JKT48 Sub Team: Recruiting Contributors!

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by PooPyon, Sep 6, 2015.

1. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    I'm Nara, and I want YOU to be on my subbing team! :D

First up: as a JKT fan that's not living in Indonesia right now, it's kinda apparent that there are lots of materials available from JKT online (life isn't just about theatre shows and handshake events, guys!), so I thought the average 48 fan online would have no problem getting into the group. Unfortunately, it seems like the international audience just isn't going to get into JKT because of the lack of subbed content - they can't get to know the girls like they did with AKB and the other sister groups.

That's why I thought, why don't we provide them with subs ourselves? I whipped up a quick Tumblr page and did my very first Indonesian translation: the 26th episode of #K3PoinOshi (still in the form of soft-sub, since I can't encode right now - more on that later), and it really isn't that hard. I've emailed Angga(? are you in this forum?) from JKT48Stuff to collaborate on subbing JKT48 Journal as well, and I'm currently halfway done with that project.

However, it wouldn't be a team if I was the only one who works on the contents. I'm quite certain that if we get a few more timers/translators/encoders, we'll get things done quicker and with higher quality as well!

What I'm looking for now are (in order of urgency):
    • ENCODERS(!!!) Really, really urgent, you guys. I did a few translations, but I'm unable to incorporate the soft subs into the video to make a hard-subbed video. I usually use MeGui on my laptop, but that one's currently busted and I only have my Microsoft Surface, which unfortunately doesn't handle encoding all too well.
    • Timers: If you don't know how to do this, I'll gladly teach you! It really isn't difficult at all, trust me.
    • Translators: There's a special test for this, but the gist is you need to be fluent in both English and Indonesian!
    That's about it! Please leave a message in this thread or PM me if you're interested! :)

(PS. I use Aegisub for subbing)

2. daikirai

daikirai Kenkyuusei

Sign me up as a translator ;)

3. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    Hi! Thank you for expressing your interest; I've sent you a PM! :D

#K3PoinOshi ep.26 is now subbed in English!

tumblr_nu9dfxSLZ71ufemv7o1_1280.jpg

MinLid and MinYon are now senbatsu members! Follow them as they roam the sets of JKT48′s new music video, Halloween Night, and make small talks with the “spirits” there. We have cute girls transforming into scary (albeit still adorable) monsters and ghosts, and there are also the appearance of the legendary 4-member unit, 4 Durian (also known as SNSD - Sendy, Naomi, Siti, Dhike) in this episode!

Check it out here! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
  4. haruka is harugon

haruka is harugon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakagawaharuka
    im interested too

5. ants

ants Kenkyuusei

hi , i'm appreciated of u'r work bro. my internet connection is very slow, and i'cant help u at this time. i hope if my int connection good, iwill help u.

and one more time, i very appreciated of all for this.

ganbate....

6. RacerMCMXCVII

RacerMCMXCVII Kenkyuusei

I wouldn't mind helping here and there...

7. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    Hi, contacted you through PM! :D

For some reason I can't send you a PM lol. What job are you willing to take? :) The positions available are: translators, encoders+uploaders, and timers. Looking forward to hearing from you!

8. RacerMCMXCVII

RacerMCMXCVII Kenkyuusei

I wouldn't mind helping with translations. My Indonesian skills aren't the best in the world, but they can get the point across.

9. ChocolateMochii

ChocolateMochii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aliciachanzia
    If you guys are taking suggestions i think it would be good to do the elections and the documentary

10. RacerMCMXCVII

RacerMCMXCVII Kenkyuusei

any news on this sub team?

11. animevoicejanai

animevoicejanai Kenkyuusei

there are three member's project to sub.
    -K3poinOshi
    -Devil's Attack
    -Sister's Project

kepoin oshi & devils attack right now inconsistent release. but sister's project still consistent.

12. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    Hi guys! Apologies for the lack of updates; I've been busy with mid exams this week, but today's my last day so we should be getting back on track with releases and such. Here's a few things that's been happening with #TeamFar:
    • Big, big thanks for @Rizza Aulia Rahman's tip on how to encode raw subtitles to the videos! :D
    • There's been several responses in my inbox about this project, but unfortunately I haven't the time to reply to them all. With that said, I've managed to choose a new member for our team: please welcome @daikirai as our new translator!
    • I'm revising the way I'm translating JKT48 Journal; I used to strive for accuracy (meaning appropriate word-per-word translation), but I've realized that it doesn't make the reading process for native English speakers natural at all. Upon watching several English-subbed Indonesian content (The Act of Killing, Laskar Pelangi, etc), I decided that it's best to focus on coherency and the overall "feel" of the conversations. This of course, means that I'm redoing and revising my translations from the beginning, so my progress goes from around 50% to 20% lmao (;;^ ^v)
    • I've seen clips of the "showdown" between Sendy and Jupe on KDI - might be worth subbing that, what do you guys think?
    • I've uploaded #K3PoinOshi to my personal channel on YouTube, but it totally slipped my mind how unprofessional that is. After I'm through with tweaking our Tumblr page, I'll be sure to make a YouTube & Dailymotion account.
    • ((Can someone tell Show48 that each and every one of their vids aren't working lol. It is the only widely-known 48-based video platform where we can promote our releases))
    As #K3PoinOshi is the only web series that's uploaded to the official channel, we're currently trying to sub their recent releases (up to letters to Naomi?). We're literally a team of 2 people right now, so manpower is kind of lacking; after we're through with Journal, SSK, and the latest #K3PoinOshi eps, we'll try to get our hands on the other member-based webshows!

13. YuiNounen

YuiNounen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    hello guys!
    so glad to see another jkt48 subbing team.
    im currently solo subbing jkt48's video under the name of YuiNounen
    if you need any help dont be shy to contact me, i can help with the translation or the encoding :)

14. ShortHairTeam

ShortHairTeam Kenkyuusei

I really appreciate, unfortunately my laptop was being repaired.

when my laptop is back, I want to learn to be timers ;)

Keep it up bro :cool:

15. furukaze

furukaze Kenkyuusei

You might wanna consider releasing the subtitled video to Hello!Online BitTorrent Tracker also.

It's where international fans usually get their idol fix even before AKB existed.

16. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    Working on #K3PoinOshi ep. 27! (The whole 20mins of it, phew)

[​IMG]

17. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    #K3PoinOshi ep. 27 is now subbed!

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  18. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    ^ most appreciated work

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

19. hanicha

hanicha Kenkyuusei

at 0:54 I think Kinal said "kita akan mengupas semuanya" therefore the translation is not "I will change everything".

LOL at 12:39 :
    Kinal: *confused and laughing at what Via and Sisil said* I regret inviting them (to this show).

LOL :lol: Devils Attack attack K3poin Oshi

20. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    I heard "mengubah" instead of "mengupas" :fp: Apologies.