Best way to introduce AKB48 to a nonfan friend

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by renjiro, Apr 15, 2015.

1. renjiro

renjiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakaguchinagisa
    Hello, I'm kinda new here and just got really into the fandom for about half a year.

I really want my friends to love AKB48 as much as I do because experiencing all these things is so much fun for me and I want my friends to experience it also, I also like to spread the fandom of AKB48 as a little token of gratitude of what they have brought in my life. So I was always trying to make my friends know about AKB, by showing them variety shows, documentaries, PV and concerts, I also bragged about how good they are about how they are breaking many records and they're unique events but is seems like all my attempts is failing and its like they kinda ended up hating it than liking it so I guess the first step of introducing is really important.

It would also be good if you could share some experiences about making or converting your friend into an AKB fan.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  2. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Do they like anime? I know a lot of my friends started liking AKB after watching their anime AKB0048. It's a nice way to introduce them to the structure of AKB without the overwhelming factor. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. renjiro

renjiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakaguchinagisa
    Yes, all of them like anime, actually one of them likes the idol anime love live while one of them likes to watch gaki no tsukai and running man. Sadly though, out of the many shows of AKB, AKB0048 is the one that I am yet to watch, I try your recommendation though, thanks =D

4. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Awesome! Well it's all on crunchyroll. Now I believe it's on the free one - but I do have a 10 day free trial of premium if you need it.

There's also this if they like love live.

if the video does not show watch the video here

i believe that if they not infect them with sasshi in first place.
    too bad, now they just bunch of talk-to-many kids in tv.

now i understand,
    that cry in takamina locker room was just an act to get sympathy the moment she moved to ngt.
    i thought they will do another scandal again, i guess i was wrong.

will you put your money where your mouth is or will you abort middeal like you always do?))
    fyi, silly anti, HKT is one of the best performing groups right now. it is opinion of those who goes to their concerts - reporters and common people - not antis like you, who's never been there and never seen them, of course)) journalists are calling HKT "not just a protegee, but the greatest performing group in AKB48G now", there are thousands of raving reviews after their concerts, their National Tour is a huge success and highly praised. Sasshi even got an MVP of 2014 from AKB48 Newspaper, not a SSK winner, because of those awesome concerts. HKT was chosen to open Kouhaku separately from sister groups. their stage play AND concerts at Meijiza theater is a HUGE success right now. not a bad "infection" if you ask me))
    and what do you have, anti, to back up your loose words?

though I don't think you have, because it looks like you are completely in your parallel reality and your thoughts and words don't make any sense.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015
  5. alohano

alohano Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Gravure!!!! No brainer! LOL, kidding.

A live concert video. I have an in-dash DVD player in my car...and friends, co-workers like it when they see AKB48G in my car, knowing nothing about them.

6. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Show them Kesenai Honoo or Punkish.

7. renjiro

renjiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakaguchinagisa
    Thanks! I'll try those recommendations, although whenever they see the live concert most of the time they would say is there's too many members.

8. sungjong

sungjong Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hirate Yurina
    my friend dragged me into 48G through akbingo. at first i wasn't interested but then certain episodes were entertaining to me (for me, muchaburi dodgeball is always fun to watch. maybe your friends will like a different segment? like shoujiki shougi or danso or fashion episodes).

since you mentioned love live (which i love), i definitely suggest the AKB anime. idk if your friends play the love live app game, but if they do, try getting them to download and play the AKB/SKE app game. both are rhythm games.

although whenever they see the live concert most of the time they would say is there's too many members.
    48G can be overwhelming, there are a lot of members. try showing songs with less members (unit songs or duets). also, find 48G songs or concepts that fit your friends taste. if they like rock music, show them songs like Blue Rose, GIVE ME FIVE, Itoshiki Rival, Ikiru Koto etc. if they like ballads or slow songs like Mushi no Ballad, Kodoku na Hoshizora. cool and fierce -> Beginner, UZA, River. retro -> Korekara Wonderland.

9. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I just introduce them to one member first then if they like that one member then I would show them members that the one member they like are close to~ I had a friend who was a non-fan at first but then when I introduced him to Churi, well... From then he became a Churi oshi :)

10. Kuchi-Chan

Kuchi-Chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    Twitter:
    KokorinDesu
    AKB0048 is a good one to use. I'd also just give them a few songs to listen to, and if it gains their interest well suggest some more.

Sadly my friends are not the kind of people to like idols, so I'm very alone X.X
    That's why I spend 90% of my day on here haha

11. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

You can find all AKB PVs, including coupling ones here. Idk your friend taste but if they're ok with kawaii stuffs show Sugar Rush, Iiwake, KFC and throw in cooler ones like UZA, Beginner, Mushi no ballad to show the group's variety

AKBINGO >>
    it's usually effective. Here's a masterlist show her the best eps or something like the shoujiki, dodgeball, pranks, danso stuffs etc
    Either that or show her the documentaries. Show Must go on is pretty good and one of my fav. Google it. Aidol already subbed it

Don't show the Hebirote or the bikini PVs first tbh lol wait to spring those after you show they do more than bikini stuffs

Also if you show performances show them the better ones, not the lipsyncing mehh singles performances...like Sayanee guitar performance, Oogoe acapella, or Wasamin singing or something.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  12. jimmyonishi

jimmyonishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    Akbingo episode 1 is a must watch along with the dokkiris, surprise concerts, etc.
    Hakata Hyakatten is also recommended to get them into HKT.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  13. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

14. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Anime fan > AKB048
    Drama fan > Majisuka Gakuen
    K-Pop fan > UZA PV
    Tv Show fan > AKBINGO

15. Mayura48

Mayura48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    val_vanny
    i'm agree with AKBINGO, i'm showing to my friend one of episode from Muchaburi Dodgeball... and yea~ it work, nicely :v:

16. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

From my experience, it never worked =//
    But maybe it's me being a bad person to introduce something to a friend ahahahahaha
    Like all my friends know I have an "not quite normal awkward taste" for some Japanese songs. Sometimes they refer to AKB48 as "ohhh you are listen that bunch of good looking Japanese girl band you like, why... how..."
    Sometimes I try to get more interest from them speaking about how big it is in Japan and the elections and records and big senbatsu names and how sometimes it get really close to a social/musical school reality show/competition...
    But to be honest, no one ever tried after a while to get interested (their interest are only when they are in my car and they listen to the songs which actually most of them find nice)
    But based on my bad experience, as said before, DON'T SHOW HEAVY ROTATION, even being like the biggest hit ever and like first youtube/google search result.
    Avoid the bikinis MVs too, it's not for everyone...
    But I still think going through the music is the best way, they are insanely catchy and music is music, it's simpler, don't need much explanation or whatsoever.
    Once in a karaoke with friends (who are not into jpop at all), I sang Iiwake Maybe. It's was like the last song of the night, the best thing of the night for me was that when we left the karaoke they were like repeating Maybe... maybe... forever =]]

17. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

I was very much an anime fan, but if you were to try to introduce AKB0048 to me before I knew AKB I doubt I'll go watch it, just because that's not something I would watch as an anime. For my experience, after watching some other idol anime (not AKB0048) I started wondering what real life idols are like and started looking at AKB. At first I was meh, but AKBINGO sucked me all the way into the fandom. Long story short, I don't know. I got lucky.

18. renjiro

renjiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakaguchinagisa
    Well the first thing that I showed them was the Hebirote PV so I guess that really put a bad first impression on them that's why it's getting hard with the follow ups. Maybe I'll try with my other friends which I haven't introduce them yet and definitely didn't know anything about them, but I will still try to convince those that I have damaged already since they are my dorm mates and can show them AKB stuff more easily. They have different tastes in music so I guess I will try many different genres since AKB had lots :lol:.

For me I discovered AKB back in late 2012 but what I just watched are some PVs, liked it but not really to the extent of being a wota. then late 2014 decided to watch AKBINGO which really did it for me and completely change me so I think I'll try the AKBINGO strategy, I realized how idiot I am and regretting for missing the 2 years the day after I discovered them :wall:

Thanks for the link of old thread, no wonder I can't find it in the subforum because it's at the other subforum :lol:

19. pacmanamcap

pacmanamcap Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    imamuramaria
    Janken Tournament and Sousenkyo.

Or do not go missionizing, it's bad enough all these vegan people do it.

20. TakaOshiMina

TakaOshiMina Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    AKBINGO / SSK / MichaIke.......