TV / Radio [DRAMA] - Gakkou no Kaidan - 2012/07/20~

Discussion in 'SKE48 News & Releases' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. kokiburi

kokiburi Kenkyuusei

I sure hope we will see the next episodes u.u'

For those that might interest, here is the translation of a short RJ interview about the drama (+ talk about personal paranormal experiences). :shifty:

2. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    Lo and behold, look what we have here.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C75iyyS2nTM[/yt]

About time really. I've been waiting nearly a whole week for this.
    Is it wrong that I was pretty much laughing through nearly the entire episode? It appears they kicked common sense out the back door (c'mon girls. WHY on earth would you steal a piece of the anatomy model?).
    Best of all? The chase sequence, or rather, the "alive" model happily skipping down the corridor.

Made me almost forget that Akarin was starring this time 'round. :awesome:

3. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

Yeah, I guess it is a bit wrong. The reason is made pretty clear in the Japanese conversation: The teacher came in suddenly before the heart could be put back into the model and asked the girls firmly if they touched and broke anything in the room while doing the cleaning. They were then asked to various chores for the teacher until it was quite late. Clearly because of all these hold-ups the girl never got a chance to put back the heart and instead of placing it somewhere and then lost it forever, the girl kept it in her pocket. And when another girl said she wanted to go back to school to pick up forgotten item, she just asked her to help put the heart back. Sounds quite common sense to me.

4. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    Spoiler the damn thing.
    Excuses. Putting back the heart into the model shouldn't take anymore than 10 seconds. Just go put it back and then go do whatever your teacher wants you to do. I don't see how forgetting about it because of a whole heap of new chores is automatically deemed "common sense".

But yeah, we're trying to squeeze out as much of a horror trope as we possibly can. Real common sense be damned.

5. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

Have you ever tried putting back pieces into a body model? You need to remove the lung before you can put back the heart. With teacher being around, it is not possible for the girl to put the heart back without him noticing it.

You can say that after the chores she should be able to put it back but then the teacher could have left together with the girls or the girl only just remembered the heart when they already left the school building.

I am not saying that it is not going for the horror trope, but for this particular story I do not see ANY common sense being thrown away that much as you claimed. All things that happened before the supernatural encounter can indeed have taken place in a real life setting.

6. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

It is not just that. There is also the ending too:

In the conversation at the grave, Kyouko pointed out that perhaps Misuzu was also interested in dating the boy who used to be Haruka's boyfriend (and by then Kyouko's). Misuzu denied but in her own monologue she thought she might indeed envy Haruka for having such boyfriend. Not long after the graveyard visit, Kyouko got ill and died soon afterwards. And it is Misuzu who is dating the boy now.

7. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    Again, spoiler the damn thing. There might be people who haven't watched this episode yet.
    Then wait till he buggers off. Simple. Removing and reattaching the lung shouldn't add a significant amount of time. All I'm saying it's easily and quickly doable. Finish off what you started before doing something else. That is common sense.

And if they realised that they were going to leave the school compound after finishing the chores that the teacher gave them to do, they would have more incentive to quickly finish off rebuilding the model before they left (otherwise they might be locked out, which if it (the school) isn't, says more about the school's security policies than anything else).

Anything else is just pure forgetfulness. Even so, I'm led to believe that getting sidetracked is a cheap way out of it. Surely Airin (or was it Akarin, no matter) would've felt the huge lump of the organ model in her skirt pocket/bag/etc. for her to simply "forget" that the model is incomplete.

It's unrealistic in my opinion.

8. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

I don't agree. You are assuming they have got the time to go back to the room and get the job done. I am saying there are many possibilities that it could not have happened. You just jump to the conclusion that the fix can always happen without any concern or problem for the girls.
    I think it is REALISTIC as far as the situation is concerned.

Also I think the ep.3 is scary in its own way without resorting to evil smiling doll that cheap B-class horror US movies do.
    And I can understand why Churi would not want to chop it up because she still carries a certain feeling to the time past she spent with the doll. I can agree that it is unnatural for Churi to just keep throwing the doll away as something clearly is not quite right if it can find its way back by itself. I guess the priority for Churi at that time was more like she just did not want to spend the night with the doll at all.

9. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    This is getting way out of hand for a six minute horror short.
    I am not jumping to conclusions here, as much as you'd like to believe.

How is the notion that the girls could've fixed the model either before they went and did the chores, or before they left the school entirely, something that the girls cannot possibly achieve beyond reasonable doubt, barring going back in time, which you seem to assert quite strongly here?

If the reason you're presupposing is that the girls are too scared to admit their error in front of the teacher and apologise for accidentally damaging the model (and hence having to go back to fix it), then they need to harden up. And in any case, I'm 99% sure that the teacher would be understanding enough to let them go back and fix it before the school locks its doors.
    Any more and I'll have to agree to disagree.

10. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

As I said before, if the teacher left the school together with the girls, they could not have got the time to go back. Or if the girl who picked up the heart (remember the other girls did not know that she picked it up) originally planned to put it back by herself but later changed her mind when she heard another girl was going back to the school. That could also happen. Why do you think that all these possibilities are just "common sense thrown out of the window" as you claimed in your original post??

Well in real life there are many students who are scared of their teacher and I have seen quite a number like those in that episode when I was still in high school. Why do you presume that they are as hardened-up as you seem to want them to? In this case it may be you who are ignoring common sense and viewing it only from your own preference.

11. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    ^

12. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

^ I know of course.

Also, I think the first episode is the least scary among the first 4 episodes (again I am disagreeing with you here)
    because at the end it relies on a visual scare at the end, while other episodes have more story or situation driven scary moments by camera work or editing.

13. irontech

irontech Next Girls

Ep06

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDJZNV_MCg[/yt]

The quality of this clip is quite low, but it has English sub.

And I found the 4th Episode with English sub, for those who are interested.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdubIvKn-TA[/yt]

14. Chaos48

Chaos48 Kenkyuusei

ep 07

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quG13g6PcL8[/yt]

15. crunky12

crunky12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    I actually find this series kinda funny. Probably cause I don't get scared by horror at all. :awesome:

16. Chaos48

Chaos48 Kenkyuusei

ep 08
    Mary san (Yuria Kizaki)

[dm]xsp1jw_gakkou-no-kaidan-ep-08_shortfilms[/dm]

All chapter here

17. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    Thoughts on the recent 3 episodes so far:
    Ep. 6: As unsettling as it tried to be, I was completely bored, let alone scared. Even with English subs to boot. The teacher killed herself and her spirit's haunting the school somehow. Whoop-dee-doo if nothing's actually happening to the students.

Ep. 7: Now that's more like it. Still the same cliched horror buildup scare pattern as with Eps. 1 and 2, but hey, at least it's a decent shot at trying to come off as scary. A tad quick on the nightmare face near the end, and I'm still not sold on the fairly unresolved ending ("cool, she has a sixth sense... life moves on" :wtf: ) though.

Ep. 8: Almost as half-decent as Ep. 7 (and significantly better than anything from ep. 3-6), but they blew the ending. At least show us the damn "thing" (or even a mere scream would be effective) instead of leaving it to our imagination, 'cos the latter's just not gonna work here.

By the looks of it though, Ep. 9 looks unintentionally hilarious - again. Doesn't quite help that Katsuo's starring in this either. Plump little boy pretends he's Superman by pushing a car off the cliff. Unless the car somehow refused to start/broke down through some supernatural happenings, why the couple didn't just attempt to drive off or ram that little kid over is :fp: . Oh well, guess we'll have to find out when it airs.

18. irontech

irontech Next Girls

A interview with 4 SKE members on a TV segment, speaking about Gakkou no Kaidan

(sorry if this is a repost)

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftWHMWAUVes[/yt]

19. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    [​IMG]
    oricon

Oricon has made a page about this show.

20. irontech

irontech Next Girls

(Apologies if this is another repost)