Higashimura Mei (MeiMei) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    Happy birthday!

2. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Happy birthday to my number 1 Hinatazaka oshi...!

• Like Like x 1
  3. nassux

nassux Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Konoka
    Twitter:
    nassuxster
    Meimei birthday SR 23 Aug 2022

• Like Like x 4
  4. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I received Mei's PB in the mail today. I would have gotten it earlier if I had paid the extra 5 dollars for Amazon.jp's express shipping.

Anyway, her book is packed full of really good photos. There's a set in there of her in a black dress that I like and wish that there were more than just a few. She looked like she was having a great time and I'm really happy for her. Another excellent book added to my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nassux

nassux Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Konoka
    Twitter:
    nassuxster
    I got mine end of last week. What surprised me was that there was alot more lingerie shots than I expected. I was worried that she wouldn't be comfortable doing those but she looked natural and comfortable. My favourite shots are those with the Nara deer since she is from the prefecture and I love them. I miss those little monsters trying to eat everything I hold. [hehe]

6. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Like Like x 2
  7. JoltFiend

Twitter:
    joltfiend
  8. nassux

nassux Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Konoka
    Twitter:
    nassuxster
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. nassux

nassux Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Konoka
    Twitter:
    nassuxster
    Teaser for her participation in SASUKE this year

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
  10. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    This time this cute small cheetah from Nara (or should I say big Neko) will get its prey. Ganbatte Meimei-chan!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. nassux

nassux Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Konoka
    Twitter:
    nassuxster
    Meimei's run at SASUKE

Edit: Changed link as the previous one got taken down (Meimei is on from 2:27)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    this time she got to the Dragon slider. good job!

13. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Much better this time. Great job, Meimei-chan, you tried hard!

14. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Koike Minami
    :DMei’s Thread Half-Year-Later Revival Post.

Part One:
    I have a late night theory. After watching an episode of House, I wonder if Mei might have male pseudohermaphroditism. This is because-

1. She claimed in an interview she doesn’t do any exercise apart from dancing, and yet keeps her good physical condition. Her claim is probably true because there is no reason for her to lie about going to the gym. From what I have gathered it takes a lot of effort for the average idol to maintain their physique. Exhibits A) a comment from Saito Asuka about how many members go to the gym and B) Kumi’s comment in the self interviews about the hardest part of being an idol being keeping in shape. How is Mei able to do this without doing any physical activity?!
    2. She does #1 while also apparently having pretty unhealthy eating habits according to Takase. She maintains her physique despite eating fast food and sweets. Men lose weight much easier than women. On the other hand, it is possible Takase was exaggerating. Still, with a normal diet and no daily exercise it seems odd she would be able to stay in such great shape for her PB and onwards.
    3. Her true voice is remarkably baritone (so she deliberately speaks in a soft and high voice). It seems much more masculine than even Kyoko’s, IMO.

Disclaimer: I’m aware the term of the condition used can have negative connotations but I couldn’t find the proper modern term. Apologies to anyone offended.

Part Two:
    I just wanna say I love how whimsical and ditzy her character is. During the self-interviews she said she would have, without thinking, simply become a dentist if she wasn’t an idol. She does not seem to have had much direction in her life, having cried while working at a convenience store and quit, then done some modeling work, and then on suggestion from her sister auditioned for Keyaki. She says she doesn’t have any worries and depression, in stark contrast to other members who are known for their worries. Instead, she simply sleeps and forgets about her troubles. It sounds like she has become a good senior for the third gens and fourth gens, so I hope next she can develop some initiative in her work. In 2019, she said she didn’t know what she wanted to do when she graduated, but so long as she is comfortable with it I could see her becoming a gravure model with tarento activities on the side.

Long live Mei! :3rd:

• Like Like x 4
  15. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Thanks @SunlitZelkova for the bump at this thread. Let me add my 0.02 cent for my 1st gen Hiragana oshi...

For me Meimei was love at first sight... Ever since my eyes saw that long-haired, tanned, chiisana tomboy, with the husky-baby voice and strange mannerisms, I knew she is something not from this world, and outlier of an idol, a girl that her life-string just touched tangentially the life-strings of the rest of the 1st gen Hiragana.

I find Meimei particularly sexy... I always liked tomboys, athletic girls that say very few and do a crap-ton. She is IMHO BY FAR the best dancer in the group with very crisp and elegant moves. I also like her singing voice (that song she sang for her mother, was among the very few moments that made me cry because of an idol) and it was because of her and only her that - for the first and only time in my life as a fan - I felt jealousy when she declared (and showed) her love towards the Hinabingo MC.

Meimei is my silent oshi: although I declare that I oshi her since many years ago, I feel I do and write so little about her that I get serious guilt hits to my consience... Yet, I do have the certainty that she is enjoying every bit of her idol life from her own niche, this border-at-near-obscurity, this silence and negligence from the variety happenings and fuss of the most prominent members (for which she seems to not give a %$#%).

Meimei at the end IS like a cat. Infinitely gracious, sharp, explosive, but at the same time lurking, observant, silent and discreet, she is one of the most gloriously dignified idols there is to be...

I love and respect you Meimei-chan...

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. JoltFiend

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I just started watching the new episodes of Takeshi's castle and starting thinking what if MeiMei participated in this?

18. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Happy birthday mei
    :ome:

19. JoltFiend

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Happy Birthday Mei!

[​IMG]