[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Valdore

Valdore Kenkyuusei

It depends how much people still care or remember about the Maho incident. I'm not in Japan, but on news sites there isn't much of anything on news recently, except of course Bunshun/Sponichi but I wouldn't consider that news. Personally, if it was a 50/50 chance of them appearing, I feel it would more likely be 40% chance appearing.

2. welp

welp Next Girls

Is it? My opinion is it depends if the producer thinks AKB can draw viewership, if the group can drive a good amount of persons to watch the show. I remember BTS made big buzz in Japan with an atomic bomb t-shirt yet, the group was reported a Kouhaku performer few weeks later. Maho scandal didn't even involve a single AKB's member.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    They were invited to every show on every TV station during Sustainable's promo period. And it wasn't in a dark corner like NGT's concert at TIF, they were one of the main artists of those shows, taking part of all talking bits. And yes, that includes NHK.
    If AKB48 SHOW!, AKBINGO!, ANN and so on were cancelled it had nothing to do with Mahohon. No one really gives a damn and I'm sure those stations do a lot worse backstage. It looks to me that AKS had to cut budget because that adorable little woman that was supposed to save them hasn't done anything worthy. Can NHK use their current situation as an excuse to get rid of an idol act? Who knows. Kouhaku is for old people sitting at home during New Year's Eve anyway.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

I still think Akb48 will get ticket for kouhaku they are still the biggest Idol group after all.

About the center i think the best option is WCenter YuuNaa and Yuiyui solo center will be a really good move in my opinion. I don't think Akb48 need to push another center anymore, and if the center is from another group it just won't feel right. That doesn't mean i decline Akb48 single with SG center i actually want Mikurin,chiho, or even Jurina to be center.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Wasn't their appearance at Kouhaku last year announced really late?

6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    From what I know the artists are selected by a comitee of professionals from the music industry and from the NHK. the selection criterias are popularity and the adaptability to the show.
    With so many artists invited, so many different music genres, the ratings are the least of a problem.

7. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I think pushing a new fresh girl (16th gen/D3) as center for next single is a bad idea after the Moeka thing, though I do want more of them to be included in the senbatsu (Zukkii, Mahopyon, maybe Naamin?). Let them be senbatsu members for a while, and maybe after several singles if they seem serious and their sales are good they can make them center. But right now I think it's better to put one (or more) of the more established girls as center.

As for sister group members, even though I'm Jurina oshi I don't really want her or any other sister group members as AKB center, but I do want them in senbatsu. They can center in their own groups. And I'm really hoping Chiho gets to center a STU single soon, her sales are much better than Yumirin's and yet Yumirin keeps being pushed as the one and only center of anything. Hasn't 48 management learned yet that putting everything on one person is a bad idea? Splitting it among several members is much better. As much as I dislike most of NGT's management choices (regarding Mahohon) having a different center every time was a good idea and I wish the other groups did it too, specially in the early days when there is not a clear popularity hierarchy yet.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    All the traditions aren't over

if the video does not show watch the video here
    The rest is on eizo center.
    /miss Hirari

• Like Like x 5
  9. yumesuki

yumesuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    Too bad you could not come. For me is different because since Suuchan left I fell in love with Chori too. I was amazed to learn later that both of them have stayed in Izurina home. World is so small. When her name was announced in this crew, I HAD to get tickets no matter how. Everything was sold out and queues at the ticket office were impressive.

These girls were so nice, and very close, see:

• Like Like x 6
  10. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

I agree with you.Zukki is the best HS seller in 16th gen right now(?) So i think she really deserve that Senbatsu spot.

In the previous STU single Yumirin still a center because chiho popularity hasn't recognize yet, so i think the next single she will be the center but im open for WCenter too.

And i want Rika Hime to come back for Snebatsu please. We need self centered girl in Akb48 frontline.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. yumesuki

yumesuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    Bercelona 2019-11-02. Songs

• Like Like x 7
  12. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    It's been discussed before, Chiho's handshake sales are definitely not much better if any better at all. Somebody here has already explained the difference between gimmick handshake slot and non gimmick. The gimmick slot which Chiho have are much easier to sold out. And looking at the last STU handshake sales, they're about on par.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I think because of the scandal AKB management is afraid to put any "problematic" NGT girls into AKB senbatsu. So they put Hinata because she is the least problematic among the popular NGT members. Rika isn't associated with the Mahohon scandal per se but her reputation is not clean enough due to her other scandals, so management wants to play it safe.

I was at STU's national HS last month and Chiho seemed more popular. No gimmicks there.

• Like Like x 3
  14. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  15. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

I will have to contribute videos of the Barcelona manga lounge .:)

Dance practices ;)

If you didn't realize in the last video here you have Chori's greeting ;) she killed me. :inlove:

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    Well yeah, that's why they're on par sales wise. Unlike on AKB's handshake

17. welp

welp Next Girls

Biggest in what, the size only? Popularity wise, Nogi>Perfume>>>the rest. Also, how was rating during AKB's performance last year? That's surely a key factor.

I'm dumbfounded that no one talked about the song. Shouldn't the center befit with the vibe of the song?

18. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    lol. Might be true in certain sectors. But is it true for Kouhaku's target audience?

https://tvisioninsights.co.jp/whitepaper/2019/2638/
    2nd highest rated act of the entire show.

Yes, but Jabaja was a thing, so...

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

Yup the size. I mean they are the most controversial group in japan, and i don't think they will not include them in Kouhaku

20. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    If Kouhaku's invitation process was mainly about ratings, it would be well known.

In other news, AKB48 shinbun is organising a fan grand prix and new heroine award. The voting ballots were in the november issue.
    The results will be anounced tomorrow around 7pm JST
    https://twitter.com/48timesJP/status/1190645878731599872