girl. As much fun and good for the evolution of the group it could be, I don't ever see management ever picking any other types. Don't bring up sis groups because each one has a specific appeal.

I tried not to talk about Kojimako, but seriously just give her time. She's super nervous about being in senbatsu. It seems everyone (probably myself too) has quite distorted visions about AKB's past and centers and other stuff.

Honestly though, I would really like Mayu to be center consistently for the next ten singles, which is 2 years or so. I have from the very beginning and still stand by Mayu as the center for the next single.
    This is what I wrote first. Afterwards, I realised...
    Aki-P seems to want to stick to rotating centers, so in the end, this is pointless because everyone's going to be center sooner or later I mean, look how much time has gone by. The age of single-centers is done and I think the sooner everyone: media, fans, members, realise that, the sooner the group will move forward.

Then I kind of got off-topic...
    On a completely unrelated note, a personal gripe is that AKB has got some stiff competition from E-Girls (I know they aren't really idols, but bear with me), Juice=Juice and Morning Musume who are seriously killing it in terms of song and dance. Why not focus on training up to that level?

11. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Wow I give up on trying to successfully quote^

12. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

Before you support Mayu, fix your avatar first... :^O^: :^O^: :^O^: :^O^: [hehe]

Yeah, Aki-P is looking for more spotlight now,not only 1 but also from young generations for the future of this business. AKB cant have another Ace. Rotating centers is also the best way to lessen the damage from the graduation of the former Kami-7.

Just my opinion, I want to see Yukirin become the Center,but she might graduate soon after that... :^^;:

13. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Talking about Sayanee, I think she never said she is uncomfortable with gravure (or I missed that).

I think the whole 'Sayanee dislikes gravure' came from when she cried a little in her photobook release event. And that's not even because she hates gravure (or her photo book). She was asked if there's a photo that makes her embarrassed, and she told the press that it was a photo of her bending over (if I were not mistaken, it was a zoomed-in crotch shot from behind & below her). Well, you can argue that her guitar photo is worse that bending over, but well, different strokes for different people, what you think is worse might be different with what other people think is worse.

---

Okay if I were to participate in this thread. I will choose Takahashi Minami (oh my god how can you?!)
    I don't hate the girl. She's a nice leader, a decent singer & dancer, etc.

But I don't get why she is getting pushed even until now, when we can see her popularity doesn't reflect her push. She's always been pushed as AKB's #2 (even as the #1 before they switched to Maeda), but her highest rank in the election is 5th (and continued to fall).

And I don't believe the bullshit that is the position of 'general manager'. The management just wanted to change team A's captaincy with out somehow demoting her. And saying that her position is higher than Togasaki (ex) position? lol.

And I think her suberi-hanashi (what's that in English? Fail story-telling? lol) is totally fake; for me it screams like 'oh I ate an apple this morning HAHAHAHA it should be funny why are you guys aren't laughing too?'

To end this in a positive note, I do think she's an important figure in AKB history & she should be one of the front girls in team A & senbatsu (but not too front).

---

Edit: I also think (old, Akimoto, Oshima) team K's dancing is overrated, sure they are the best in AKB, but it still looks very messy to me. They have energetic songs & powerful songs, sure it makes their image 'dancers with energy'. But they are very not synchronized (especially if I were to compare it to S, KII or N). N2nd >> K2nd & S4th >> K6th (even though I like Akimoto team K's members more).

14. junjou19

junjou19 Member

I think that rotating centers is good right now since we're no closer to finding a true ace. Sure, Mayu us probably gonna center a lot, bit she's not a true ace and no amount of pushing is gonna make her one.

It's interesting what you^ said about Sayanee, I thought she hated gravure but i'm agreeing with you now so thanks :)

Takamina deserves a higher rank than she's getting, and I do think the GM position is more hurt than help for Takamina...basically management just wants her as a slave and agrees to push her if she slave for them.

15. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    ^
    As for Takamina, in the end she is 'only' a member of AKB; there's nothing wrong by making her a 'normal' member again. There's no need to make her do something that she doesn't need to do just because they want keep her 'high & mighty'. Besides, she deserves a rest. Let the younger members take control; if she kept being in charge until the day she graduates, how are the members supposed to adapt?

And as for the rotating centers (the thing that the management has been doing since the last two years), I don't think that's a nice idea actually. It kind of lessens the 'novelty' of being a center. Imo, rotating centers will lessen the hype of the public for the elections / janken taikai.

16. rka

Actually, if i got a dime for every time somebody unaskedly brings up the extreme "burden" Takamina has to lift, i would be rich enough to buy AKS. And fire her in an instant.

About Team K dance:

You mad, bro?

17. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

^
    ^
    ^ easy for you to say that. But in this idol/business industry. If you are the boss would you let one of your asset graduate or leave easily? I'm sure takamina is really tired right now. We all have choices. But Takamina decided to lead akb for a little more. If the management is gonna put her as a normal member then its like you are giving her an opening to graduate. Takamina is ready to graduate, but the management is not. SO they are putting burden on her shoulders.

Janken is rigged in the middle part anyway. So rotation of center is the best. Fans dont want to see same old face in the center position. Like you will see Paruru's face in the next 5 singles. I cant take that. :lol:

18. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Nope not mad, why?
    You mad because I think the dancing skill of the team your Sae was in, overrated, bro?

19. rka

Because you obviously do some stuff the DEA would care about, if you think Akimoto K is overrated. It is arguably the ugliest team in history, but also the best performing one. Check out Bacchikoi K! and compare to it to Happy A! and Wasshoi B!
    We are talking about AKB, of course, because sister groups do obviously not count.

20. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Don't come to the Battle Arena if you can't handle the heat :hehe:
    By the way, I do think Bacchikoi K! has the most energy between Happy A! or Wasshoi B! or Enjoy 4!, but all of them are messy in general (and if you read carefully, I did say that team K has the best dancing skills between the AKB48 teams).

Akimoto team K for me is one of the most amazing teams in AKB history. I really like Akimoto team K; I like the girls, I like the double center Oshima & Itano, I like the captain, I like their MCs. But I think their dancing skill is overhyped. End of point. I have seen lots of their performance, and yes, I do think they are powerful but messy.

And why do you exclude sister groups (and calling them 'shit no one cares about')? So now all of the members of SNH & SKE are shits that no one cares about? :awesome:

So no, I won't exclude sister groups :p
    Team S >= Team N > Team KII >> Team K imo. Team KII & S has been consistent in terms of performance even though their members have been shuffled, while team K has gotten bad after the 2012 shuffle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.