Fujiyoshi Karin (Karin) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Members' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 4, 2018.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 2
  2. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

Congratulations karin for new drama. This is karin year .next year too.

https://twitter.com/Jiyorin_/status/1739178951518699797?t=xJGnPYcxu9Si7sX1ikCOFg&s=19
    20231225_204816.jpg

https://www.nhk.jp/g/blog/gp--nbbqoa/?cid=dchk-tw-dramas-231225-1540

after being casted in season 2 of ao haru ride Fujiyoshi Karin is casted in season 2 of GL drama she loves to cook and she loves to eat..... my girl will soon dominate the world just wait.
    https://twitter.com/katamiraiwo/status/1739171884153876747?t=u8pV2pzGC6cx-AUYqkL8OQ&s=1

https://twitter.com/sakuzakacentral/status/1739179111057367356?t=x4btmKHHi5YoIasdYppEeQ&s=19

Fujiyoshi Karin will be starring in NHK General drama "Tsukuritai Onna to Tabetai Onna" Season 2. She will be playing as Nagumo Sena, the new neighbour who has an eating disorder. The broadcast will start on Jan 29th, 2024 at 22:45 JST.

This is Karin's character in the manga
    IMG_20231225_225853.jpg

https://twitter.com/toomuchidea/status/1739187935403249907?t=quRJ4O4BTW_xWNbwlxdp7g&s=19

https://twitter.com/toomuchidea/status/1739464873732686069?t=Lsz7ZoxypsJT3oBqDLgSbw&s=19

https://twitter.com/karinzakaa/status/1739476026357330117?t=W0deXV3yo3FTxmrCFGytIA&s=19

Last edited: Dec 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Great news: two dramas starting in January. Tsukuritai may be a late-night short-episode drama, but it is on the main NHK network! As with Ao Haru Ride, this is season two.

A yuri romantic role.

Comment from Production Supervisor Otsuka Aki:
    I am so excited to announce this cast today. I first saw Fujiyoshi Karin, who plays Nagumo-san, in an MV. “What a sense of presence!” was the feeling nailed into my heart. And that feeling is still going strong as she gives a sense of presence playing Nagumo-san. She must have been born on some planet whose people make others become obsessed with them. Playing Nagumo-san, who has worries, she makes it impossible to tear your eyes away from her, to an extent I’ve never seen before.

Not a great translation, probably, but better than the machine translation online. Speaking as someone who is a bit obsessed with the beautiful alien, lol.

Publicity shot from her other January drama, Ao Haru Ride:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

https://twitter.com/The_FirstTake/status/1740372028463464563?t=i4D99mwZd_JITapWxvisWg&s=19
    ⠀ "FRIDAY"
    ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ 22:00

▶︎ TheFirstTake.lnk.to/YouTube

@sakurazaka46
    20231228_234406.jpg 20231228_234327.jpg 20231228_234326.jpg

https://twitter.com/toomuchidea/status/1740567031072866752?t=bPpmHAgGomO3n49j4nzEPQ&s=19
    20231229_152145.jpg
    https://twitter.com/toomuchidea/status/1740569791923126525?t=-EXb3NkBq0Wy7hbolXnt7A&s=19

Comment from Karin:

This was my first FIRST TAKE appearance, and I enjoyed the new sensation it gave me. I usually perform with everyone, so appearing solo made me wonder how it will turn out to be, but I think that I had fun with the band players

Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Gingko_Balboa

Gingko_Balboa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    山崎怜奈 - 石森 璃花 - 松田好花
    FINALLY! I have been waiting for this, since after Nogizaka and Hinatazaka got their First Take. Hope Sakurazaka will get at least another song after this.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Me too. I'd never expected to be Karin alone though.
    I can't wait for tomorrow

TFT image looks cool too
    0 Karin.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    It's just horrible :^^;::^^;::^^;:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @STS I disagree
    and it seems at least 20k other people who left likes disagree as well.

It's a really difficult song sang by only one girl instead of the original senbatsu and we can discuss the strength and weakness of Karin's voice if you want, or about mngmnt questionable decision to make her sing Start Over alone, but to me it seems she made the best she could in a very hard situation.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  10. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I would not have exposed Karin alone like this. I have never thought singing was her strong point. But conveying emotion and her natural self are strong points, after her beauty and graceful movement. I thought she did far better than I expected she could. She has clearly worked on her singing, with that voice I have seen described as "transparent".

That management decided to go ahead with this means to me that they intend to keep her prominent, and that's a good thing. And so are 1.1 million views and 36,000 likes. Whatever else she does or does not have, I think she has star quality.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Once again Karin killed Start Over on Kouhaku, I couldn't have been more happy
    Watching her expressiveness on stage is an amazing experience each time

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

A bit late, here are some Japanese comments on the YouTube of Karin's solo First Take performance of Start Over!
    • Her voice and the way she stands and her whole appearance are all so wonderfully evanescent-seeming.
    • It was the bassist's playing that won the day. I have listened again and again.
    • ...The intensity of the group performance, the delicacy of one voice. Thank you for showing us the charm of two sides of the same song.
    • Watching the MV I feel dark insanity and an atmosphere of danger. But I love the entirely different excellence of the acoustic version, with its feeling of sadness and deep regret for the past.
    • Karin-chan's singing in THE FIRST TAKE is a precious treasure. It makes me so happy.
    • I love the fact that it is so easy to hear the words! [I agree.]
    • I never imagined she would sing the song solo. Her voice is wonderful.
    • Ephemeral, delicate, serene: a voice delivered directly. She gives even short phrases a sense of presence. I think this is really quite unique. I thank her for carrying the group as centre and now for conveying to us solo the words of the song.
    • A strong but delicate voice. I want this to be on every streaming service.
    • Through the song, glimpses of happy expression and of sad expression peek through. Her expressions and her singing are full of feeling. I can never watch it enough.
    • When Karin first appeared on their weekly TV show, she was so nervous that tears came to her eyes. "I feel as if I'm about to cry," she said. It is wonderful that now she stands up boldly singing alone.
    • (Earphone publicity). Guitar, bass, and Karin-chan's heart-rending voice. Wonderful! [The Sony headphones were prominently shown.]
    • One after the other, the words pierce my heart! Truly, this year they have been supported by Start Over! ^_^
    • I love it passionately.
    • Amazingly fresh. I am so happy to hear Fujiyoshi Karin-san's voice this way.
    • Pierces the heart. Wonderful song and playing. And Karin-chan's singing, full of feeling. Wonderful! Thank you very much!
    • Her singing isn't really that skilful, but it was incredibly captivating: the quality of her voice and the look of her there singing. I watched it time after time, trying to see where that fascination came from.
    • This song is so hard to sing but she delivers! (in English)
    • A cute, clear, strong voice! Thanks to her for this work!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

A couple of photos from the beezy site via tmi and @dinbradpitt:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

A photo from the publicity for Karin's drama, Aohara Ride 2, which starts on Friday:

[​IMG]

Karin's character, Narumi Yui, was in love with a guy who moved away. Later, she moves and is in the same school, but he has a new girl friend. In the interview linked to by @dinbradpitt, Karin says she has read the script of season one, and read and loved the manga in high school. She says she always sympathized with Yui, and wished she could love so completely. But she herself is a more cool and distant person.

In the interview, she mentions that one of the things she loved about 2023, besides the time in Paris (where she bought a dress in a second-hand clothing shop), was being able to help design the display of the photos in the group's Roppongi museum exhibition.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  17. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

18. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I saw this pic making the twitter rounds. Very un-Karin-like gaze, if you ask me.
    It's like Karin saying something like "Yeah, I'm next to beautiful Honosu. Eat your heart out!" OR "You better oshi us, or else." :^^;:
    KarinHono.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

One of Karin's dramas is available online on Viki: Ao Haru Ride 2. You have to create a free account but I've been able to see at least the first two eps (with subs). I was a little disappointed in her first scenes, but then I realized the slight awkwardness may have been intentional, as she came through with some strong emotion toward the end of ep1 and onward. Interesting character.

The other drama, Tsukuritai Onna to Tabetai Onna is on NHK and I haven't found it available. There are some great stills on these pages showing her visual acting, and here is a shot of her with the actresses who are (I believe) the two stars:

[​IMG]

There's some of her acting in this promo. And here. And here. Her acting is visually strong:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Gingko_Balboa

Gingko_Balboa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    山崎怜奈 - 石森 璃花 - 松田好花
    So next acting job, Honto ni atta kowai hanashi SP [hehe].

• Like Like x 1