Favourite AKB Dance Routine

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Sep 2, 2007.

1. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

I don't believe there's a thread for the dances yet, and why not?! The girls have some great, strange, sometimes down right stupid dance routines. So let's mock poke fun at discuss them B-)

My favourite is BY FAR the retarded monkey move done by Tomochin and Takamina during Darui Kanji. You can catch a glimpse of it in the Lincoln special, for anyone who has it, but I can't wait till the A4 DVD comes out so you guys can see it in full. It is just gold. Pure gold.

[​IMG]

^ like so <3

How about you guys?

2. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

i have yet to see if for myself, but now i'd love to see how it looks like.

3. Namitamakifan

Namitamakifan Kenkyuusei

Me too, i can't wait for it to come out! So far my favorite dance routine is Dear my Teacher (Don't know why myself?)

4. GTO

GTO Kenkyuusei

Waiting for it too ^^ ... so far i like hone2 waltz ... XD
    and of course ... korogaru ishi ni nare

5. luminouswave

luminouswave Kenkyuusei

Waiting for A4.
    I think "Sakura no Hanabiratachi", gently dance.

6. Twintails

Twintails Kenkyuusei

Koike inspires such a strong feeling, especially when Team K performed it. I love all the routines, but I think that one is my favorite.

7. fosensei

fosensei Kenkyuusei

^That was one of my favorite Team K performances from the First Concert.

I don't know why, but I liked Team A's Ame no doubutsuen performance.from that concert. The smaller group (compared to the Team K performance) looked better to me.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I really love the Namida no shounan routine. Sakura no hanabiratachi too. The version where they use the mic stands. Not having to hold the microphone lets them do more interesting routines while singing. LIke Team K's Blue Rose routine. .

One routine that made good use of the stage was Team A's GLASS no I LOVE YOU performance in the FC. I liked this one, eIxcept for Itano's cheerleader jump.

While I loved the Team A Bird singing, those "wing flapping" moves were a little weird.

From the Spring Concert, I liked the 7 ji 12 fun no hatsukoi.routine. I also kinda liked the Tadaima renaichuu routine. Very flirty. The one part I didn't like was when made some kind of circular motion with their arms.

At first I thought the Kikyou routine was too corny, but now I think it's really sweet.

And who doesn't love the Honehone Waltz PV? Okay maybe some of you...

I'll have to reserve judgement on A4's Darui kanji. The preview makes it look quite...provocative. :oops:

Himawari's "Lay Down" looks like it has a very visually appealing routine. I'm looking forward to seeing that one.

There, I'm done. I'll save my list of the weird routines for next time...

8. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

It's actually not as dirty as the preview makes it out to be. That's pretty much the "worst" part. The rest is just hilarious crack dancing <3 <3 <3

9. fosensei

fosensei Kenkyuusei

Too bad Nacchan's not in Team A anymore ;)

10. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

I KNOW! Darui Kanji seriously was the perfect song for her... oh the missed opportunities :cry:

11. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    The following are just plain silly:

Disclaimer: I have nothing against any of the girls who do these moves. Miichan could be doing all of these (well she does in fact do a few) and I'd still laugh at her. I just think they look out of place.

*clears throat*

1. When the girls hold their heads in "Faint" with 1 hand and do that awkward circular motion with their bodies (Team A 4th stage)

2. The entire junior high school talent show look of the song "Tomo yo" (Team K's 3rd stage opening song).

3. The awkward hip movements found in "禁じられた2人" when the girls do the hand waving back and forth, they bring their hand up to their head and do that hip-thrust/body-twirl. Adding insult to injury, the guys that mimic that makes me feel as uncomfortable as the time that I saw Jamie Lee Curtis do that strip tease in the movie "True Lies." This one is hard to describe but Tara should know what I am talking about, and either a) beat me b) agree and laugh about it, or c) be able to explain it better.

4. Everybody in Team A who does the frantic "windmilling" of their arms in "ただいま 恋愛中" when they are singing the "oh-oh-oh....oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh" (Team A 4th stage)

5. It isn't that I don't like it, I just think it looks funny. The "moonwalk" the girls do in the beginning of "愛しさのdefense." The fact that they look like giant spiders because of their puffy skirts only adds to the humor. (Himawari 1st stage)

6. Any of the larger "group" songs. Not poking fun here, just making a general comment. Its of course much harder to coordinate a dance that looks great with 16 girls instead of 6, or 3, but...I don't really think any "group" number looks that great in terms of dancing, regardless of what song it is or how much I like it. For example, I adore the songs "dakedo" and "dare no tame ni" but there is not much more than just walking around on a stage and bending your knees. I think its appropriate for the songs, and I wouldn't want flashy dance numbers for them, either.

Now, favorite dance routines: These aren't my favorite songs, I'm just going by the choreography.

1. Ame no doubutsuen. I must look like an idiot when I watch them perform this song. I swear I regress to an 8 year old girl. With that said, I don't care. This is one of the cutest songs I've ever heard in my life.

2. 嘆きのフィギュア. This dance is awesome, and the girls nail it so well. (Team A 2nd stage)

12. pikopikopong

pikopikopong Kenkyuusei

How they entered the stage for "Only Today" was nice.
    Hone waltz seems fun. The one near the end of the chorus with the right leg thingie

13. Kyobu

Kyobu Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    Faint is superior in everyway. I especially love that little wrist thing they do while they are walking. Haha, it's hard to explain, I'll cap it later.

14. txandyy

txandyy Kenkyuusei

my fauvorite dance routine is faint i love this dance to me because it combines the clothes perfectly that takes with the movements that do.

another dance routine that also I like (in this there are more girls ) is seifuku ga jama wo suru

15. Namitamakifan

Namitamakifan Kenkyuusei

I agree i like the entrance to Only Today at their concert.
    Hone Hone Waltz i slow but fun!!!

16. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

there was this dance that some of the otaku-wota's in the cafe/main shop area, just outside the double doors, doing this slide dance look like iceskating to me...thought it was funny, as the concert was playing on the double LCD TV screens above their head. Team B was performing that night..just thought it was interesting how they were dancing along..

17. yumestarlet

yumestarlet Kenkyuusei

I'm a sucker for stupid dances. This means PARTY ga Hajimaru yo and Nounai Paradise's dances top my list.

A little less on the bizarre side, the dance for Faint is another one of my favorites.

18. Nessy

Nessy Kenkyuusei

I definitely love the little waving-&-then-arm-rotating/shoulder-rolling/hip-oscillating move in Kinjirareta Futari. Also the part in Cinderella wa Damasarenai when they hold their arms and upper torsos super super stiff but their legs are moving just fine--it looks really neat. And the "ai wa hana wo ushinatta tobenai tori" part of Bird--the weird chest thrusts + the hand moving around then the wing flapping is simultaneously silly and appealing.

Overall, though, my favorite dance is probably Keibetsu Shiteita Aijou--the snap at the beginning of each chorus obviously is what makes it, but just the entire formation is really visually interesting.

EDIT: Ayla's post below reminded me that I love Nageki no Figure as well. XD Robot dance forever!

19. Ayla

Ayla Kenkyuusei

Nageki no Figure, by far!

I <3 the robot moves. Their footwork just...amazes me. The leg/foot move they make after they say "figure" is my favorite part. XD I don't even know how to describe it..

The whole dance is just hypnotizing to me!

20. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    I have to say I love the hone hone waltz dance! It just fits the song and the girls so well!!

I also for some bizarre reason quite like the skirt hirari dance xD Whenever I play the song I always want to dance along!

I think of more another time...