[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    It does start today March 18 at 12PM JST!
    Azu's interview is the first one to be revealed!
    https://wpb.shueisha.co.jp/news/entertainment/2024/03/18/122587/
    more on her thread :
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/yagi-azuki-azu.24412/page-3#post-1822947

===================
    Overall the surprise announcements from the spring concerts were:
    • 655d82e4-s.jpg
      19th generation KKS reveal link1 link2
    • lnomEhzuyRpAx9gh.jpg
      Gyoten Yurina, Kurosu Haruka and Yamane Suzuha will be transferring to KLP48 as 1st gen members effective June 1, 2024 link link2
    • 3f04c0cc-s.jpg
      17th generation KKS promoted to regular members
    • Ano Natsu no Bouhatei will get its official MV :1st: link
    • b49ef983.jpg e648ec3a-s.jpg
      17th, 18th and 19th gen members will have Live Tour around Japan, titled "AKB48 17th gen Promotion Commemoration LIVE! New member greetings ~ We are AKB48 ~"(translated) link
    • GI41xStbUAAGoYE.jpg
      TV Tokyo drama adaptation of [Stardust Telepath] in July of which AKB members will audition for the roles. link
    • ee152a18-s.jpg
      AKB48 Theater Renovation from Sep 2 - Dec 7 link
    • 13fae90c-s.jpg
      While the renovation is ongoing, members will do Live Tour around Japan (separate from the other tour mentioned above)
    • f7549a71-s.jpg
      The delayed Aki-P's Original Stage will debut on the 19th Anniversary (Dec 8, 2024)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Unsold Spring Concert merch (badges, figures and shirts) is now available via a Mobagacha lottery:
    https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12844915412.html

TMU4TAohbIP9SDJV3vLgcAPZF7sECkajOLyu1qMr.jpeg

To take part, go to https://mobagacha.com/lp/lineup/2036, create an account (using a Japanese forwarding address, there's a shipping charge of 900 JPY per order) and buy the required number of tickets at 1,000 JPY each (my UK credit card was accepted). I bought 2 tickets and I won a can badge of Aichan and an acrylic figure of Yumemi. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Somehow AKB got collab with government projects?o_O
    Posted on Japan's Cabinet Office Youtube channel?? :blink:
    Didn't see these announced anywhere yet though.

Episode 1 - Mahopyon and Aichan learning about Clean Energy from Ammonia! with IHI Corporation.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Episode 2 - Sorara and Eriko learn about efforts to protect the public from disasters! with the National Disaster Prevention Research Institute.

=========================
    Conversely, an internal show from Eizo:
    AKB One-Up Gakuen 2nd season!

Ayamin (MC), Orin, Mayuu, Mahopyon and Yumemin learn about saving money and investment, with Keigo Sasa as guest instructor.
    Very funny especially Mahopyon's habit of only living in the present :lol:
    First episode is free, subsequent ones will be in Eizo.

• Like Like x 5
  4. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I thought I had seen a post about this, but can't find it.

Stardust Telepath Manga Gets Live-Action TV Drama Starring AKB48 Members

filters_quality(95)format(webp).jpeg

A live-action TV drama adaptation of Rasuko Okuma's yuri sci-fl manga Stardust Telepath is set to premiere on TV Tokyo's "Darama Tues!" programming block on June 25, 2024.

"The I never thought that 'Stardust Telepath' would be made into a TV drama...I am probably the most surprised," said the original manga author, Okuma. "At the same time, I am extremely happy beyond words. I hope I can convey this feeling with 'Odeko-Pathy'! Whether you are a fan of the original manga or a newcomer to the series, I hope you will enjoy 'Stardust Telepath' as it takes a step onto a new stage."

The main cast of the drama are played by members of the Japanese girl idol group AKB48, who were chosen through audition.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/news/la...s-live-action-tv-drama-starring-akb48-members

• Like Like x 4
  5. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    • Like Like x 6
  6. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Edit: Watched episode 1 of Hoshizuku Telepath; main character konohoshi could easily be played by kubo hinano, she already has the hairstyle, but the mannerisms are clearly Kokko-chan or nozomi. I haven't watched any anime in past 2 years but this has a cute story and potential for some interesting twists.

It was announced during night concert. I was looking for a post about it too. Thanks for linking the announcement. Guess I’ll have to fire up my crunchyroll account before the finalists are announced

Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
  7. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Tne next edition of 'Hashira Night! with AKB48' on Bay FM on 3/24 will be a 15th Gen special edition:
    https://twitter.com/Akb48Night/status/1769390295391830303

It'll be Miion's last show as the main host and her guests will be Komi, Megu and Seichan. The name of her successor will be announced.

• Like Like x 1
  8. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 4
  9. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The name of Miion's successor has been announced, it'll be Zukkii:
    https://twitter.com/Akb48Night/status/1771913624552095821

However on the 4th week of each month there'll be a recorded show hosted by YuiYui:
    https://twitter.com/Akb48Night/status/1771914057635016794

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Article stuff:

Encount.press interviewed Hotechan, Yukinee and Sorara about AKB48's recent "Rejuvenation" with the new gens!
    https://encount.press/archives/598945/
    Translation assisted by ChatGPT (tell me if there is any error) :

[​IMG]

The new generations from the 17th to 19th gens total 23 members... Rapid Developments Including Theater Renewal

The idol group "AKB48" is striving for a transformation through "rejuvenation." The key to this lies in the "Kenkyuusei" (trainees) group. Recently, it was decided that all 10 members of the 17th generation, who joined in May 2022, will be promoted to regular members. Although the group is experiencing an unprecedented graduation rush, which might seem like a crisis at first glance, behind the scenes, the trainees who will shape the future are steadily growing. With the addition of the 19th generation trainees, the new generations from the 17th to 19th generations now make up about half of the entire group. Amidst the harsh conditions of the idol industry, as AKB48 celebrated its 18th anniversary in December last year, youth serves as the driving force for a "rise from below." We spoke with three core members of the 17th generation, Hirata Yuki, Hotei Moka, and Yamazaki Sora, about their determination for the future. (Report and text by Tomoya Yoshihara)

"I think AKB48 is amazing right now. I want everyone to think so too, so I'll do my best," said Hotei, with a firm expression on her face.

The 17th generation, consisting of members aged 16 to 20, is a new generation of members who joined approximately five years after the 16th generation audition. In addition to Hirata, Hotei, and Yamazaki, the group includes Sato Airi, Mizushima Miyuu, Hashimoto Eriko, Masai Mayuu, Ota Yuki, Hatakeyama Nozomi, and Kohama Kokone. They have learned the basics of singing and dancing, accumulated experience through theater performances, and appeared on television programs and streaming content. Some members, such as Hirata, Yamazaki, and Sato, have already achieved the milestone of being selected for the title track of a single during their trainee days.

Their leaps continue, and they have successfully taken on a significant challenge in the world of acting. The drama "Midnight Final Approach" (broadcasted on Yamanashi Broadcasting and distributed on TVer) featuring all members of the 17th generation has been aired. The story follows the protagonist, a female university student idol played by Hirata, who wonders whether to graduate or not but decides her future after experiencing various special moments at the airport. Yamazaki plays the protagonist's childhood friend, and Hotei plays the role of an airport ground staff member with fervor.

A large-scale shoot was conducted at the airport late at night. For Hirata, who played a pivotal role, it was her first experience in serious acting. "I'm not good at expressing emotions, but I received a lot of instructions from the director and approached acting in my own way. It was a learning experience not only for singing and dancing but also for expressing emotions through facial expressions. Looking back, I feel like I was able to express myself more than I thought," she said confidently.

Yamazaki has experience shooting AKB48 dramas twice before. "I often played mysterious roles like the culprit or the quiet girl in the past (laughs), but this time, I was able to play a more realistic character. Since I value 'expressiveness,' I was able to learn from and apply what I learned from the drama experience," she said with a smile. Hotei, who made her drama debut, received direct guidance from active ANA staff members who supervised the drama. "There were a lot of long lines, so I was desperate not to make mistakes. The ANA staff taught me about language usage and the correct posture. It was all very helpful, like how to stand with your left hand in front and your right foot behind," she said. She intends to apply the gestures she learned from hospitality professionals to her stage performances.

On the other hand, the group has seen significant changes in recent years. Since 2023, a wave of graduations has continued. This includes prominent figures like Kashiwagi Yuki, who joined as a third generation member at the age of 15 in 2007, with the number of graduates reaching 44.

Concerns about the group's future have been raised, with "XXth graduation" often topping online news. However, when the member composition is examined closely, a solid foundation is apparent.

AKB48 announced the promotion of the 17th generation at a concert on March 17. Additionally, eight 18th generation trainees are waiting in the wings, and it was recently announced that five 19th generation trainees, with an average age of 17 and the youngest being 13, will also join. Currently, there are 51 members in total (including members before graduation performances and those transferring to the sister group "KLP48" in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia). The combined force of the 17th to 19th generations totals 23 members, effectively representing half of the group. The management has systematically trained the trainees with a long-term perspective, and further competition among existing regular members and trainees is likely to enhance the group's overall strength.

The admiration for Kashiwagi Yuki serves as a significant inspiration.

The promotion still "hasn't sunk in yet," say the three members in unison. Amidst this, the increasing number of juniors has led to a growing sense of awareness. Yamazaki reflects, "Until now, I've been somewhat reliant on watching the seniors' actions. With more and more juniors joining, we need to take the lead. That feeling has become stronger. However, both in terms of performance skills and personal growth, each member of the 17th generation still has room to grow, so I want to work hard to develop further," she modestly expresses.

The existence of legends has been a great source of inspiration for their leap forward. Two years ago, at the unveiling event for the 17th generation audition passers, Kashiwagi attended. At this March's concert, she gently watched over the performances of the 17th generation. It's said that she encouraged them with words like "Do your best," and the members plan to continue following the footsteps of the idol they deeply respect, Kashiwagi Yuki.

The members of the 17th generation, who hold the fate of AKB48 in their hands, speak with ambition hidden beneath their cute smiles. Yamazaki adds, "I want more and more people to know about the current AKB48, so we, along with the trainees, will monopolize the senbatsu and increase our presence."

The AKB48 Theater in Tokyo's Akihabara district is also undergoing a complete renewal, marking another turning point. Due to aging, the theater is being renovated and will be revamped over approximately three months starting in September, becoming a renewed stronghold referred to as a "sacred place."

Furthermore, the 17th generation recently announced a nationwide tour starting in July, visiting five locations across the country. With these rapid developments, expectations and pressures are intertwined.

Hotei expresses her excitement about the tour, saying, "Through the tour, I'll be able to meet many people from various regions. I'm really looking forward to it." Hirata adds energetically, "I want to be selected more and more for upcoming events. Also, since we will be doing a nationwide tour, I want to meet the expectations and show what the 17th to 19th generations can achieve. It's important to prove that even just with these generations, we can do a lot."

Their potential is immeasurable. If they can't fully demonstrate it, they won't be able to reclaim the top spot. Another crucial goal is to participate in the NHK Kohaku Uta Gassen, a prestigious annual music program, after being absent for four years. The true value of the new AKB48 will be tested in the coming days. *end

Attached images:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Ahead of the group's appearance tomorrow on CDTV LIVE LIVE, Naru, Zukkii and Miion answer the question "What is your 6th favourite vegetable?":

• Like Like x 3
  13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

YASAI SISTERS COMEBACK CONFIRMED

• Like Like x 1
  14. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Finally they officially uploaded the 2024 Spring concert intro footage!!:1st:
    It was so mesmerizing and I love it! <3

• Like Like x 5
  15. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    • Like Like x 4
  16. drahcirpiy

drahcirpiy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I REMINDED MYSELF TO CHECK MSTA WEBSITE TODAY CUZ I KNOW THEY'D POST THE GUEST LINE UP FOR NEXT WK AND I WAS SO SO SO SOOOO HAPPY TO SEE AKB ON THE LIST AND SPECIFYING IT AS A YUKIRIN SPECIAL SINCE SHE WILL CENTRE BOTH SONGS OMG THE ATTENTION SHE DESERVES!

17. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    News today of a new collaboration between t-shirt manufacturer UP-T and AKB48 with Hiroyuki which involves clothing (including hoodies and towels) with designs by group members - campaign page with ordering: https://up-t.jp/akb48

top-banner.jpg

There's a series of nine 15-second commercials of three basic types. Oricon News has posted a compilation video showing each of the basic types plus a 21'45" 'making' video:

Each of the nine CMs can be viewed individually on UP-T's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@up-tyoutube7066/videos

Oricon also has some videos from a campaign launch presentation which took place today in Tokyo:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Message video for tonight's appearance on Mste: