JKT48 RIVAL(s)

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by too much idea, Jun 10, 2013.

1. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    ^ i think that kind idea is kinda ridiculous or even totally nonsense. How could be an akb sister group(jkt) which clearly have native jpop vein adopting local jpop group style. Even nogi as akb "rival" have near identical style with akb, and that's not a problem at all.

2. Kenichi Adam

Kenichi Adam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nabilahratnaayuazalia
    Ridiculous?! I think not. Just because they are sister group does not mean they can't be innovative when it comes to creativity. If JKT48 is too rigid, then heed my words, they won't prevail or even go any further beyond Indonesia/Japan. Even some Japanese fans have expressed their interest to see JKT48 comes out with their originality; they have quite an expectation to see JKT48 stands out even more than AKB48 and all other sister group because JKT48 is simply UNIQUE and unlike their Japanese counterparts even SNH48. SNH48 is too much alike in appearances and performances to AKB48 as well as other Japanese sister groups. I, share the same sentiment as these Japanese fans. Are you feeling me?!

Just for your better understanding, Yasushi Akimoto is first and foremost a marketer not an entertainer (genuine musician/artists). He is not selling music but business model - "Idol you can meet" - if you understand the lyrics of 48 group songs which were mostly written by him, you can't call any 48 group songs a masterpiece. The songs may have catchy tunes but not all is inspirational. Therefore, it does not matter what kind of music style JKT48 adopt as long as they stick to Yasushi's business model, i.e., "Idol you can meet", I don't see any problem.

Oh by the way, where do you think popular (pop) musics originates? There is no such thing as J-pop or K-pop. Their musics are also heavily influenced by American/Western music, just in case you haven't notice!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  3. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Well too bad if they ever get an original single it'll be from Aki-P and it will still be identical to Jpop music, since that is what made JKT itself unique to Indonesia

And how can you say SNH48 is too much alike to J-Idols when they're clearly look more like Kpop, even the man in charge of their operations in Shanghai said that they're going for the Kpop look rather than Jpop

4. Kenichi Adam

Kenichi Adam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nabilahratnaayuazalia
    There you go. You have said it yourself. So it's okay for SNH48 to go their own way but not JKT48?! Aren't you being paradox?!

Unique? Which part is unique: the music or the concept of "Idol you can meet"?! I don't see anything unique about Jpop (by the way there's no such thing as Jpop because even japanese popular musics are heavily influenced by American/Western music) and I also don't see anything unique about the concept of "idol you can meet"; their just some reality show meets with American Idol or Brits Got Talent! Both are merely fad that will wane someday and not a trendsetter. You are unique when you do something iconic and which is identifiable with you. You are not unique if you're just a copycat of others. Are you feeling me?!

{p.s.: how big is japanese popular culture otakus in Indonesia: hundreds thousands or millions?}

5. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

There you go. You have said it yourself.
    You can't be unique when you only adopt others music. Aren't you being paradox too?! lol jk.
    "Idol pop" music is actually narrow in terms of melody spectrum, there's a term of "generic idol song" for it.

You want JKT48 to be original? You will see them challenge other music genre more often than today. Covering non-48G song that is popular here or as you said, "Popular music heavily influenced by American/Western Music".
    Original Single? they just need a nod from 48G HQ to make a collaboration single with Indonesian composer. It's easier said than done still.

PS: You won't be able to count it, believe me. Their portion that willing to buy JKT48 goods are probably a minor percentage :)

6. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Are there any similar artist like jkt48 at Indonesia? I specifically mention Indonesia in case you haven't notice JKT48 formed in Indonesia not US, Britain, Japan or Azeroth lol.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-pop
    Is that mean those wikipage mean only bs? :rofl:

7. Kenichi Adam

Kenichi Adam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nabilahratnaayuazalia
    And you believe everything on the wikipedia?!:rofl:Hey, kiddo I can understand if you want to distinguish Japanese popular music from the western popular music. But, historically Jpop was born from western popular music; the genre is still the same ,THAT IS, popular music! Get it?! Are you feeling me?! Apparently you are born yesterday! Sorry to disappoint you, kid, but I have live much longer than you and I have been through the heyday of popular music as well as era of turmoil.;)

8. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Between registered wiki literature compared to your "opinion":hehe: hell yeah wikipedia all the way (as cheeky as possible):hehe:.
    Wow you really do know i was born yesterday !
    Anyway you could answer my question at your quoted massage:corr:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  9. Kenichi Adam

Kenichi Adam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nabilahratnaayuazalia
    'Idol Pop' genre, seriously? Are you a musician? Because I don't hear any difference in your so called 'idol pop' genre, all I hear is a mixed of rock and roll, a little bit of techno, but still, part of popular music genre. It seems that you don't understand my argument. Did I say create a new music genre (although that would be good)?! I really have no problem listening to Japanese popular musics as long as it has artistic value. Let me give you a bit of example, Van Halen isn't the only heavy metal group in America, but what distinguished them is their style of music and their performance. Most other heavy metal bands are too common and that's why Van Halen stood out and managed to prevail a few years more than a decade (since 1979). When fans hear their music, oh, they can immediately identify the music style to Van Halen. When I suggest JKT48 to adopt Lumina Scarlet kind of music, I'm not saying to copy exactly their music; certainly , they need to make some adjustment.

Management-wise, I understand it involves a lot of politics to get the green light to go on a different path. But hey, it doesn't hurt to make a suggestion for the better. Unless you have better idea than mine?!

Here some music clip of Van Halen for you to enjoy:

if the video does not show watch the video here

10. Kenichi Adam

Kenichi Adam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nabilahratnaayuazalia
    Becareful there, kid. The sources for wikipedia came from general public. There is a certain amount or extent of information in it is legit/credible but some you ought to be suspicious or take with grain of salt; since, the contributions can come from a group of scholars in their respective field or it can come from opinions of people like you! But for the interest of our discussion, notwithstanding how 'jpop' came to be, it still a popular music! Get it?! Are you feeling me?!:corr:

11. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    You so right mr expert, i will be careful to not swallow any information from smart ass people ..ゲラゲラ
    Still you not answering my humble question!

12. Kenichi Adam

Kenichi Adam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nabilahratnaayuazalia
    Just to satisfy your curiosity, I assume you do notice that whatever information put out on wikipedia must be from verifiable sources. If the sources are unverifiable a tag [citation needed] is put. You can click the number at every end of the sentences to see the list of sources. I suggest you read the sources ; however before you read the source materials make sure the writer is credible first by ascertaining their background in particular field like "Historian of popular musics"! IT IS YOU who suggest that the wikipedia is bullshit not me?!:corr: The onus is on you to answer your own question, silly kid!:corr::1st:

13. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Pardon me mr expert after your wall of text, but that is not the question i meant. This is the one
    "Are there any similar artist like jkt48 at Indonesia? "

14. Kenichi Adam

Kenichi Adam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nabilahratnaayuazalia
    Oh, I'm sorry. My mistake. As far as I know, nil, zilch. Why? Because they aren't girlband but idol group?! Is the difference matter? Both are singing and dancing groups; oh, I forgot JKT48 is a singing and dance troupe!:glare: Well, since you have brought this question up, I think I may have to reconsider my preference? Maybe I should change my preference to Lumina Scarlett. I believe they have potential and their songs so far sounds even better than some of JKT48. Thank you for the realization.:flower:

15. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    ^Ehh only those kind of local group like LS? Since mr expert "believe" that jkt JPOP music or IDOL GROUP concept are not unique, so i thought your answer would be that any dance and singing troupe will be similar? :confused:

16. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

My mistake, I guess you didn't hear enough idol related song, apart from Lumina Scarlett?
    Have you ever involved in the mix chant of fans when idol sing? Just curious.:)
    I'm pretty sure it's your opinion. I respect that, But even metal genre has divided into death metal, glam metal, and such.

Ah, and regarding Van Helen, you might have known this but their lead single, the one that become international hit is regarded even by their fans as hard rock music, not heavy metal at all.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Just goes to show that even Van Helen also skim/step into another music genre before they find their own style.
    Ahh, did I directly against your suggestion?:)

Because actually, that's every 48G sister group problem right now, the unability to compose their original song.
    Every song comes from Aki-P. They can do cover song from another source, but that's it.
    How can JKT48 even adopt Lumina Scarlett style, for example, when they are NOT allowed to adjust it?

Green light, man. They just need a green light to even make your suggestion viable.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Foxcombat

Foxcombat Kenkyuusei

The only good thing about this absurd idea is it will never happened, hilarious.
    "this kind of music"

18. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Yeah SNH got their own way but their music is still JPOP MUSIC TRANSLATED TO CHINESE JUST LIKE JKT'S MUSIC IS JPOP MUSIC TRANSLATED TO INDONESIAN

and i said that because you sad SNH look just like their JPN48 counterparts, and the truth they're not (you should see the backlash SNH got when they do exactly like you said they have operated the whole time)

And for unique music, either you never listened to Indonesian popgroups or you're living in another dimension, cause girl groups doing songs like RIVER, KwF, Beginner is unique in Indonesia (why di you think they do Beginner for their latest single??? To recreate the RIVER boom)

now i even wonder why you're in a forum called Stage48 which is a forum for the 48g when you obviously don't know how the 48g works

Now, are there any girl groups in Indonesia that does songs like RIVER, Beginner, KwF, SeiJama????? are there any girl groups in Indonesia that does theater shows????? are there any girl groups in Indonesia that does HS events????? And last but not least, ARE THERE ANY GIRL GROUP IN INDONESIA THAT HAVE 70-ISH MEMBERS?????

19. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    now i even wonder why you're in a forum called Stage48 which is a forum for the 48g when you obviously don't know how the 48g works

20. Chuu

Chuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    These 2 pvs and songs are gunning the top for stuff that makes people cringe, JKT can cover Yasai Sisters and Hajimete no Boring Drive meanwhile gurgling their mouth and still sound better than this inspiring-aidoru group and I don't even like JKT lol