IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    At this point is getting obvious that the group will continue, I can't see another reason for current investment to the group, and to the members that now are all composing.
    And it's obvious that if they continue, they won't be affiliated to the 48G anymore. And that would be just a formalism because they stopped being affiliated to the 48G since the end of last year.
    This PB release kind of confirms my speculation from months ago, when I said that there won't be more Japanese releases I meant that I didn't see the intention from Vernalossom to do that, and it still seems like it.
    It's pretty obvious that the 1st album was going to be the 4th single originally and both Beware and Waiting seems to be recorded at that time. But since something happened (assuming the produce controversy) the project was cancelled by Vernalossom.
    Honestly, Twelve looks like a forced release, like if OTR wanted to release something Japanese so the group can promote there and because there were songs that were already purchased by OTR and recorded, and they weren't going to let that to go to waste.
    So OTR just recorded the other songs and produced the MV for the lead song, jacket covers, etc.
    All of that means that Vernalossom doesn't want to work with IZ*ONE anymore and the fact that a PB is coming out instead of a single/album is a proof of that.

I guess if the group continues, I can see them joining Yoshimoto for JP activities.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  2. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    uh ?
    Unless I missed something, Vernalossom is still the mother company of all 48 groups. They just don't manage them directly anymore.
    So IZ*ONe is still afiliated to 48 groups.
    Also the J-line members are all still affiliated with their respective groups.

I'd make a parallel with some not super popular member who released a PB as a last gift to their fans.
    So last JP release, probably; proof they continue without the JP lanagement, not so sure for me.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    (ARCADE Ⅱ) Special EP 'Love Lane' - MAMAMOO (Cover by Chaewon, produced by Minju)

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Please elaborate on this

5. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    What I meant is that with the lack of association between IZ*ONE and the 48G it feels like they already stopped being affiliated to the 48G, I know IZ*ONE still is but it doesn't look like it specially when it's been more than a year since the last time they've collaborated with each other.

https://twitter.com/gnia2011/status/1229777402772914177?s=19

https://twitter.com/ultkkuchaen/status/1306638659135795200?s=19

Basically all the members will become not only lyricists but also composers of their own songs, in the last Hi-Touch Chaewon mentioned she's leading composing so it's a matter of time for all the members to create their own songs.
    And as I said before the amount of promotion the group has gotten since the middle of this year is way too big for a group that's going to disband in less than a year. Even for Twelve the promotion in Shibuya is too much for a group that will disband in 6 months.

6. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    That's just the Korean translation of the Japanese article talking about the Photobook. "First and Last" in the title is a question. The information that they used is what's already known about IZ*ONE that they were created from Produce 48, and that their activities will last two years and six months. What is important is that there hasn't been any official word about when they are scheduled to disband. I'm guessing there's a chance some news will come out in MAMA 2020.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Well, they sell (japan release) as much as most AKB sister groups, with 3 to 5 time less members.
    IZ*ONE is probably the most profitable group Vernalossom ever managed. It make sense to invest that much.
    Assuming there's going to be 1 more CD release in Japan, You can expect such a promotion level.
    Just wait and see.

8. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    There's no way a new CD release is coming in Japan, the Korean Comeback is on December, and this PB is on March, for April it's the "last Korean Comeback" so there would be space between January and February, that's a very short time considering how expensive the PB is. Unless it's digital release with the remaining song from the 4th single that wasn't included in Twelve.

And I didn't mean the promotion in Japan only, in general the proomotion and investment is way too big for a group with a limited time. But let's wait to see, only 6 months left.

9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    People should take note, when they translate this, that it's their first Japanese photbook. They already have 2 photobooks (3 if you count the D-icon ones).

Secret Time Photobook: https://www.amazon.co.uk/ONE-IZONE-12Photocards-24Stickers-Photocards/dp/B07P821761
    Secret Diary Photobook: https://www.amazon.co.uk/IZ-ONE-IZONE-Photobook-Photocards/dp/B085D8BGTY
    and the D-icon magazine photobook: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IZONE-IZ...on-Dispatch-Magazine-Photo-Book-/293642679123

I also doubt there will be another Japanese (music) release. One more Korean comeback for April (maybe another full album?), maybe a second Korean one squeezed in in January, but I doubt that one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jumparoo

Jumparoo Kenkyuusei

They will have a Korean comeback in December. It's pretty much been confirmed.

They will finish the second Korean trilogy sometime in the Spring.

I imagine they will try to fit in another concert either before or after the last Korean comeback. Perhaps both.

11. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Of course everything right now is conjecture but I would say there is no way Twelve was their last Japanese music release - it would have been announced as that because of their massive popularity. I will also say there is no way they are leaving 48G for izone. The members promised to come back after 2 1/2 years, plus the members are still talking about 48G activities and Nako/Sakura have brought up the new theater more than once. If they graduate to go to Korea it will not be for izone and it will be atleast a year, probably a year and a half, after disbandment.

I think at this point if izone continues it will be only on a part time basis. 1-2 singles a year. One Japanese one Korean. Other than that the girls will go back to their respective groups and activities. In that case Vernalossom will continue to manage their Japanese activities because that was the deal to get the Japanese members the first time - that will have to be the deal again. Twelve is not an example of their management changing - it’s a sign of they couldn’t go to Japan to make the album b/c of COVID so they did the best they could to get something out. That being said I still think they will disband and Twelves “best of” type release is a sign that they were just trying to get something out to extend their paycheck because izone is rapidly coming to an end. The photobook is just that and doesn’t really need in person promotion so that won’t be the last Japanese release.

My prediction of the schedule:
    December - Korean Comeback
    Mid/Late Feb- Final Japanese Full Album & Concert(?)
    April- Final Korean Album/“official disbandment” (should be about April 21st based on the October 20, 2018 exclusive contract start. )
    June - Final Concert. I also think there will be a digital goodbye single w/ no promotion. (Like IOI did with Downpour) it will released simultaneously in Japan/Korea.

—-
    edit:

To further fuel my April 2021 disband prediction the photobook will have a “12-month calendar starting in April”- why April? Normally if your going to release a calendar in a month not in January it in July. I bet this is a “have 1 more year with izone” type thing.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I agree with most of what you've said, but the calendar starting in April has nothing to do with it. The calendars that were included in their Korean photobooks also started in April. I also remember Yamaguchi Maho releasing a calendar earlier this year, which started in April. I think it's pretty common over there because of how the school year is designed.

I guess it's similar to how some calendars here in Europe start in August or September because it aligns with a school year. Not sure about calendars in North America and I doubt strongly that calendars in the southern hemisphere would start in any other month. But yeah, it's not anything to do with disbandment, most likely.

13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    In the US, calendars typically go by the calendar year, but planners often don't. Some examples: "Monthly academic planner covers a 14-month date range from July 2020 to August 2021"; "Monthly planner covers a 15-month date range from December 2020 to February 2022"; "The 14 Month Calendar 2020 book starts in December 2019 and ends in January 2021."

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    2020 MAMA - Star Countdown D-30 (English hardsubs):

• Like Like x 1
  15. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

• Like Like x 1
  16. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    What's up with the hairdo? XD

Anyways if they continue in a form of part-time izone, expect loads of korean and intl. fans flooding into 48g ecosystem

maybe a beginning of a new era?

17. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

The news of their new comeback on this december already becoming a hot topic on social media atm, still waiting for otr confirmation about it, they keep maintaining a good numbers of album production for 2 years in a row, hopefully they'll work with Mospick again, their work for IZ*ONE till now was so damn perfect

18. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    It's official btw https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20201110090933786

Speaking about d word, according to OTR and Swings, "We haven't discussed it yet" https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20201110093544946
    Prepare to be trolled like Wanna One in their final months :hehe:

==================

19. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

And now, news bout cj secretly contacting the members agencies for contracts extension of IZ*ONE are circulated:^^;: Not surprising, all of the previous PD groups got such offers, the only things left is those agencies decision, 9/12 of the members doesn't have a ties with any particular gg, only rumors, like those case with EG and RCPC, but they are not part of those gg from the beginning anyway, they might maintain the groups somehow next year, moving as subunit temporarily, and reunite as full team when they decide to release a new album, the possibility and opportunity are back open again for them
    https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/076/0003656666

Edit :

OTR also announced that IZ*ONE has joined UNIVERSE, a new global entertainment platform made by by game company NCSOFT, IZ*ONE is the first artist to join and other artist willl be announced later
    https://twitter.com/into__universe/status/1326691177995776000
    https://www.instagram.com/into__universe/?igshid=jn730h7ftykx

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

IZ*ONE ARCADE Ⅱ EP.14

• Like Like x 1