[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    PD48 wasn't a mistake it's just that management didn't capitalize in the moment when the show was big. They should've tried doing at least a mini meet and greet after the show ended if they want to have some kind of influence in Korea. I guess the management just didn't have/didn't really want to promote outside Japan.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    tbh ... I think that the AKB48 concept of 'Idols you can meet' is completely at odds with the K-pop concept of 'Idols that are perfect', so the idea that you would have a crossover of fans is kinda far fetched, unless they thought that maybe the Korean audiences where getting a bit tired of it all and were ready for the 'girl next door' concept.
    But to do that by letting your members compete in a show purely about being perfect and flawless, isn't really going to help in that case.

I don't think there was even a strategy to promote AKB in Korea, there was just a strategy to promote a new group that apart from some of the members had not really anything in common with AKB

Let's face it ... the thing you mostly hear from K-Pop fans is that their groups are just perfect, godlike even.
    They dance so flawless, they sing so good and they all are so pretty and J-Pop groups are amateurs compared to them, who can't sing and can't dance and aren't all that pretty.
    Read the comments on the Mama in Japan 2017 show it's basically that ... with people countering that AKB's costumes are awesome and they seemed to have so much more fun.

My point is, different concepts, Produce48 wasn't a valid vehicle to 'launch' AKB in Korea, it was a vehicle to launch Izone, there was nothing much there to promote AKB with, unless they would have pulled the top members back into AKB and used those, but that would have meant changing AKB to pander to the taste of the new market and probably abandoning/estranging their existing fanbase.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Rather than using produce48, it is mnet that is using AKS to promote produce based group not only in Korea, but also in Japan.

4. Shoka

Shoka Kenkyuusei

Indeed, PD48 wasn't necessarily about AKB, perhaps it was a side effect but an opportunity did present itself that AKS did not capitalize on at all. And also let's forget about the foreign market. I think what was important was riding on the huge hallyu wave in Japan at the time, that brought a lot of young fans.

Saepii capitalized on it. AKS was wishywashy and let a lot of fans slip away. Honestly I was facepalming hard when I saw them promoting Tintlip to a venue full of old men.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Don't forget that 48 groups economic relies a lot on handshakes, and that the NGT48 scandal broke it really hard. There were some momentums until the spring festival, then as soon as Sasshi's graduation concert was over, everything went downhill.
    Also, gathering tons of fans from oversea is one thing, but if those customers only follow and don't really open their wallet, they have little influence.
    Remember Akimoto Sayaka ? So much loved oversea, yet not extremly in the sunlights.
    If HS sales improve little, I'm afraid the management doesn't have many reason to promote a girl.

HS is one of the reason the management put a lot of efforts on Moeka. And with that in mind, they can't really be blamed if the girls metionned above aren't as much pushed as you think they should.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    ^ the unfortunate truth. At end of the day, still better off trying to learn and improve my Japanese
    Its a niche interest in the grand scheme of the world
    No point pretending to be something that it isn't
    It doesn't change what it means to oshi and its a different experience to be a K-pop fan (being one in the past)

7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    And i will also add that a good part of the effort has to come from the girls themselves.
    It is that way since the very beginning.

8. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    「突撃!隣のエイトちゃん」♯1

if the video does not show watch the video here

「突撃!隣りのエイトちゃん」#2

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    Another live stream

10. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12581427300.html
    https://twitter.com/AKB48_staff/status/1237678154950434816

they will be streaming Team stages on multiple platforms from 12th to 15th March (including YT and Line)
    starting with Team B's "Theatre no Megami" at 1830 JST tomorrow evening

see you guys and gals at the YT stream! :banana:
    https://m.youtube.com/user/AKB48

=========

Schedule:

Iwatate Team B "Theatre no Megami" on 12/3 at 1830 JST
    Komiyama Team K "Reset" on 13/3 at 1830 JST
    Murayama Team 4 "Te wo Tsunaginagara" on 14/3 at 1730 JST
    Okabe Team A "Mokugekisha" on 15/3 at 1400 JST

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    Team 4 will be at 17:30 JST 14/03
    Team A will be at 14:00 JST 15/03

Paticipating members:
    Team A:
    Okabe Rin, Oguri Yui, Shitao Miu, Shinizaki Ayana, Suzuki Kurumi, Taguchi Manaka, Chiba Erii, Nishhikawa Rei, Meada Ayaka, Miyazaki Miho, Muckaichi Mion, Yokoyama Yui, Yamane Suzuha, Yoshida Karen, Ishiwata Sena
    Team K: Ichikawa Manami, Okasa Rina, Oda Erina, Kuranoo Narumi, Kobayashi Ran, Komiyama Haruka, Shimoguchi Hinana, Nagatomo Ayami, Hidaritomo Ayaka, Muto Orin, Mogi Shinobu, Yasuda Kana, Yamada Kyoka, Yumoto Ami, Yokoyama Yui (8), Nagano Megumi
    Team B: Iwatate Saho, Omori Maho, Oya Shizuka, Okuhara Hinako, Kiwahara Misaki, Kitazawa Saki, Kubo Satone, Sasaki Yukari, Shimizu Maria, Takita Kayoko, Taniguchi Megu, Nakanishi Chiyori, Hattori Yuna, Fukuoka Seina, Yamabe Ayu, Yoshikawa Nanase
    Team 4: Asai Nanami, Onishi Momoka, Omori Miyu, Okada Nana, Kawamoto Saya, Gyoten Yurina, Kurosu Haruka, Sakaguchi Nagisa, Sato Kiara, Takahashi Ayane, Tada Kyoka, Nagano Serika, Hama Sayuna, Hiranl Hikaru, Murayama Yuiri, Yamauchi Mizuki

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  13. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    So they are displayed everywhere.

Edit for under:
    actually they only bring those out for the draft ceremonies, nothing else.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  15. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    if it isn't, why have they been in use since a long long time? ;)
    Here you can see (not very good, but still) them in use in 2013

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  16. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Also, shuffles. And occasionally at things like concerts. Oh, and the Sports Fests. ;)

17. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    So for the most part where it's team vs. team or where it's important to stress the identity of the team.
    (and I've seen the logo used in the Team concerts on screen as well btw)

18. metallion

metallion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    Watching the live stream and it's just so weird to not hear any audience participation at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Honestly, the audience participation during concerts is about 25% of the experience for me ... nothing beats the energy emanating from all those fans with their lightsticks, flags and chants
    (and their almost flawless coordination)

• Like Like x 1
  20. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    I saw the YT and LINE livestreams had together more than 20k concurrent viewers for pretty much the whole 2 hours. I wonder what are the usual DMM numbers.

• Like Like x 1