[GENERAL] THE HKT48 thread!

Discussion in 'General HKT48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 27, 2011.

1. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    ^I agree. It's really weird that they promoted them in "waves" like this when the actual promotions will take effect at the same time. It's like they wanted make sure it was clear that "You girls are better/higher ranked than these other girls who we promoted later".

Or more likely it was just a disorganized mess with different people making decisions at different stages without communicating with each other. Like all the shuffles seem to be.

2. moonlit

moonlit Member

^the standardshuffle was probably done by the direct immediate HKT management, the addition at Dai Shuffle Matsuri was probably done by the general management since they though that the teams would need extra buffer, the recent thing was probably some third party in between that thought 'what the heck, let's promote the rest of them since they're there' however they couldn't promote all since there is no demand for more in-team-unders (this is not AKB afterall)
    for me, I think it would have been better to just ship some 4th gen and make Team T. But they're probably waiting for JKT to get their T, so that all HKT teams come after JKT.

3. Sakura

Sakura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    SakuraMurashige
    You need a big surprise, and unfortunately new tv show/more tour dates just aren't as exciting. They have to have girls crying on the DVD at the end you see, with the crowd getting excited.

Either way I think these girls shouldn't have been promoted.

4. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Kind of like how they just promoted ALL the AKB kenkyuusei in the shuffle, even the two who had just joined (I think one had only performed in a stage once?). It makes promotions less special when entire generations get promoted together. Like it's not about the individual girl anymore, they're promoting her just because she's there sort of.

5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Yeah Rio and Makiho, the two 15.5 gens had only done one, maybe 2 shows at most when they got promoted. They might be cute kids but they ain't no Azumarions if you know what I mean.

Management seem to be dismantling the kks structure bit by bit. HKT 3rd gens were the last class of kks to be taken on by any of the japan-based groups and there doesn't seem to be any signs that any of the groups are going to be taking on new gens any time soon. Perhaps in another few months every kks in every group will be promoted to a team, don't be surprised to see HKT 3rd gens getting promoted at the SSA concerts or during the arena tour.

There are girls who spent 2 or 3 years as kks honing their skills as kks before being promoted to teams, indeed some who graduated from the groups having never been made a full member. Being promoted used to mean something for members, it was a significant step for them. Plus when was the last time a kks was cut for not being good enough...AKB 12th gen or something?

It looks like the draft may be the way things are going to go from now but this first draft has been riddled with problems, 5 months on from the picks and most of them still aren't fully integrated into their teams.

6. moonlit

moonlit Member

^then they better finish picking those draftees for Team T.
    I do not mind the draft system, but for HKT this is just halfassed. I'd rather they made an immediate Team T without the additional buffer and then finished their pickings this year draft. Only Teams can pick draftees, which means, we'll be getting another shuffle for HKT next year possible.

Agreed, they should have left a 16-man teams for HKT.

7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Unless there's another drastic change in strategy I don't see there being a team T for a LONG time.

8. moonlit

moonlit Member

^more like ever. I think 48G will die before they make Team T
    They should have just made one at the beginning of the tour.

9. farhan_mursyid

farhan_mursyid Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    farhan_mursyid
    Well, i think, Team T will be made first by JKT48, since they have abundant 3rd gen members.. [hehe]

and hey, this year's sousenkyo quota has been expanded, from 64 members to 80 members, with the upcoming girls, i think, HKT will have increased member to rank in, so, who do you think? I think, NatsuMado will be the most possible. For that, i'm thinking to make tumblr post about the HKT possibility for top 80 this year, since i never updated tumblr for last 2 weeks

From me, there are about 8-9 possibilities for HKT, but, let's see.

10. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Good chance of Anna getting ranked with it being expanded.

Wonder if we will see two HKT members in Senbatsu (Sasshi and Sakura)

11. moonlit

moonlit Member

Anna's push has to work! She's gonna rank! In Future girls! BELIEVE IT (I'm being obnoxious on purpose, but srsly, being super positive)

12. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Honestly I think Kyappu has a better chance of making it to FG.

At least with 80 positions we should get more HKT girls ranking, Anya has a good chance to get in the top 80

13. JoshTan

JoshTan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Just asking...

What does the title of HKT's Kyushu tour mean? Same question for the new tour announced too. Thanks.

I saw that there were similar characters but I'm not really sure.

14. moonlit

moonlit Member

hmmmm something like "Let's do a journey for the cute children"? lol. (waiting for correct translation)
    Interesting how most titles of events and concerts aren't translated on the wikia

15. Sadia23

Sadia23 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sadia_alice
    As I already wrote here, it means:

~ Make the cute girls/children take a journey{ even longer }~

16. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    Just to add some more info: This is an idiomatic phrase. The idea behind this phrase is that you shouldn't overprotect your children, but you must instead let them experience the world, even if that means that they will sometimes have painful experiences. Here is a definition in Japanese. According to that website, the phrase uses the idea of "travel" because, in old times, travelling even over short distances could be a very difficult and dangerous experience.

17. Sakura

Sakura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    SakuraMurashige
    Graduated girls aren't allowed to run this time either, so that should free up some slots for our girls.

18. Sadia23

Sadia23 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sadia_alice
    Oh yea, I forgot... for those who are not active on tumblr, I will post this one here also.

DeJure found this today on Iichans G+. I translated the few textparts and edited the picture:

[​IMG]

(need to click it, as its too large for this board)

19. moonlit

moonlit Member

^thanks so much for this picture, though the variety members crack me up the most. Anna, Chori, Natsumikan and Marika lol.
    Also, all the lonelness zones XD

20. Ryo

Ryo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kumazawaserina
    Twitter:
    Ryo634
    Lol Sadia that's fun (the Loneliness zone :XD: ) thanks for the translation!

I'd like to add one of the best thing going on lately on HKT G+
    Manamin is uploading short videos with the girls winking, they are quite cute!

Till now we've got 3 videos, I have "edited" them togheter for a minute of winks, let's hope to get more updates :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014