[Game Over] S48 Mafia X: Lustrum

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by AikyiTaizne, Mar 21, 2011.

1. kirakirahanabi

kirakirahanabi Kenkyuusei

^If you didn't, I probably would have taken out blessed the next night... :fp:

2. sola0713

sola0713 Kenkyuusei

That was such a confusing game :panic: But it was really awesome.
    Thanks aakun and AT for putting together such an epic game.

I still don't get SR and Tyzer's abilities though...
    So CK could've killed everyone? O__O

3. polyrhythm

polyrhythm Kenkyuusei

Am also interested to know this.

I want to see blessed's PM. Seriously @___@ so many abilities

4. issa

issa Kenkyuusei

I think I died because both the mafia and love-san tried to kill me during the same night? XD I guess.

5. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

^You died because Akicha is a sniper and she bypasses protection. The only things that could stop her was if you used an item to protect yourself, if nyan used a detailed protection on you (designed to stop sniper kills) or if you were revived immediately after by DSQ

The role PMs will be posted soon.

6. DSQ

DSQ Kenkyuusei

Ah i'm sorry! I guess i'm just unlucky...

7. Meroron♥

Meroron♥ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ogumatsugumi
    blesseddisgrace

you

are

EPIC

as well as AT and aakun, ofc

that was one of the most epic wins I've seen [shock]

still kinda disappointed that I died before going on a killing spree. I HAVE NO LUCK AS A SERIAL KILLER.

KIRA, YOU MEANIE :tongue:

8. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

Lustrum PMs Part 1: Individual Saviours (+ Miyu and Sayaka)

MaxtheMan (Takeuchi Miyu)
    the item was a nexus-item that was going to be activated if max was targeted for a kill. this was later removed when we included sayaka but yeah i forgot to remove it from the pm :fear:

55Cyanides (Yamamoto Sayaka)
    After Finding Miyu (Actual Role):

Rin (Minegishi Minami)

Yokoyama Yui (ra-nyan)

DSQ (Erena)

Decreez (Sado)

Tyzer (Nacchantree)

Gobolino (Fujie Reina)

- Detailed Protection also eliminated and saved people from Dream Hacks. i dunno if nyan ever realized that.

- Tyzer asked about the always innocent thing, well... thats the "secondary efffect" of the tree mode. all the players that target you the night you used tree mode would appear as innocent to you if you investigated them later on (this happened with sola when you got an innoncent result with him when it was obvious he was mafia)

- eeh and Tyzer wasnt unkillable nor unlynchable. he had that ability to protect himself from kills but he wasnt indestructible as some thought. and he could vote btw. tyzer never voted so maybe he thought he coundnt xd

9. Kanki

Kanki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    imnikky
    I just noticed. RIN. HOW DAAARE YOU MAKE MY OSHI KILL ME >=O

10. polyrhythm

polyrhythm Kenkyuusei

Thinking about this....had the bomber been someone living in a different timezone, it would have been impossible to win. Like Flashbang and Thor's Hammer would have been too late. Not saying that the game wasn't fair or anything, it's kind of unavoidable. Just putting into perspective how timezones affect the game.

Also....fml....was looking forward to using my ability like later in the game when the revelations came but I died too early. :< In fact even a mafia managed to grab my ability and put it to better use :fp:

11. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

Lustrum PMs Part 2: Happy Friends

Naomi (Katayama Haruka)

RSL (Kikuchi Ayaka)

gideon123 (Uchida Mayumi) <3

Silver Rain (Oku Manami)

- all new roles <3

- i came up with nami's ability really out of the blue lol. but it was really cool. too bad she didnt have time to activate the unmei no ito though =(

- RSL role is the coolest thing ever xd. and thankfully everything was used!. he was blocked the night he used acchan though. but it wasnt that terrible actually lol. the acchan ability was going to do.. nothing lol. just mark the character since in the writeup the scene was going to be something like

"HAI. MAEDA ATSUKO DESU" -"...." -"..is that all?" -"yup." -"...ok. i'll be going then.." lol

oh yeah and if you didnt figure out with the writeups: jurina = kill / yukirin = dream kill / nacchi = rolebock / yui = commute / acchan = nothing / nyan = investigate

- giddy's cool and complicated ability =(. (terry came up with it, not my fault xd) if the player was out of coins, ucchi was going to kill him/her.

- the upgrade/downgrade effects were all different depending on the players he targeted. i'll try to make a list later on.

12. Rin

Rin Kenkyuusei

It couldn't be helped Kanki since you were a threat. XD At least you didn't kill your oshi like blessed did :hehe:

13. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

you know, during the last part of the game we talked a lot about that with terry. the day phases needing only 4 (or even less x.x) votes for a lynch can not even give the anti-town a chance to defend himself since a lynch with only 4 votes can end in an instant. now with the store in this game the player wasn't as doomed as before if he was discovered so i always thought that player also needed a chance. but at the same time, its not fair to the pro-town players that if they can lynch the player in that moment they have to wait. (to possible lose later on, even less fair)

after a lot of thinking about the issue i came to the conclusion that we can't really do anything about it. being in the forum at the correct time or not... well this is another luck factor of the game. and this is a game after all, and luck is always one of the most important things when playing a game. the fairest thing we can do is to start the day phases as soon as everything is ready, and this is what we always try to do.

the only thing i think we could change is to give the day phases a minimum of duration time (maybe 12 hours), and somehow organize it so everyone has a chance to do something. in this game these problems happened just and mostly due to the store, and i doubt its going to used for other games (we might bring it back for Kigndom II though, at least not for Kinjifure. (we have something different planed for lemon-chan in the next game :hehe: ))

not really lol.

and you did pretty well with your ability. i thought that all the post you selected were really good! but i'll leave that for the players analysis later on.

14. ra-nyan

ra-nyan Kenkyuusei

I know that detailed protection would cure dream hacks since the pills were expensive that's why I asked whoever sayaka was to leave a hint and He did (the whole "sweet dreams" thing XD). I dunno if I was sane when I sent the PM but I wrote Rin's name instead of Cy for some reason :fp: and as for myself, well I dunno if I was allowed to detailed protect myself. I should've at least tried xd

15. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

D: only 4 minutes.

I'm sorry guys.

16. Tyzer

Tyzer Member

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    Oh so that's why I got innocent XD
    and I could vote, well I guess it would of been better if I didn't or else I would be suspicious...I think XD

17. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

She sent the PM about a second before RSL posted too so =X

18. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

Oh well then. :/

It was fun though I didn't pay attention to what was going on half the time. :p

19. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

Lustrum PMs Part 3: Kingom

issa (Hiramatsu Kanako)

poly (Kitahara Rie)

Cristafari (Shimada Haruka)

MecchaMelon (Maeda Atsuko)

- here we have a role taken from Mafia 2 (naomi's role), 2 new roles and a modificated one. lie detector was such a powerful role. so we had to reduce it to just 1 post per day to make it balanced. then acchan's role was specifically made for this game with the coin system. it wasn't exactly used as i hoped to, but meccha did a good wrok with it anyway. (like finding kingom, i never realized the coins stealing was going to help them that much. and actually, kingom wasnt supposed to find each other at all. only happy friends had something specially made to find each other. but well, things ended up going in the contrary way lol)

- kingom had a lot of ways to gain new coins. this was becuase one of the things we wanted to do is to make kingom and happy friends kill each other later on the game. but it was pretty much impossible since happy friends died really fast =(

mafia coming next.

20. Decreez

Decreez Kenkyuusei

A very... intricate game I guess :p

Can't say I really enjoyed the game since I was killed in the first night but anyway...
    Congrats to blessed !!! Ah zannen sada, beaten by 4 minutes :XD:

Guess it's time to wait for the new game [hehe]