[GENERAL] THE JKT48 thread!

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 12, 2012.

1. sillybob

sillybob Kenkyuusei

I was curious on a scale of 1-10 how difficult would it be for a tourist to Jakarta who speaks no bahasa, hasn't ever been to Indonesia and would be travelling alone, to go and see a show at the theater? [hehe]

Also I wonder if they'll announce any new transfers at the Dome tours this weekend? Maybe Melody went to Japan to pick them up? :hehe:

2. abaone94

abaone94 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    melodynurramdhani
    Twitter:
    abaone94
    ^
    Being an Indonesian, I can't really answer that question.

But, maybe you can ask it here: http://www.jkt48stuff.com/ask-us/ They got a lot of foreign contributors who already experienced a theater visit to Jakarta. So perhaps they got few advices for you.

Sorry can't help much though.

3. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    @sillybob: right now most Indonesian knows the basic english like "Mister" and "Madam" and some other words. But still, using Google Translate might helped you a lot. I believe you will have no difficulties at Fx, as most JKT fans should have a decent english language skill

if there is a Hall of Fame i believe almost every Jakarta based fans will make it in. I mean, everyone is seemingly burns their money weekly for watching the theater. i still remember a tv show that asks a fan how many time he has watch the theater and he proudly says "around 60 or more"

4. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    I'm not a regular on this part of the forum, but I just wanted to say that I'm really starting to like JKT, and I'm proud of them. I'm not Indonesian and I don't speak a word of Bahasa, so I wasn't really attracted to them to begin with, I even didn't really enjoy the sound of the language in those songs I already knew in japanese.
    But with time, I grew really fond of JKT (I must admit Harugon's transfer really helped, I've always been one of her fans), and I really enjoy their songs now.
    I'm proud of them because they managed to make Yang Mencinta Fortune Cookie sound as good as its japanese counterpart, even when the original song is such a good one.
    Their covers are getting better and better (I think I like their version of First Rabbit more than AKB's), and I really hope they'll get some original material really soon.
    I am a big lover of China and the Chinese culture and I never really cared about Indonesia, so on paper I should love SNH more than JKT, but JKT's hardworking members and the motivation they always show really made me love them more than SNH. JKT members also convey a more pure and innocent image, not unlike original AKB members in the early days, which is way more appealing than the "I'm here thanks to daddy and I just wanna be famous" image the SNH girls have.

I would also like to say thanks to the management who gave a chance to Harugon by giving her the center position for KFC, she's sparkling as a center, and she wouldn't have had that chance in AKB.

5. Megaaleon

Megaaleon Kenkyuusei

I don't know if I should discuss it here, but looks like melody will be appointed as "duta buah2an / fruits ambassador" at prefekture Okayama. Just check iwan palsu's tweet for more information......

Iwan Palsu twitter
    https://twitter.com/IwanPalsu

for the article...
    http://t.co/yOYY6DIXGr

6. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    LOL i really have to agree with this, to be honest :lol:
    Yep @48_Daisuki also confirmed it. She will stay on Soja City (?) for 3 days to study about the fruits there. It is awesome how a non-Japanese could be appointed as a Fruit Ambassador of a Japanese city (i actually thought that it would be better if Harugon is the one who gets appointed, but then again, congratulations Melody!)

7. supaisu

supaisu Kenkyuusei

@Sillybob: If you really have no clue about Indonesia especially Jakarta, you could/should check jkt48stuff since I believe they already did some trip to theater by overseas fans and also made a guide about hotel, transportation etc. As well as what you need to do/learn about Jakarta.

But really in my town (I'm not in Jakarta), i always see tourist overseas around from the high-class one to the backpacker one and they seems do just fine. Indonesian might be only know a few word of english but we will serve our best for our guest :XD:

@Deyan: welcome, and thank you for your words! Let's discuss about the girls more on this forum!

@Megaaleon: I'm already cackling when read the quoted tweet..... But since that already a "proof" it's supposed to be true, right? Why her? Why not Haruka, Akicha, or even Rena? I... Just don't understand.

Added befor submiting: so this might be her mission? It's surely unexpexted

8. Megaaleon

Megaaleon Kenkyuusei

too much idea already said the reason, she's from agriculture so......

9. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    This is great. It means that in the future, agriculture students from Indonesia might be able to went to Soja and do some research there [hehe]

10. abaone94

abaone94 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    melodynurramdhani
    Twitter:
    abaone94
    So Melody will go there as a "Fruit Ambassador"? Hohoho [hehe]

Seriously, that's one of a funny title, but that's really great! Not to mention that it is her thing (being an agricultural student and that) [rock] . It's two birds with one stone: for her career in JKT, and her study as well as her future career. If she did it and take the most of it, her dream of becoming a Minister of Agriculture is at least one step closer.

Welcome~ I usually spotted you when I stalked around the other thread. Nice to know that you're becoming interested in JKT! [hi]

11. kurisu

kurisu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    We're a little similar! I'm not Indonesian nor do I speak the language (though I am working on that)... and when the transfers happened and my kami-oshi Sae was sent to SNH... I thought, well, time to learn about SNH48!!!

I didn't know how to gauge SNH in a way - so I looked to the only other sister group... and that's where my focus stayed.

I agree with you... JKT48, to an international fan - when you give them a chance, has a very good image. They appear very earnest and hard-working; it makes you want to cheer them on.

They'll have missteps, there will be mistakes made... but theirs is a journey I want to follow.

I love that Haruka was the center, she's always had a place in my favourites, though not to the same extent as Sae... and her friendship with Mariko-sama; who seems to have excellent judgement and loyalty when it comes to friends. Haruka just seems like a brightly burning ball of sunshine... and she proved that she can shine anywhere, because she stands out in JKT as well.

(Also, I agree with you............... some songs do sound great in Indonesian!! Baby x3 would be the stand out I think, the girls natural tones, they breath a new life into an already good song.)

12. mc_shithead

mc_shithead Kenkyuusei

not really difficult :)

if language is the only obstacle you have, you just find a taxi, wrote down your destination, give it to the driver, and that is all..

if you're destination is a commonly known place (shopping mall, museum, amusement park, list goes on), most of people there unnderstand english (considering there is an un-written rule that it's already became international standard language)..

keep in mind, "understand english" is different with "can speak english", but yes, they will understand what you are trying to say..

just find a good taxi (those with word silver bird, blue bird, pusaka, gamya or taxiku printed on their body), don't be deceived by the taxi color, just focus on the word printed on it.. those that i bold is already well known internationally..

and the last thing is, despite the idiocy and top class stupidity that most of the people on our government display, you'll be surprised to know that most of Indonesian are really smart and friendly..

13. daydreamerzz

daydreamerzz Kenkyuusei

In my room, writing prenlets to Nobi-chan~
    On a scale to 1-10... around 7-ish i guess. It's pretty easy to travel around here :lol: . But it still depends on a lot of things like in what area of jakarta you wanna stay in...so~ i don't really know actually :XD:

And i'm really hoping for a new transfer, like seriously !!! :cute:

About Melody... I think it's great since it is about agriculture so I hope she learns new things that would be useful for her studies, as well as representing JKT48 and being the

14. razgriz1011

razgriz1011 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    rezkywirantidhike
    Twitter:
    razgriz2520
    This is their new ad...

OXY Perfect Facial Sheet With JKT48

Attached Files:

15. syncronizes

syncronizes Kenkyuusei

16. mc_shithead

mc_shithead Kenkyuusei

Is that supposed to be jktmission rival?

What's the format of the show? Documentary?

So each tv station now compete to make their own jkt show :D

They truly became money maker now..

17. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
  18. abaone94

abaone94 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    melodynurramdhani
    Twitter:
    abaone94
    The TV ad, I guess?
    [​IMG]

Well, two TV shows. That's pretty good [clap]

So it will be every Saturday, eh? Nice weekends are waiting :hehe:

19. syncronizes

syncronizes Kenkyuusei

i cant answer about this, i dont know .. but the price is... [sweat]

lets be positive thinking, its give our girls more screen time on TV. and it will boost they popularity again.. :hehe:

i'm curious about the show content.. :cute:

20. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    I do believe that JKT48 Story might be somekind of a documentary show. i just hope that they won't include some scenario there :/