Hirata Rina (Hirari) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. A93x

A93x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Re: Hirata Rina / 12th Generation

Just saw her properly for the first time in the latest Shuukan AKB episode. Her english really is good, she has a really American accent. Because i didn't really understand what was going on, when i saw the words "sexual harassment" written by Hirata in english i was like... :XD:
    (seemed like the girls were doing tests of some sort. and there was a question about the First Lady? And some girls wrote "pink lady" and "Mister Lady" :lol: )

2. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina

Every so often they do test episodes over 2 weeks, they test their knowledge of their own language, society, and English.
    That question was, what does the abbreviation セクハラ stand for. I thought it was funny she wrote in English. It is an English word they put into Japanese, but writing it out in Japanese would have given me a headache.
    I wonder how she did on the history questions etc.
    Even though she obviously speaks Japanese, she was not raised in the culture so there is bound to be lots of historical and cultural references that she doesn't get.
    She should ace the English portion next week however :)

3. wasabi

wasabi Kenkyuusei

Yes, she was born in Arizona and she explained to Ijiri and the other guy that she lived in the US for 12 years (she's still 13 I believe).

I don't know how she'll fare in the other sections besides English since she was basically born and raised in the US. But if she aces the English portion she'll be alright. :)

4. A93x

A93x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena

Thanks Gingerninja and wasabi, i might follow this show as well as hirata a bit more now. She seems cool, so young, but i'm sure she will have a great future ahead of her, and she has the advantage of speaking english so well (I heard she went to the US concert) so hopefully when AKB comes to australia, she will be coming too [hehe].

5. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

It seems this thread just made an awesome rise in the activity meter, the D.C concert seems to have a lot of effect to her new found follower. :awesome:

Okay after doing the AKB ranker she just jumps as my UG center out of nowhere, and I didn't even realize I keep choosing her in the face off.

Off topic:
    Wait, is there another girl in AKB who can speak French like Hirari can in English that would be a good face off between the French and English side, pretty much like the 100 years war. :^^;:

6. Erinacchi

Erinacchi Kenkyuusei

I love Hirari, she's so cute<3 Currently she's my second-fave Kenkyuusei after Erechan. I watched a video in which she spoke English and it sounded so adorable. I hope she gets in some Team someday^^

7. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

omg the shuukan episode sounds like it'll be so much fun with Hirarii. I've been following her gugutasu and i've been posting almost all her videos on my blog. I love how crazy and experimental she is with her video editing.

8. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15

Hilary rocked Shukan's English Test

EDIT:
    tests are rigged. i like akarin too but hilary would obviously destroy her at English.

9. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina

It's because some of the questions were a bit crap, like the lyrics ones. Unless you realised they were the literal translated song lyrics you'd never have got them correct.

10. Allocer

Allocer Kenkyuusei

Why didn't Hillary win the English lesson? LOL. Is she exempt, because she's too OP? I'm sure she would have scored a 300点 if not because of that.

But yeah, they kind of used her as a chip for when to make fun of the other girls, like EIGHTS, NINE, TAN. Lolo.

11. Allocer

Allocer Kenkyuusei

Does anyone else want to know less English and learn it straight from Hillary? Because I do. :>

I love her daily English lessons, lol. So cute! Check her G+, she uploaded a long one about elder passengers, but probably hard for Japanese people to master. Lol.

And for some reason she put this photo up. A strawberry, just like the one she ate before and freaked out about how good it was. LOL.

[​IMG]

12. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    missingno15

Hilary is so awesome that she can speak English

Kidding aside, how do you guys feel about her new profile picture? Most of the people who commented about it said that she looked cute but some people were against it, which I can imagine. I too was kinda like :blink: when I first saw it. The enlargement of the eyes is a bit too unnatural for me so thats why I was a bit like :yikes: . But it's Hilary and I quickly got used to seeing it and began to think of it again as the cute and awesome Hilary that we all know. How do you feel about her profile change? What do you think of the English lessons in general?

13. Allocer

Allocer Kenkyuusei

I like her English lessons on G+. It's a part of my morning to wake up and check her G+ and watch them. Her newest one is pretty hard for Japanese speakers, I assume since it's like a double sentence, lol. She even made a mistake and forgot to say "mother", which was in the sentence so she apologized. xD

But living in Arizona for 5 years really paid off. They always use her as an example on Shunkan for showing the girls what they aren't. Lol.

14. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    missingno15

I heard somewhere that she lived in Arizona until she was 12? [wonder]

15. Allocer

Allocer Kenkyuusei

Maybe I misheard from somewhere. I forgot what she said at the D.C. concert, but I thought it was 5 years. Or it could have been until she was 12. But she's 13 now, isn't she? So she just moved to Japan?

Regardless, don't quote me on that. Sorry. xD

16. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina

She had only just moved back to Japan when she auditioned, because her dad moved back for his Job or something, I'd have to rewatch her little autobio thing she did again to check.

17. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    missingno15

I remember now! If you take a look Shukan 120330, she says herself that she lived in Arizona until she was 12.

If you have the episode, you can start watching from 2:48

18. Allocer

Allocer Kenkyuusei

OH. I must have missed it. Lemme see it again...

Wow, I did see that, but must have forgotten. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

19. Allocer

Allocer Kenkyuusei

ひらりーちゃん did this in Art class:

[​IMG]

what do you think? If you turn your head to the right it looks like a person with their eye all loopy LOL. Abstract, alright.

20. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka

For anyone surprised she only just moved to Japan, her early videos and MCs showed that her Japanese wasn't on the same level as her English. Her Japanese slip ups were adorable though of course<3
    There's only the odd moment now when she's sometimes a bit unsure of a word(like trying to pick one to say) but some people struggle to find words in their own language sometimes so it's not an issue :3