Finding a new Oshimen

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Rasberry, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Rasberry

Rasberry Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kobayashikana
    So as we know, one of the hardest parts to having an oshimen is having them graduate. Once the graduation is over, we are left with 2 choices, first is to graduate yourself from AKB or the second is to start from scratch and connect to a new oshimen, who you may already like or like me.... oh no I have to find a new girl to support, and if your new oshimen is from a sister group.... where to now....

So I guess questions/ answers/ Discussions.....

Is there a time limit? How long does it normally take?
    Is it ok to change around until you find the right oshimen?
    How do you fit in if your new oshimen is from a different group (NMB, HKT, JKT etc)
    How is it taken if you still show huge support for former oshimen, like holding towels and t-shirts of graduated members at current concerts?

2. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

I'm pretty sure you can do whatever you want and nobody is going to stop you from, say, getting handshake tickets for your new oshimen..

Well it's just kinda weird to bring towels/t-shirt of member that isn't in the performance, but I know people who do that no matter what event or whether their oshimen is in the event.

3. allihx

allihx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I've been changing around ever since my former oshimen announced her graduation. And struggling with possible oshimen from sister groups is something I have dealt for months -- and truth be told, it's getting even more difficult for me to find a girl I really like.

I think that you can take as much time as you need and no one has the right to say otherwise.

Just be patient!

4. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Limit?, nope, there's no limit, also there's no measured time to pick a new one.
    change around until choosing?, yeah it's also valid.
    oshihening to a sister group? totally valid!!!
    ...only the last question i didn't knew it :^^;:

My case for example:
    When Amina graduated, i was changing around many members until i fell for Airin and i choose her after three/four months after amina graduated. Fast forward one year, Airin graduated, but this time i went straight to Karen, no detours. Fast forward one year again, last month Karen graduated, and i'm still messing around who will be the next :^^;:

TL;DR It's all about who you feel about your oshi and the other members.

5. junjou19

junjou19 Member

It's really subjective, there's no formula ^^' just go with whatever feels right. My two oshimens just graduated within three days of each other, so I won't have an oshimen until I feel like I've found a member I love at that level.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

6. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I wouldn't say those are the only two choices. Although technically that is fairly close to what I have done. In many ways I have graduated from AKB. I guess you could call it an "Acchan style" of graduation. My relationship to the group has changed, I am more interested in other things (like Wasamin's solo work, and the indie/up-and-coming idol groups I have started to follow) But I still hang around.

A lot of fans feel the pressure to have an oshimen. There is nothing wrong with being DD. In fact most every fan (overseas AND in Japan) is DD to a point. The bottom line is that nobody should feel pressure to have an oshimen just to say they have one. The whole point of oshi'ing someone is to put your heart into supporting that person. If your heart isn't completely in it that isn't going to work. Finding an oshimen should be a completely organic experience. As has been stated many times on this forum, you do not choose your oshi, your oshi chooses you. You will know when a member has affected you in such a way as to call them your oshimen

I don't see why that would be an issue. For quite a while I have stated that while my oshimen is an AKB member, the group I most support is SKE48. As far as fitting in? One thing I have learned from the 48-group fans is that they LOVE a defector. [hehe]

I have rarely seen anyone do that. Wearing a shirt of a graduated member? Sometimes I see that. But waving towels of support? So you are cheering for someone who isn't there? That would be quite odd. Better cheer loud! :p Most fans dress for the occasion. That means when I go to an HKT concert, I bring HKT gear. When I go see Momoclo I bring Momoclo gear. etc. etc.

I don't want to start a debate of what I feel an oshimen is, so I won't. I think the most important thing is to not feel pressure to have one. DD is not a bad word.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

I don't know how many people are into sports here... but it's almost like picking your favorite athletes.

Many professional athletes retire from their sport. In their place are younger athletes to fill in and then you start over deciding who will replace your "hero".

It's an endless cycle, replacing "your favorite player" because they are not playing the sport anymore. I still respect and admire the retired or graduated athletes for their accomplishment. But it's now time to support the younger one that mimic the image of your favorite graduated member.

I hoped that help... :^^;:

8. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Well, for my case..

as anyone would know, Mii-chan will be graduating any time soon...
    So, I already picked out girls who can be my new Kami-oshi which is really hard to do, especially when you have a very 'first love' thingy with your very first oshi like what the saying goes: "First love never dies."

at the very least, pick out from a ton of girls from different groups and research about them and who ever caught your heart, then she's the one...

9. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    my advice is change the favorite group with kami-oshi in another group. my first kami-oshi and always №1 is Mariko-sama, after her graduation my second kami-oshi was Ripopo (she recently graduated from the group), and my favorite group is still NMB. But now I begin to look closely to NGT. but if I look at my oshi-list all my favorite members are from SKE and AKB. but these changes in my preferences allow me to "maintain freshness" of my love to AKBG. and this is very important! if you not just "I LOVE ONLY MAYUU" for example, then you will not have big problems with this. about music... a little more complicated. BUT You may like Nogi music ( I love Nogi style and song but i don't watch any their TV Show), but love NMB more. Their TV show, great apearence, energy and etc.
    You understand me? =))))

Sorry for my engrish =)

10. Platinum

Platinum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I feel like you don't find an oshi, the oshi finds you. I got into AKB48 because I was watching Kamen Rider Double, which had Tomomi Kasai and Tomomi Itano in a supporting role. They lead me to AKB48, but when I really started getting into the group it was Mii-chan that grabbed my attention. I wasn't expecting that, but three years on Mii-chan is still my oshi. Not because I decided on anything but because once I saw her I couldn't just ignore her. It happened on its own. So don't stress out about it, you'll find someone else to support when you're ready.

11. Hydroyasai

Hydroyasai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitazawasaki
    It shouldn't be something you do deliberately. Like everyone's saying, your oshimen chooses you.
    (had I known that 2 years ago I would have had 10 months rather than 10 hours as a Yuurin oshi pre-grad announcement, but enough of my bad luck)

Maybe think back to how you chose your first oshimen.
    Or like, find a handful of members you're interested in, even better if they're friends, and follow them for a while. Eventually someone might stand out to you, or maybe not, and that's perfectly fine.
    The way the group is marketed somewhat caters to the whole "singular oshi" paradigm, but it doesn't have to be that way :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  12. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    lol, you don't have obligation to pick a new oshimen. After Minami grad, for example, eventhough I have 2 or 3 favorites/nioshi (Miichan, Kitarie comes to my mind), but I can't call/imagine them my oshimen coz I tbh don't feel them as my kamioshi no matter how hard I try. It's like there is no sense of emotion that urge me to buy ssk vote for them. Idk if it sounds weird, but thats what I feel. Never changed my oshimen either. maybe it's because I am not supporting this group, but I support this group only because Minami is/was here. (I did not force myself to pick an oshimen either, it's just Minami attracted me even without knowing what group akb is)

13. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    I agree with this. Just as an example, my first oshi Masuda Yuka left in late 2012 and until I found my interest in my current oshimen Anai Chihiro in late 2013, I was kind of stuck in limbo of respecting Yuuko (she was my 2-oshi, technically) and wanting to support Karen (3-oshi, perhaps). And even after I found Chihiro, it took me another year until I finally admitted that she had filled the gap in my heart that was created by Yuka's graduation. Sometimes you'd notice the girl who didn't even fall under your radar before your oshimen graduated, and that was what happened to me.

14. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I was always a Yuko oshi, and after she left, my interest in AKB dramatically decreased. Especially because they didn't appeal to me that much musically either, I haven't been feeling their latest singles at all. Yui was always my 2-oshi, but since the group I like the most musically has always been NMB, I started watching more of their performances, shows, PVs etc and I found out that I was very interested and entertained by Milky. Never a dull moment with her on camera! I absolutely loved it. And it just kind of organically happened, I started watching more Milky things and she made me smile and I started wanting to support her and root for her etc.

I don't think I will ever love an idol like I loved Yuko, but I really love Milky and support her wholeheartedly anyway. I'd say Yuko is my eternal kami oshi, but Milky is currently the girl I want to support the most in the 48G.

15. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    Don't do anything, she'll come to you one way or another. Let things happen organically and eventually you'll find a new oshimen.
    We all think we'll never love any member as much as we loved our first oshi, but as we say in my country "far from the eyes, far from the heart". We grow attached to new girls and if our former oshi is inactive in show business post grad, there's a good chance we'll forget her...

In a few words, don't do anything, don't worry about it, one day you'll find her and you'll know for sure. :chuffed:

16. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Well for me, it was a little under a year until I found a new oshimen after Acchans graduation. When she graduated I tried to follow Miichan and Yukirin as I did with Acchan but i just couldn't support them in the same way I did Acchan, so I became DD. Around UZA i found Sayanee dancing next to Yuko towards the end of the performance (the bit just before they do the scorpion move) and was like "who is this girl" had I bothered to watch the whole 2012 SSK, i would have known lol. I found out about NMB this way and followed the group as of Kitagawa Kenji's release, and officially became a NMB stan with Sayanee as my oshimen during Bokura no Eureka's release. So, it took a few months to find the girl who would become my oshimen, and a few more months to officially call her my oshimen.

Ricchan and Paruru were girls I had my eye on for a while and i found myself supporting them as much as i did with my original oshimen which was a good sign, so although i didn't officially declare either of them as my oshimen, i followed them both wholeheartedly. Unfortunately Ricchan graduated and since then Paruru has become my official AKB oshimen and that happened gradually after watching her with the group for so long, so I have Paruru as my AKB oshi and Sayanee as my NMB oshi. I vote for them the same amount in the election and support them both equally at the same level I did Acchan.

So I wouldn't say you have to pick a new oshimen immediately. Let it happen gradually. You could find a girl who is completely new to you (like i did with sayanee) or a girl who you already knew of could suddenly make you fall in love with her (like i did with paruru lol). Sometimes you follow a girl who later becomes your oshimen, and other times your oshimen chooses you.