[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    Well, I'm not saying the theater don't need maintenance (can only see what is seen on videos form members or staff and some zones really need it) but change the location of theater will be, in my opinion, too drastical. And for the cabinets, well, that's why 17ki and 18ki are there, and more that are to come

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The pillars looked very mouldy in pictures of the 17th Anniversary when Miion was adding the latest pink tape. I agree that the theater is iconic but if it needs work doing on it and it makes economic sense to move it then I think DH will do that. However perhaps maybe such a move (to Harajuku or wherever) might be temporary while the theater in Akihabara gets a thoroughly modern makeover.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

That could make sense. Something like HKT did.
    But... I wonder if they care enough about the Don Quixote theatre to refurbish anything. They had the whole pandemic to stop performances and do whatever work was needed (when lockdowns weren't in place, obviously) and... they didn't.

Ohwell, kinda excited for whatever this is. Hopefully it's a new single. They can't release a random ass song every 8 months and expect the public to remember them.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    To me, the following three scenarios are the most likely (in that order):

1. teaser for Out Of 48 (cyclist is getting away from akihabara, maybe it's a rival group that's being established in harajuku instead)
    2. theatre is being moved to harajuka, temporary or not (based on some posts above maybe a full-on move would be best though)
    3. something similar to sousenkyo is making a return, I also got this impression from the "who's the most popular?" bit

• Like Like x 3
  5. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I think as long as they retire the old theater properly, with due respect for its history, then a move would ultimately be a good thing. Not sure about a move to Harajuku though lol, the group is named after Akihabara after all.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    But that's the point of rebrading, if that's what they're planning. And there's also another thing: DH has been trying to appeal to a younger and more female fanbase. Isn't that Harajuku? It's going to be funny seeing Harajuku filled with bald men in their 50s.

Now, where in Harajuku?
    They're probably not moving to Harajaku, they just filmed from a street where you could see Universal's building. That's how the teaser ends, with the building as their final destination.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. IkemenSteelD

IkemenSteelD Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Nice catch about the office of Universal Music Japan. IZ*ONE were signed with Universal when they promoted in Japan (Universal won the bidding war for their contract), so it could be they're also invested in Out Of 48, not just DH, NTV, and Blowout Inc.

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Changing the label was my first thought

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Perhaps they will create a new group with a new theater (for example, HJK48) and transfer some or all gitls from AKB48? :awesome:

Many years ago, I wanted all the members from AKB48 to be transferred to a new group. And in AKB48 itself, put the top members of all 48G in the position of kenin. AKB48 aka Kennin48. This would be equitably for all AKB48 and sister groups. Eh, my seishun! :blush:

10. welp

welp Next Girls

The theater indisputably needs renovation if not relocation. But, to Harajuku? Will not the rent fee skyrocket? And, does Harajuku have the space to fit a new performance theater of 500+ seats in? (The back stage space and the height of the ceiling must be calculated too.)

On the Out of 48 theory, that show seemed to hit members from the hindsight while this teaser was in members' knowledges. I don't think they relate, not closely at least. Neither any member has responded negatively. (?)

May the group move from King to Universal but, is that something to make a scene over? It's gonna be a huge impact if the management company changed but, distributor? If the management company actually is changing, is that something to tease through a cryptic youtube video instead of formal press release?

The comeback of election seems more likely but, is that still practical now that sister groups have been sold off?

On the thumbnail of 022721 is a girl in crimson costume, isn't it? Have AKB girls worn crimson costume with short un-pleated skirt/apron and black ribbon and lace down the long sleeve? Is not that a new uniform? A new single?

Anyway, the cryptic teaser is fun and increases fans' engagement, which in turn increase loyalty. A very nice marketing skit. Good to see something creative and non-dated from this aged group.

You cannot be Japan's resident and not remembering AKB48. The problem lies else where, whether those knowing AKB48 keeping tab with AKB48's activities and even want to attend one.

• Like Like x 1
  11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    The Don Quijote theater is built in a former office space. It's low celling is never a problem. though a rejuvenation is overdue, SKE48 did it, HKT48 performed in temporary venues for years. So why not ?
    IMO, there's too much work in this teaser for a label change or theater relocation.

Keep in mind that sister groups were included because at the time they were all under the wings of the same company. So it made sense they took part of the event.
    Organisation / venue should not be a big deal either. The very 1st one was held in a fairly small venue.

More simple, it's to anonymize the rider.
    It can also be whoever from the staff (much less risks of being recognized).

12. rmn89

rmn89 Member

i think its just the official announcement of 0048 and explaining on how the show its going to be. Shibuya and Harajuku might be just a metaphor for the direction they are going for. shibuya=“more mainstream” . harajuku= “but still having the iconic j-pop style”. we all know Akihabara is identic with “anime and gadget” district, which isnt bad, but have a very specific target audiences . i supposed its just their message that they are trying to appeal to more audiences in this upcoming project. but i could be wrong ofc. and excited to see what is it later today! .

i think it would be a great plot twist if the “official new rival of nogizaka46” which was announced frw weeks ago turned out to have something to do with oo48

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
  13. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    61st single on 4/26 (PnR jumped the gun!):
    https://popnroll.tv/articles/31440

Yukinee and Sorara included in senbatsu from 17ki. Hiichan center. Transfer to Universal.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. clafelallerizu

clafelallerizu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    lol its new single after all plus Universal huh?
    i guess its nice

15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The teaser had nothing to do with this video????

I mean, I guess Hiichan is the most popular member (behind Yukirin?) but bfffff boring!

• Like Like x 1
  16. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Good! At least we will have new songs and new faces in sembatsu :flower:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    so, who're the Senbatsu members for the 61st?

18. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Universal building.

Every Manaka, Saho, Naamin, Shitao, Nagi, Megu and Eriko fan right now: "Why should I buy 30-40 slots of this single?"

• Agree Agree x 7
  19. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

I believe Hiichan is even more popular than Yukirin nowadays, but Yukirin is still the most famous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Next STU48 will move to Universal? Interesting trend :wtf: