Fan submitted birthday banners!

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Kyobu, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDevil

CDevil Member

I was thinking about that too. I think it'd be easier to talk it out in the respective threads, and it would be better to decide exactly who is doing what BEFORE anyone makes a banner. Doing a poll sounds fair, but the feeling you get when you lose a poll (especially when it involves something/someone you care about) sucks a lot to be honest. If there's blatantly more than one person who wants to make the banner, those people should just work together on it (through PM or just in the thread).

2. Heiwa

Heiwa Kenkyuusei

it would be nice ^^ but is better wait for others opinions :)

go to Sae thread ok?

3. hijirigaoka

hijirigaoka Kenkyuusei

uhmmm, what about the seeds? most of the seeds are still "unknown" to most people. first one to be hit is nitou moeno. she will be celebrating her bday on the 22nd, and she doesn't even have a thread.

4. Shumatsu Samurai

Shumatsu Samurai Kenkyuusei

Well I don't think we need to have banners for everyone but it's nice that we can if we want.

On the topic of popular members / shared birthdays, I support the idea of just using all the submitted ones in rotation.

5. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Or maybe instead of having one banner for each girl, maybe people could submit different banners for one girl and they could all be in a rotation. :D

6. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Well I think if nobody wants to make her a thread, then there's nobody who'll want to make her a banner. Like I said, if the girl has fans, the fans will look after it. If not, then too bad. That's the way it is at the theatre, so it should be that way here.

7. CDevil

CDevil Member

Even though it was only on the previous page, I forgot about the rotation thing :lol: I agree, rotating banners is better.
    I'm not sure what the fans do exactly for a girls birthday at the theatre (other than birthday messages, flowers and glowsticks) but I'm sure it's no simple process. Whereas it only takes a few minutes to make a basic banner in photoshop. The whole "if the girl has no fans then she doesn't get a banner" thing sounds incredibly unfair, this is a girls birthday we're talking about, the most important day of the year. Celebrating it shouldn't need to involve popularity (especially since there can be many reasons as to why a girl has less fans on this forum). I know the girl won't notice if we celebrate her birthday or not, but it's the thought that counts.

I need to know if Kyobu will whip up a simple banner for the girls who don't get one made in time. If not, I'd be more than happy to do one myself...but yeah...my photoshop skills aren't great and it takes me ages so I'd prefer it if someone better were to do it (as stupid as that sounds after my little rant) :oops:

8. Kyobu

Kyobu Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    I could definitely whip up simple banners quickly, and if for some reason I REALLY can't, I could PM you? My only worry is for some SEEDs we'll struggle for pictures.

9. albusdumb

albusdumb Member

@ Chuu~Devil
    I understand and I agree with your remarks.
    But I'm sure that of good souls will make banners for the least popular.

If it's needed, I can to make some too ;)
    It's just necessary that I program the dates not to forget them :lol::lol:

10. hijirigaoka

hijirigaoka Kenkyuusei

i really want to make a banner for nitou moeno. the problem is, she really doesn't have much pictures (practically none). she is relatively new after all. and her birthday is in 4 days... poor girl.

11. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Having banners for every single girl turns this from a fun way to support your favourite girl (which is how the whole thing started, with Gao~) to being a burden, having to do work 'just because'. If you want to be the one making the banners for a bunch of girls you might not be fans of than go ahead, but I think that's missing the point, it's supposed to be about YOU celebrating YOUR favourite member's birthday, not the forum celebrating every single birthday. The first post is even worded as such.

12. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    +100

Rotating banners. Whoever wants to contribute should be able to show off their work regardless of whose is better.

The best quality shouldn't necessarily mean that's the only one. Something like this should be available to anybody who wants to show their support of their favorite member, regardless of talent.

However, I believe you should only be allowed to submit 1 banner.

13. hijirigaoka

hijirigaoka Kenkyuusei

you have a point there mr waffle. and i agree with tatami as well. will just wait for the bday of my favorite member then.

14. CDevil

CDevil Member

Sure, that sounds great! About the pictures, thankfully most of the SEEDs have profile pictures now, so would it be possible to make something like the very first AKBfourty8 banners (which only used 1 picture)? I actually really liked them even though they were simple. Maybe it would be good to make a birthday banner 'template', so that all you would need to do is change the picture, name and age whenever it's a girls birthday.
    I understand where you're coming from, but wasn't the initial idea for every girl to have a birthday banner? That's the impression I got when I read makistar's and Kyobu's first posts on THIS page.

I personally don't see any of this as a burden at all. No one is forcing anyone to do anything. If I were to make a banner for a girl I don't really know, it'd be because I WANTED to make it, and doing so wouldn't make me any less of a 'Favourite Girl X' fan than someone who makes one just for 'Favourite Girl X'. I'd expect others to feel the same way. If this was the theatre then maybe things would be different (especially with some girls being the jealous type when it comes to fans), but this is the internet. None of the AKB girls will care if anyone makes multiple banners, and I'm hoping no S48 members will care either.

Someone making a banner for a non-favourite member of theirs doesn't stop anyone else from celebrating their favourite member's birthday, and it shouldn't make it any less special or fun. So I don't see the problem.

15. Ange

Ange Member

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    I don't understand all the fuss everybody is doing about the banners. LOL.

16. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    DO YOU REALIZE HOW SERIOUS OF A THING THE INTERNET IS?!

17. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

18. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I've already said that I think if someone wants to make banners for another girl, then go ahead. If someone wants to make banners then let them volunteer. If you're not going to do it yourself then I don't see a need to keep going on about it...

19. Ange

Ange Member

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    Damn, I had forgotten that important point.

*munches popcorn with makistar*

20. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.