Handshake events

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by petelechem, Sep 10, 2011.

1. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I STF but couldn't find anything.

I was wondering how the handshake events work. I read the the new single released in October will have handshake ticket with the first press LE copies.

Do you get a ticket with the CD which guarantee you can go to a handshake event or is it a lottery ticket kind of thing where it enters you in a draw with a chance to go?

I looked on Yahoo Japan Auctions and saw blue and yellow tickets with numbers 1 and 2 on for the upcoming Flying Get handshake event, but due to my limited skill in Japanese I couldn't really make it out. I asked my Japanese friend and even he was a little confused.

Thanks in advance for your help

2. Hana

Hana Kenkyuusei

The different numbers/colors only apply to the handshake events in Tokyo, where a 1 means that the ticket is valid for use on day 1, and a 2 means it's valid for use on day 2. If you're planning on attending one of the other events outside of Tokyo, then either ticket is valid. As far as I know, the dates for the event in Tokyo haven't been announced yet.

As far as the question of whether the ticket is a lottery or a sure thing, it's a sure thing as long as you actually show up.

3. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

Ok cool, thanks, the reason asked was because I am going to Japan in November and going by the timing of the flying Get handshake events after the release of the single. I would expect the Handshake event for the October single to be in November so will probably pick up a ticket from yahoo japan auctions or something :)

Thanks again, it helps a lot :)