Kashiwagi Yuki (Yukirin)

Discussion in 'AKB48 Members' started by issa, Jun 20, 2007.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    She isn't DYING :eek:

Keep in mind you need a JP phone number when you apply for tickets already (this was my hold-up when I wanted to apply for tickets for the concerts the past weekend). You won't know your phone number until you also receive the physical sim card.

Mobal and other services are happy to ship the phone number to you if you live in specific countries, but you need to provide them with specific proof of residence. For example, for the UK, you need to show a photo of your UK issued driver's license, which shows your address. This was also my crux because I'm a EU citizen, have an EU driver's license, not a UK one.

I just downloaded the app and as expected, it's not available to download for me. Luckily, I have android and downloading an APK is very simple.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    'Making' video from Weekly Playboy:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 4
  3. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Weekly Playboy ‘making’ from Yukirin’s channel:

• Like Like x 4
  4. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Yukirin at a special event for her cosmetics brand upink:

She said about her graduation that "the timing coincided when I realized I had done enough" but she wants to continue music activities in the future.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. rmn89

rmn89 Member

after few days of trying to swallowing the hard pill that is her graduation announcement. i finally did it.

i just wish she will participate for at least another 2 singles. one single, and then her graduation single. + best graduation concert.

6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Her graduation concert is scheduled for March, and AKB nowadays takes around 6 months between each release (I wish they would release more often and have more than 2 releases by year, but we're not there yet ._.). So at most, she can get one final single, which would be her graduation single, but it's not sure. They had a single just now so the next one will probably be around March or April and that would be too late to have Yukirin center it, unless they release earlier than usual. Let's see...

7. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    If AKB were still in its 2018 era, I'd be absolutely certain Yukirin would be getting a grad single. These days, I'm not so sure anymore. Nobody has gotten a grad single in a long time now, even members that I thought deserved it. I'm actually somewhat doubtful she'll get a grad single... but I do hope for a grad song as a B-Side at least

8. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    "How to maintain the mental state acquired through 17 years of being an idol!"

• Like Like x 1
  9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I didn't win tickets for Yukirin's gradcon :( Will wait until the 6th to see if I get cancel machi tickets, if not, the 6th is also the last day to apply for round 2 of fanclub applications. There's 8 hours in between cancel machi winners being announced and the 2nd application round ending, so that's what I'm going for. F91uncyWIAA4SkP.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@bonjourmarlene Good luck! Hopefully you get tickets!

I watched the videos of Yukirin's special event for her brand (that were shared here recently), and she was asked about her graduation. She said some of the reasons why she decided to graduate now, one reason is that when looking at the current AKB, she thought that she wants these members to be the ones to see her graduate. I actually never thought of this but this makes sense... I mean, for me, Yukirin could probably continue being idol for longer lol. But what if she stayed like 2-3 more years, and the only members left would be mostly 17th gens and after o_o That would be awkward and too much of a gap with her, not just in terms of age but especially for how many years they've been in the group. Right now there are still some members who have been here for 10-12 years, which is not too far from Yukirin's 17 years. She knows these girls for very long and worked with them for all those years, so I understand that she would like to graduate now and have these members as the ones who will see her leave.

Another reason she gave is that AKB members are working hard to be more known, and she thought that if she graduates, it could be maybe easier for them to grow and get popular. I'm not sure about this, like I don't know if it actually helps more if she leaves, because she is pretty much the most relevant and it definitely helped the group. But well, yes, maybe it can be good for the girls, after all, with this graduation, it's really "the end" of the past AKB. So AKB will feel a lot more "new". and also, there will be one more free senbatsu spot lol.

She was also asked if she talked about her graduation to current or graduated members, before announcing. She said that for current members, she told Miion. They talked about it, and worked on the concert together. She said the other members didn't really know (but well... there was that article with the rumor so I guess the other members kinda guessed it...). As for graduated members, she said that she told it to members of her generation (didn't mention names >.<) and to Sasshi and Miichan, around 6 months before the announcement. She said that she planned to tell them again right before announcing, but she forgot or something XD

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Everyday autumn and winter makeup with her 'upink' brand products:

• Like Like x 1
  12. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Does she own this upink or just collaboration?

13. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    She's definitely the brand's producer but ownership seems to link to a Rakuten company called Rainmaker.

14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

This is random but I was looking for something on Twitter and I somehow found this tweet which says: "I watch Yukirin's YouTube everyday. I didn't know anything about AKB other than Yukirin. I kept watching YouTube and the AKB girls were so cute that I ended up following them on Instagram. Omori Maho and Kuranoo Narumi are cute!"

I think Yukirin talked about AKB members or featured them on her channel quite a lot of times, and this probably helped the girls to get fans, but I just never really saw someone directly mention it (I also never really search for it or check all the comments but yes XD) so it's very nice to read that her channel and her popularity helped other members to have new fans ;D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Ahh thank you, it's nice to see idols being entrepreneur besides working in entertainment.

16. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    A short video to promote her solo concerts ("I really want you to come to them"):

• Like Like x 1
  17. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Article from MyNavi News about the video she posted yesterday:
    https://news.mynavi.jp/article/20231113-2817634/

DeepL translation:

• Informative Informative x 2