Movie / DVD Girls Drive (AKB48 Movie) [2023]

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mana, Jan 21, 2024.

1. Mana

Mana Under Girls

001.jpg

"Girls Drive" is a movie with AKB48 members Oguri Yui, Kuranoo Narumi, Yamauchi Mizuki, Yamazaki Sora, and Kubo Hinano. It was released in 2023.

"A road movie depicts the youth of a high school girl spending her last summer vacation in high school. The main character of the story is Koharu Minami, a third-year high school student who devotes her youth to track and field in a small town overlooking Mt. Fuji. She was noted as a sprinter but in her last competition she was disqualified during a match. Her classmates, Yuka, Rena, and Ayumi, who also have youth troubles, hit it off with Koharu saying, "She doesn't want to spend her summer vacation like this," and she decides to head to Tokyo. Four people head for Tokyo by car towards their respective goals." (More informations here)

Theme song: "Zenryoku Hankouki" (AKB48)

if the video does not show watch the video here

Please use this thread to share your opinions and discuss anything about the movie!​

• Like Like x 4
  2. otabe

otabe Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    soraland
    girls.jpg
    (me every time I watch yui act with)

I finally watched the movie the other day since it was released on streaming platforms. It was a light, fun flick with some depth. First off, Zuk was the MVP of the movie. She was the most interesting character and it looked like zuk had alot of fun playing her! (Work on that trigger discipline :p) Yui as the protagonist was fun to see. As the most veteran actor of the group, she had to bear the emotional brunt of the movie (as little as it was lol). But dam, was yui really about to straight up murder the dude at the end :yikes:. Another acting gig for Sora who already has a couple under her belt in her little under 2 years of being an AKB member. I liked her aloof character here but wasn't the pool scene kinda funny. She kinda pushed yui into the pool just looking like :|. We barely see akb girls act together now a days so this was fun to see :oops:. Too bad hina's only job here was to look like the hot new gf :^O^: (familiar role she had in that other mini drama that Sae was in)
    The post credit scene had me :lol: (cute daughter btw) We need a girls drive 2 for the alternate timeline where she didn't swap the gun :hehe:
    I went into this movie with very low expectations but it turned out pretty decent! :approve: I doubt we will get more though :|..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    The movie is fun, but the premise is hilarious.
    Basically Yui is mocked by a radio moderator and Zukki hates that her crush likes some other hoe more than her. So they decide it's a good idea to travel to Tokyo to murder those people. Naru is just joining for the fun of it and to be a nuisance and Sora just happens to have a car and thinks going on a killing spree is fun.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    Well, funny movie to see, I can't decide which act has been more interesting for me, Naru being annoying girl or Zukky the gun girl

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rockin

Rockin Kenkyuusei

I didn't expect anything from the movie and in the end I really liked it.
    Fun and quite well done. Simple and efficient ! I recommend watching it ! :)
    Ha, and Zukki was stunning, as usual.

Spoiler : Koharu was realy determined to shot the guy ! If it hadn't been a starting pistol, the animator would have been done. :fear:

6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The blu-ray will be released on 6/12:
    https://www.girls-drive.com/#news

There'll be a regular edition (price 5,280 JPY) as well as a 'Luxury Edition' (8,140 JPY) which will contain a 118 minute bonus video with 'making', stage greetings, special news and a trailer as well as a set of 6 postcards (group shot of 4 main cast members + solo shot of 5 girls drive members). Also there'll be a Rakuten Books release commemorative event with the cast members in Tokyo on 6/22.

7. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    I was hoping for anime adaptation

8. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    'Making' video preview:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  9. mae813

mae813 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oguri Yui
    [ENGSUB] Girls Drive (2023)

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and I got some free time so here is 2023's best summer movie (I just decided that on my own) but released in fall, subbed in english. Enjoy! And make sure to support the Blu-ray that's coming out on June 12th!

https://twitter.com/yuiyuihan/status/1771841616309096891

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Hard subbed? Great, now I can show it to other people.

• Like Like x 1
  11. FMecha

FMecha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    アレックス・ボウマン(?)
    Twitter:
    FMecha_EXE
    I wonder if the Nissan Be-1 will be considered as a "movie car" now (in the same year as the Nissan GT-R GT3 is now one, thanks to the Gran Turismo movie, no less) because of this? Can't wait to make a Girls Drive "livery" in GT7 if they ever add the Be-1 back.