TV / Radio Cabasuka Gakuen (2016/10/29 - )

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by TiduShoko, Oct 10, 2016.

1. MajisukaJyogakuenSALTYuko

MajisukaJyogakuenSALTYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Only your lawyer :lol: ! I think watchers should pay you [hehe] Poor Kaori I feel the same OshimaYuko you said it well ! I hope your wish will come true, let's see !

2. Myouiiii

Myouiiii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Thanks for the subs really !! by the way , I kinda feel like there will be another majisuka gakuen like drama . SINCE Naachan and Maiyan appeared in this drama . Omg anyways Idk but I got too hyped thinking bout it ahahhaa once again thanks for the sub !!! [hehe]:blush:<3

3. Shiatama

Shiatama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    Thanks so much for subbing!! MG is my favorite drama ever. Cabasuka Gakuen is even better than MG. So many AKB48 references. Love it.
    Yeah Nezumi-san came back again :)

4. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    So they ignored episode 12 In Majisuka season 5?

5. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    They ignored the entire season… as should you. ;)

6. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    They didn't ignore Maijos closeing

7. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Of course they did. The basic premise of Cabasuka is that the school is still open (but short on money). Maji5 was about the school closing for different reasons.

Also, the principal is back to not being a murderous psychopath.

8. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    It seems interesting up to episode 3

9. sandy32000

sandy32000 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mogishinobu
    It is more interesting up to episode 5 and beyond

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

10. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    Damm even Nezumi is back will there be a 7th season?

11. lylesenpai

lylesenpai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Just wishing tho why Salt didn't return. *sigh*

12. WeRiseOrFall

WeRiseOrFall Kenkyuusei

Asian Boss just published an interview with a hostess and it seems she works at Ike Ike Tattoo [hehe] at the 5:10 mark is the karaoke room in episode 3

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Finally I watched this drama! I also read every page of the thread before I write my review, and it's funny because I commented on the very first page here about how excited I was XD I actually remember watching the first episode of Cabasuka Gakuen with subs back then, and never continued (I'll explain why in my review). in the end I decided to watch all AKB dramas that I never saw before so I watched this too, and I'm glad I did! I wish I watched it back then haha. I'll write my (long) opinions under spoiler!

So back then, I actually watched the first episode of this drama but never continued, from what I remember, I didn't have a very good feeling about the story since the bar owner asked Sakura to sleep with him if they are successful, and she accepted (and it was obvious that by the end they'll be successful so I was like o_o). and also the scene where him and Jurina grab each other's butt o_o I was wondering what kind of idol drama/story is this? These little things didn't make me want to continue at that moment and I end up never watching it. But actually, although this first episode is indeed awkward, but now that I saw the drama in full, the drama itself is pretty good after the second episode when the story really starts LOL

For me there are 3 important points of this drama; 1) The girls from Majijo working at a hostess bar to make money and save their school. 2) Every episode having a guest member, the popular old gens who were in Majijo. 3) The murder case of Kaotan. I'll give my opinion on all 3!

About the main storyline of Majijo students becoming hostess at the Aquarium bar to save their school, actually I found this very interesting because I think it's related with their life/career as idol, they said a lot of things that are pretty much the same as their idol career. Their work as hostess is very similar to what they do at handshakes in real, the customers in the hostess bar are like fans, they have to entertain them and give fanservice etc. They always talk about becoming the #1 hostess bar (#1 group) and the #1 hostess (#1 at elections), it's not a coincidence that the leads of this drama are Sakura and Jurina who were both promoted as pair/rivals during those years, and compete to be #1 hostess during the drama, where in the end Jurina wins, but Sakura also manages to save the school with help of everyone, and Jurina tells her to "think more of herself" if she wants to be "the #1", this is very much related to idol careers.

There is also that moment in the episode with Kojiharu, where the boss (Saionji) says something like he doesn't want Kojiharu to help them because he wants to see them give their all to achieve their goal on their own to give it a real meaning. This is the same as for AKB, the juniors (in that case Sakura etc.) can get help from seniors but in the end it's their own hard work that can make the group get popular again and it's meaningful if they achieve it on their own. and when Tomu and Sayaya wanted to ruin the reputation of the Aquarium bar but Mirurun told them that they shouldn't ruin others to get their customers but find a way to do better and make the customers come to them, this is the same about the rivalries in 48G, it shouldn't be about ruining the other but win against her by improving yourself and become better. There are other parts of the drama that shows that it was similar to their idol life, overall I found that it was a good idea to have this drama with hostess bar concept because of this, it relates to their real career. (also funny when those customers wanted to meet Paruru again despite her salty treatment and the other girls were surprised then the man told them that all customers are different, it's the same as with fans of the real Paruru LOL)

About the main characters of the story, I think Sakura and Jurina both did a very good job in their roles. Jurina's role feels a bit dark like she has been working as hostess for long and doesn't have "innocence" anymore, she also helps the girls a lot, in a way the real Jurina can be considered both old gen and current ace at that time so her role suits her. As for Sakura, she is full of ambition (like the real Sakura) and lead the other girls together with Yui. Sakura looks so beautiful in her hairstyle and dress as hostess, I really love seeing her in this drama, so pretty! The other roles were all nice too, Yui was cool as usual (so pretty too). Naachan had quite an important role and did well, honestly I liked her storyline with that boy but sadly it ended up in a bad way with his crazy obsession over her, before that both of them were very cute >.< (he appears again in the end so I guess it's not a very bad end for this LOL) Miion was so cute too, that host with her didn't look bad but we saw that he's bad really quick LOL I love that episode (will talk about it again below). Everyone else did well, I was surprised that Komiharu had a role, that was nice. Oh and the other hostess bar with NMB, although we didn't see them so much, but Sayanee looked really classy and cool, the other girls did well. I laughed at the scene at the beginning where they brought funeral flowers on the day where the Aquarium bar opened, then the way Jurina replied to ask if it's funeral flowers because their bar ran out of business, that was funny XD in the end they helped the Aquarium bar though so it was positive ^^

For the guest members in each episode, I love all of them! Starting with Mayuyu (Nezumi), she looks so cute in the hostess clothes with the dress *-* I love how at the end of her episode, she had a scene with Jurina, and the background music was the music of Seishun to Kizukanai Mama, the MG2 song and I LOVE this song! T_T I also love MG2 and the CenNezumi pairing, this little reference scene made me happy ;w; Another episode that I love is the one with Yukirin, with her fiance coming to the hostess bar, I loved seeing Yukirin and Sakura in the same scenes, Kagoshima queens *-* and Yukirin looks cute with her glasses and casual style. it was a fun episode with fun ending when she appeared in front of her fiance while he was with Sakura LOL I also love the episode with Sasshi because it was so funny, how she took revenge for Miion and keep going to that host bar to spend a lot but never paid, and in the end she transfer to Jakarta hahaha loved this XD and lastly Paruru's episode was great too, she looks too cool with the Salt clothes ahh *-* and so funny as hostess with her salty treatment XD it was also nice to have guest like Kojiharu, Renacchi, Annin etc. Just for Hana, I was a bit like o_o Because she is underraged, but it turns out that it's part of the story that she is underraged and was paid by that detective to join them and make problems for the bar. Anyway these guests were one of the best part of this drama!

The Nanase cameo at the start and Maiyan cameo at the end were both very cool too, both of them did great in their short fight, this made me wish that there was a real Majisuka season with 48 and 46, that would have been so cool >.< Too bad it never happened and now it's too late because all those girls are gone. T_T

Now for the murder case, well, I liked that they put a story like this in the drama, but in the end it was a bit rushed... I knew that Saionji wasn't the murderer since he's close to Jurina, Sayanee etc. and the detective was shady when he paid Hana to be hostess just to arrest Saionji. But the fact that the murderer is randomly someone who was from the same bar as Kaotan, and we didn't even see Nao before or a good reason other than she was jealous. well anyway it was still nice that the drama had a part about a criminal case, it made it more interesting to follow!

About the ending for Sakura, the fact that she went together with Saionji in a room and prepared, I was like o_o well thankfully nothing happened and he left, but I didn't really like this part of the story (the condition he gave to sleep with him), actually I'm not a fan of Saionji character overall through the drama. But either way the ending is satisfying for the girls, they save the school, and Sakura's ending is good! (she goes back to being hostess though with a new dress and hairstyle *-*)

So overall I really enjoyed this drama, I watched without taking it too seriously but since it reminded me of AKB's careers, it started to be interesting to make the parallels with their real self, and I loved seeing all the guest roles! I think Sakura did great in her role and she looks really too pretty ;w; They didn't have a lot of fights scenes but a few here and there so it was nice, they were still the girls from Majijo even if they became hostess ^^ also I love how the drama's theme song is High Tension. So catchy, loved hearing it each time!

I noticed that there is one video that wasn't posted in this thread yet, it's from years ago but I'll post it, it's a longer version of the DVD promo video, with a few more making scenes!

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Agree Agree x 1