[DISCUSSION] SKE48 General Election. Why not?

Discussion in 'General SKE48 Discussion' started by ijkm, Feb 19, 2012.

1. ijkm

ijkm Kenkyuusei

It seems that SKE48 has a very strong fanbase now. I just think about an only SKE48 General Election. Why not?
    Do you like that idea?

2. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Would the result be any different to their senbatsu line up?

3. ijkm

ijkm Kenkyuusei

Maybe. I think some SKE48 Member got strong Fanbase like Amina. We will never know what happen with Senbatsu and Undergirls :) .

4. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    the popularity of members ranking around 12-26 is kinda foggy, so honestly it's kind of up to grabs.

5. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika
    Actually, only top 3 would be clear.. WMatsui and Churi. Everyone below Churi would be hard to determine

6. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I thought of that, but thought it would be obvious that members like Kumi, Sawako, Masana, Akari, Ogiso, Yuria etc would occupy the 4-11 spots and thinking about it, it would be a little easier to figure out which members would get those spots. But Ske fans with the constant rotating sembatsu members, the members that possibly might be gaining more attention throught their activities (Miki, Seria, Mieko, Mano) it would be almost impossible to tell you which order they would go in.

7. GATX105

GATX105 Member

It would still be interesting to see where those girls place (4-11) since we don't really see how many votes people out of the top 40 get. :)

I wish though that the akb election wouldn't just be tied-in with an akb single since it is more or less an all 48 election. I wish there was also an ske and nmb single around the same month or so that you can buy in order to be able to vote. although it might mess up the akb sales for that single.

:)

8. kingtheking81

kingtheking81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishizukaakari
    my first thought is that with each single release they tend to rotate with their ssenbatsu, so no need for an election. But on the other hand, i'm curious if there are any 'amina'-like girls present that arent noticed through the normal senbatsu concept.

9. oddball

oddball Member

can you vote for NMB and AKB girls? :p just kidding! :D

Hmm, would definatly be interesting wouldn't it, SKE tend to chop and change the bottom half of thier senbatsu for singles already, though GATX105 says it would be interesting to see a fan ranking for the girls

the thing is though, with SKE, would it really be that different than thier normal senbatsu would be? Probably not but then you could argue that about AKB too.......

10. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

There should not be an SKE48 senbatsu election.

There is already enough stress involved in the lives of these young women. Another election that pits members against one another for relative popularity is an unneeded additional cruelty. They work hard to bring us such beauty and joy, we should let them have what peace they can have in their lives.

The general election process for AKB48 that SKE48 participates in should be done away with. Rather than expanding elections, and bringing more stress to those who are fine with not ranking in the top 40 in the general election, the entire process should be brought to an end.

While my preference is for the members to decide what method of selection is best for themselves, I am happy to let Akimotosensei and his staff do the selecting as an alternative.

I am also a proponent of all Janken all the time senbatsu as another alternative.

11. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    I guess I'm too used to elections now since I'm waiting for this.

This year, I can't think of anybody to vote for in the AKB election... Girls I'd like to vote for would never make it, and it'd be a waste of money. And SKE is a lot less solidified.

Even aside from that, the first election is the shocking one. You don't know who of the lower girls will have HARDCORE FANS like Amina did (other than Akarin and Masana since they make AKB's election), and the UG equivalent would be really interesting to see. Personally I'd spend TONS of Maimai in hopes of her making it, or maybe throw some votes at Miki to try to get her into senbatsu.

tl;dr SKE's tiers aren't as set in stone so it'd be more shocking and worth looking at than AKB's and it'd be interesting to see who has the hardcore "Amina" fans.

12. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Please no.

Not another heart break for Jurina. I know that Rena will probably beat her by a landslide and that can be too much for Jurina.

She's the ace/center of SKE and it should stay that way.