[GENERAL] THE NMB48 thread!

Discussion in 'General NMB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Dec 7, 2010.

1. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    ._. But... that's the image file link. I just opened it in Chrome and it works fine. You can find the image link in the source code, anyways.

Also sorry waffle. I missed your post. T_T;

2. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    Yay!!
    I was waiting for a section for NMB^^ <3 <3

3. freakonboard

freakonboard Kenkyuusei

Osama no Brunch
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD0d5Pa4f4s[/yt]

4. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

"NMB48"
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFhoIsY-d7w[/yt]

5. ET920

ET920 Member

6. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

Jasey thank you!!!!
    You can't see the girls but the song is PURE LOVE
    OSAKABEN LYRICS
    ALL THE DOTONBORI/NANBA/SHINSAIBASHI PLACES I LOVE
    "Namba48" is the song of my life ç___________ç I love these girls ♥

7. boffyee

boffyee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I really liked the song I wish see how is the dance.

I have a curiosity I am new in this. not exist famcam of only one person . the fans no record live shows ???
    not upload videos of her favorite members. ??? is a rule or something is just a question..

hopefully nmb48 will do well
    :inlove: fighting!!!

8. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    It's extremely rare for staff to allow people to film events in Japan. They'll run up to you to block your view if you have one, and they search bags at the entrance to concerts, etc.

This isn't just AKB, all of Japan is like this. You'll get told off if you take a camera into most shops for example.

9. ET920

ET920 Member

Japan has one of the most draconian privacy rules in all the world.

When talking about pictures or recordings of persons, there is something known as personality rights, which talks about the rights a person has to exploit his or her own image. For example, if I were really fat and clothed in a very curious way and someone takes a picture of me while riding a motorbike and then uses it to promote, say, a beer, I could sue him because he is exploiting my image without my consent when, because of the personality rights, the only individual who has the right to do it is myself.

There are also privacy rights that you can invoke when you are in a private context. For example, if I were a really famous singer and someone takes a picture of me while I am in a "private context" (for example, inside my house), I could sue him because nobody can post images or recordings obtained in a private context without my consent.

Now, the later of these rights is broken if I am found in a public context (meaning, a place and time where it is supposed my privacy can't be upheld, for example, walking in the park during noon, going to buy a gift from the market when it is open, etc). And, if there is no private context, you cannot use your personality right claims to protect your image. This allows you to take a picture of someone in the street without him being able to stop you. Note that in Germany, for example, Google Street View had to give a means for people to delete pictures of their properties because, according to German law, the property (including the front) is private, and therefore a picture of the front of your house is violating the privacy law.

The thing with Japan is that, by definition, privacy laws take precedence. So, you can't take a picture of someone in the street unless he or she gives you explicit permission to do so. However, you don't usually see people asking if they can take pictures, but at least it gives the people being pictured to be able to request the deletion of the picture in the case they don't want to be pictured. You can also see how they modify the faces of all the persons walking around the area when doing an interview, or how they blur the license plate of cars (and when shooting doramas, it is common to hide the license plates of cars with fake ones, gluing them on top of the real one for the duration of the scenes). Because of these laws, you cannot take pictures even during live public events. Concerts, plays, games, nowhere.

10. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    All of that being hilariously at odds with Japan's love of gossip about celebrities, idols who can't have personal lives, etc...

And the management fully exploit it by selling photos and the like.

11. ET920

ET920 Member

^ The more they hide, the more people and fans crave for obscure details.

Added the following to the previous post, but fits better after your reply.

Note that in Japan almost every single famous person (talento, actor, singer, player, comedian, etc) belongs to an agency. This makes their life easier, as they don't have to be taking care of who exploits their image somewhere, and at the same time, it allows those contracting the persons to not have to deal with the person themselves (imagine if there weren't agencies, then NHK would need to agree with each of the 48 girls the licensing of their image for their appearance at Uta Gassen).

In Japan, it is called 肖像権 (shouzouken). The personality rights are called 人格権 (jinkakuken, listed in the Japanese constitution in what is called the "right to the pursuit of happiness"). Note that Korea has a similar law, 초상권 (my hangul is rusty, but it should be chosangkwen or something similar), "right of publicity". (Hmm... actually, I think it exists, heard it named by my Korean teacher, but I may have misunderstood him).

12. Tyzer

Tyzer Member

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    NMB48

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR0fsWlTinc[/yt]

13. oddball

oddball Member

^

They are all ready sounding pretty good as a group arn't they! I must admit, I wasn't to sure how the whole leopard print theme that NMB seem to have going on would work for outfits and stuff but I quite like the School uniform variation (though not the hats!) thay have in this clip....

14. BunnyKaisui

BunnyKaisui Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    NMB48 first live performance

EDIT: Wow, I now can say I really like Sayaka.

15. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Amazing Performance T______________T

Damn right you do! :D

16. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

NMB will be performing appearing on StarHime this saturday 8D

dammit jasey, always correcting my japanese ):

17. DSQ

DSQ Kenkyuusei

Did you guy hear about NMB's BERO cm? They split the girls up into 5 groups and each one had to make a prototype cm. this one won:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duzEIoh4FBw[/yt]

18. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

^lol that's what most of the discussion in the starhime thread is about. I prefer A team's commercial best. DOKODEMO ITSUDEMO ISSHO BUREO!

19. microsheep

microsheep Kenkyuusei

How long did it take for SKE to get their own single? I'm really impatient for NMB [blush] . I can only recall that SDN was there for a year perhaps until their debut.

20. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    8-9 months if i remember correctly.