[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Re: THE AKB48 thread!

i hope i can buy that magazine at this sale.

2. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

^ In addition, the more so with English words. japan doesn't get the full meaning of English profanity so you might see a cute Innocent looking girl walking around with "I'm a Bitch" T-shirt or something similar.

They see it so often in American movies so they assume swearing is normal in the U.S.

3. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

4. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

What's wrong with that?

They do look bitchin' there

And anyway, Rock 'n' Roll is Bitchin':
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RADLnC05A-A[/yt]

5. GATX105

GATX105 Member

that's funny! which reminds me that I've seen a lot of jdramas where the dialogues of americans involve a lot of cursing and swearing. some sort of stereotype?

:)

6. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

↑ Blame Hollywood for that. They spread it like the 'gospel'. :fp:

That's FUCKING!!! awesome. :lol:

7. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan

[rock]

https://plus.google.com/113063532301085 ... VAf4ZVZ37o

8. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Yay Haachan! I don't get it though :s are they going to like, paint or something? What is this art club thing?

9. Ehee

Ehee Kenkyuusei

Aki-p started the idea of an art exhibition last month on G+ and got positive feedback from members and it will be a reality now :XD:

'Club room' will be set up and members in art club will be coached by professionals few times/month and they will be featured in an art magazine starting from may issue

no further details on exhibition except its planned for june :cute:

10. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

^ Oh man! A new project again.

Aki-p's to-do-list keeps growing and growing!

11. karles48

Oooops, another wallet rape approaching...singles, pictures, DVDs, photobooks, movies...and soon paintings... [hehe]

12. oddball

oddball Member

^

Yeah I bet the bidding on some of those paintings id gonna get pretty intesnse if they decide to auction them off......

13. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc

Something I came across on 2ch: http://i.imgur.com/rfQOZ.jpg
    If I'm reading this correctly then it's about poll "Don't want to see those celebrities in CM any more" or something similar. AKB is quite high.

14. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

for us it doesn't make much sense, but if you go to japan i can actually agree.

over here, we need to look for AKB stuff so we only see it if we care.

over there, you're blasted with the stuff. they play CMs in trains and there are ads hanging overhead in the train car as well as ad posters plastered on the wall. get off the train and you see huge mural ads for the akb documentary. turn the corner and there's a giant tomochin billboard selling wireless internet access. go to the train station and on every possible place where you can plant your eyes is a Wonda coffee AKB ad.

for me i like being an AKB fan in the US, but over there I can see how people can get tired of it real easily. heck i got tired of it and i only visited for 2 weeks. =)

15. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina

Yeah it became a game for me in the end, gain 1 point every time you passed a magazine rack than didn't have at least one AKB member on the cover of something. Needless to say, was a fruitless endeavour. Every week Acchan and Kojiharu especially are on the cover of something. The manga books like Shounen etc, nearly always have an AKB member on the cover, and if they don't their competitors will. It's impossible to go to Japan and not be aware of who they are, they literally are omnipresent.

16. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

I wonder if the Japanese public gets tired of seeing AKB48 everywhere.
    The current single sold well so maybe not but it may also depend on the target audience.

It's a contradiction... management can't reduce advertisement because it needs the public to know about their product, AKB, while it's still fresh and relevant. But, at the same time, people will eventually get tired of all their advertisement. Eventually, this tiredness may affect the sales of AKB products.

This is related to another thread about the popularity of AKB and when people think the group's success may plateau.

17. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina

It's something you see a lot in the wrestling industry.. you have a big popular star but you push and push, and numbers stay around the same, but people slowly get tired, and eventually they completely fall off a cliff.
    It's because the business tends to be very short sighted, and doesn't want to replace something that's making money with something new and fresh to keep the sales going, and when they do it's usually too late and the numbers are crashing too hard to recover.

Just because something has sold in the past doesn't mean it will continue to, and when people turn against it, they do it a lot quicker than when it was gaining popularity in the first place.

However in AKB's case I don't know what they'll do if and when they reach that point. Mass graduations? Newer lineup? The problem with the Oshimen thing, is if say you shove Acchan and Yuko out the way to promote new replacements... all those fans will be annoyed and possibly leave. Some fans are fans because of the member not the group.
    Its a difficult balancing act, and something that comes up a lot in business. Keeping something fresh, while not alienating the people who already like it.

18. karles48

I don't think that's too surprising. The Japanese are constantly being 'bombed' with AKB stuff. Besides, there are few groups or celebrities appearing in more CMs than AKB, so I would be surprised if they were not on a list like that. However, it's true that perhaps Aki-P should think about it.

19. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

The Japanese public was already tired of it last year, IIRC.

It's not that they're advertising AKB so they have to do it to sustain their popularity; it's that other companies are hiring AKB to use as spokespersons for their products. It's kinda hard to understand in the US because we don't have titles like "CM queen." Catherine Zeta-Jones was blasted and ridiculed for being the spokesperson for T-Mobile, the complete opposite of what would happen in Japan. =)

With all this said, most of the Japanese public is not really informed about the details or even who is in AKB48. Outside of Kami7 that's pretty much it. They might grace all the magazine covers but they still wouldn't recognize their names unless they had the letters AKB on the cover as well.

20. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan

Video of AKB48 members performance in Beijing:
    http://www.yinyuetai.com/video/357116

(Umeda Ayaka, Nito Moeno, Fujie Reina, Kawaei Rina, Natori Wakana, Morikawa Ayaka)