Honda Hitomi (Hiichan) / Team 8

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Apr 26, 2014.

1. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

You must be new :shifty:

• Like Like x 2
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I can personally see the driver's license being a hint at her staying in Korea, but this is a really dumb take.

The AKB48 name is still really respected, even after the original members have left. People know its legacy, and literally everyone in Japan knows who they are. You get to perform on a stage regularly, even during COVID-19, you get to be part of a song even if there's no space in the a-side lineup, you might be put into a special unit. It's possible to be signed to another agency while still staying in AKB48, so you can get a lot of outside work while having a secure career as an idol. There are so many opportunities for AKB48 members.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    IMO Hii-chan will be a very valuable asset to AKB48 if she returns there and I'm certain that there'll be plenty of work opportunities for her.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    From an eito fan perspective:
    She took the driver's license because in the last few days in Korea she had nothing to do. When she returns to Japan she can get a Japanese one too and drive in both countries.

From a WI*ZONE perspective:
    PERMANENT!!!

Plausible reality:
    She's probably coming back to Japan, spend some time with her family, maybe a lesson or too. She will be in the concert (or concerts). Then she will announce her graduation and that she is moving to a Korean agency, where she will work for years until she realizes that it will never be like the time she was in IZ*ONE.
    If she was going back to Japan and wanted a driver's license she could've easily waited a few weeks. From what I saw with Odaeri and the rest getting a license in Japan is actually super easy, barely an inconvenience.
    But if this is what's going to happen, I question the decision of revealing it before any announcement. Although the Koreans probably don't give a shit.
    DH have no idea what they're doing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Garapagosu

Garapagosu Kenkyuusei

Hii just sent a mail about something like how excited she was with the driver license & couldn't wait to show everyone through that tweet.
    Doesn't strike me as she put any deeper meaning by it, to be honest.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. budokanlife014

budokanlife014 Kenkyuusei

Many people in the entertainment business who lead comfortable existences will never experience the highs of being in a group like that.

I think the IZ*ONE members are well aware of the comparable success rate of the post produce group's members in comparison of when they were in the groups.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Why is there this feeling of a copy / paste from the Shitao thread from 2,5 years ago ?

Btw, welcome in the red's favorite part of the forum.
    Maybe you'll find how to venture in this area.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    I won't be mad, if she returns to Korea, in AKB48 she wasn't very popular before PD48.
    Also she isn't one of my favourites.

I agree with the driving license being a hint.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. trippy

trippy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuzuha Huge-O
  10. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    [​IMG]

I'm going to write a memo for you.

==============================================================================================

http://akb48team8.net/archives/izone-66.html

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

As you can see, just the thought of being far away from Korea and her IZ*ONE teammates for a few days made her cry.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

if the video does not show watch the video here

Wasn't she blonde again, tho?

Their wikis need to be updated, even if it's just for a couple of weeks.

11. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    I think she really enjoys being in izone, not sure if she really has dive deep into as k-idol because izone is not like other pure kpop idol that started from scratch where usually their agency has some nasty attitude towards their own idol groups. I hope she wont ever meet some shady kpop agency if she wanna stay in kpop scene. Plus, eventhough she is not popular much like kura and nako, she never need to worry cannot join any performance and izone activities unlike in 48 where she is just another non popular member that waiting for chance to be on tv, what more on national events. Not too mention, she get to perform overseas. Unlucky though, plandemic is still not over yet and they had that chart manipulative problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I’ve read IG posts from two of her sensei figures in Korea and they both use the words “when our Tomi comes back.”

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Can you please link the posts? Just to see the context...

14. eibun2012

eibun2012 Kenkyuusei

https://twitter.com/lilweirdclown1/status/1387795299150696448

Just as a refresher, since kpop fans mostly live on their own bubble and the mere mention of kpop/korea makes some of jpop fans have a tendency to put on their tojo stan cosplay and gatekeep things to oblivion.

Before pd48 sakura is easily the top 5 of 48g who is a senbatsu regular in both akb & hkt, nako is also hkt senbatsu who regularly appears on akb single and one of the so-called 'next gen aces'. Their spot in every release was and probably will always be guaranteed.

hiichan, on the other hand, has pretty much never been in the same conversation with them in terms of their standings within the group, which she herself had alluded to on several occasions. Afterall, if some random outsider looking in can tell, then she must know about this. She would know things about herself better than anyone.

If not for pd48, The best case scenario for her, (based on her sales or contest rankings and whatnot) would probably be back row of a 30-40 member senbatsu until she decides to leave (and that's being optimistic). So, specifically for her, the conversation of kpop vs jpop has always been stupid since her position was never that great to begin with.

If there's ever a question of whether she enjoys being in izone, then I would bet on yes, she literally got the opportunity to live her dream, and she had expressed this on several occasions. So when some team8/akb fans, some of whom never really been her fan to begin with, being pissy about her fulfilling her dream with izone is just both funny and weird to me, even weirder when they are actually a fan. That is some high level pettines with even after all this time and with anything that has happened yet still couldn't let go.

And about some korean agencies being shady? Well some shady shit actually had happened throughout the history of aks/48g, I feel like it’s strange to be paranoid about that matter. It's just one of those unfortunate situations where the entertainment industry (by and large, all over the world) is run by shady exploitative people.

As for the future? Well she had never been a difference maker in 48g, and as of right now, I don't see that changing, then again it seems that 48g needs more than several members returning nowadays. As far as I can tell, Izone was and, most likely will be, the best case scenario for her in terms of her idol career until she eventually leave. And to reiterate, it's not because one is kpop and the other is jpop or whatever that stupid nonsense is all about, it's just basically what has happened.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Thanks for the link. well, this is why context is important, Hitomi gave a letter and gift as goodbye, the teacher wants to cry because of the letter and wish to meet each other again whenever Hitomi will be back in the country... that's a completely normal goodbye message. Regardless of what will happen in the future and Hitomi's decisions, this message doesn't hint/imply that Hitomi is going back in Korea soon or anything like that. Almost all goodbye messages have a part about "meeting again someday".

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    • Like Like x 3
  17. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    E0Gs8aCVEAI90LI.jpeg E0Gs86CVUAA-wbn.jpeg E0GpcLeWQAUIP9p.jpeg

Some pictures of Hitomi (plus Nako and Sakura) at Incheon Airport, on their way back to Japan. Credit to @Hitomi_story on twitter and IMBC news.

• Like Like x 1
  18. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    More about the driver's license:

"It is said that the time and cost required to obtain a license is less than half that of Japan, and a driver's license obtained in South Korea can be switched to a Japanese driver's license. However, there are conditions. Looking at the official website of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department, there is a statement that "a person who has stayed in that country for a total of 3 months or more after obtaining a license in a foreign country" as a qualification for switching, and "license" as a required document You must submit a "passport, etc." that confirms that you have stayed for a total of 3 months or more after obtaining your license. Honda's license was obtained on April 28, and the next day she left Korea and returned to Japan. From this, it can be inferred that she may have obtained a driver's license in South Korea because she is keeping in mind that she will continue to work in South Korea."

The rest of the article speculates on what Korean car she might buy if she returns to Korea.

https://encount.press/archives/166886/

• Like Like x 1
  19. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Or what cars the fans will buy her.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Jumparoo

Jumparoo Kenkyuusei

Hiichan's gotten some gifts, but she doesn't haul it in like Sakura.