Kato Rena (Renacchi) / 10th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Naomi, Jun 29, 2010.

1. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Re: Kato Rena / 10th Generation

Saved. :mrgreen:

Thanks Renacchi's crying and smiling in the same time is good piece. And congratulations to her why didn't they just announce it together with the other last May ahh!! must be to make it sweeter, and indeed it was for her especially in this photo.

2. Mushi

Mushi Kenkyuusei

Re: Kato Rena / Team 4

Hi guys. Still so new around here and still wading through the pictures and videos of so many girls. Just wanted to check something. Starting at 0:16 in this video, isn't that Rena singing the opening solo?

[edit]- Removed video, it was taken down. That didn't take long. :(

3. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

It is her, I would vouch for that. ;)

4. Mushi

Mushi Kenkyuusei

Cool! Thank you, kimunlimited.

I'm really liking her. In watching the whole 3+ hour video of the SSA concert, she was the one who made me sit up and go, "Hey, who's that?" :) It's kinda' cool that I "discovered" her on the weekend that she gets promoted.

The video stream of the concert wasn't that great, but I managed to get a somewhat decent screen shot of her.

As I was reading through this thread I noticed that most of the videos posted are either private or removed for copyright reasons. So I found a couple to add that I thought were nice.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuDYsertpNQ[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LxWWIvlbjs[/yt]

Hope I'm not overdoing it here. :p

Congratulations on your promotion, Renacchi! [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Mushi

Mushi Kenkyuusei

This is probably old news for many of you, but I found another video that I really enjoyed.
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjgzNzQ3MzM2.html

It's a Team 4 stage set but it focuses on Rena for her 14th birthday, the cameras spend a lot of time following her. Fast forward to 112:0 and you see them sing happy birthday to her. Shortly after that she gets emotional and starts crying. I would really love it if someone could post a transcript of what she says, or at least a brief description.

And for the performance of Oogoe Diamond at SSA (that was in the YouTube vid that got taken down), you can see it here (thanks to yic17 for posting it in the concert thread).
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpn6mh ... rt-5_music

Oogoe Diamond starts at 2:15. I think it's worth putting here because she looked and sounded fantastic standing out in that huge arena, doing a solo part. 10 seconds that made me sit up and pay attention.

I kinda' wonder if that decision may have been a precursor to the announcement of her promotion the following day.

Attached Files:

6. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

I just found this image in the gallery that Discotheque posted and had to comment on it.

[​IMG]

What is she doing? I can't really tell if she's crying or simply trying her hardest to muster a smile.

7. A93x

A93x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena

^ From watching the AKB48+1 documentary, i would assume thats when the girls got their injections. not sure if shes crying, or happy, sort of looks like she is just grimacing from the needle? it was kind of funny seeing it, but also kind of weird, i mean, do the members really need to be recorded whilst having a needle?

or i could be wrong, and she just couldn't find a toilet in time :hehe:

8. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

Yeah, that's definitely the injection. She looks like she's enjoying it, a little pretty masochistic Idol. :hehe:

9. Mushi

Mushi Kenkyuusei

Enjoying it? To me that expression looks more like she's thinking, "C'mon, just get it over with."

10. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

Well, everyone got their own interpretations and preferences. ;)

I prefer she enjoys. [hehe]

11. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

OMG I FEEL LIKE WE NEED TO BE BFFs CAUSE YOUR COMMENT PLUS YOUR ICON IS FLAWLESS.

Thank you so much for the LOD, I'll make sure I watch it soon.

I'm going to sound like a creepy netizen but she looks so pretty even when she's getting a jab. :inlove:

12. Mushi

Mushi Kenkyuusei

Yes! Found a video of Nagisa no Cherry with Renacchi at center. I saw it mentioned on page 2, but it was another YouTube vid that had been pulled.

http://www.justin.tv/newtonlee/b/303336608

I just love her voice and have been wanting to hear more of it solo. She doesn't have a "strong" voice, but it's clear and sweet and captivating.

Glad someone else is happy to watch it. I didn't even realize what a LOD was when I posted that. :D

13. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Ah that's the performance where I first noticed her. She was so sweet there. She's going to grow up to be the prettiest girl in AKB one day!

14. wotapota

wotapota Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

My Japanese is far from perfect, but she was saying something in this direction.

Asked "your goals for this year":
    Asked "word for your fans", I didn't catch the whole thing (bad speech hearing + crying while talking -> very hard for me to hear word-to-word), but she was very humble about herself and thanked her fans for supporting "someone like her".

Rena seems very promising, I hope she gets more of those chances now that she is in team 4. :)

15. Mushi

Mushi Kenkyuusei

Thank you sooo much!

Aww... now that just makes me feel all choked up. *sniff*

Humility is a very attractive quality. I got the feeling that when she started crying the most and her voice started getting really squeaky that she was trying to express some very sincere gratitude. Then it was so cute how excited she was at the end when she was running to the far ends of the stage for her final bows and "arigatou gozaimashita!"

What a sweet girl. :inlove:

----
    Would someone be so kind as to translate Renacchi's blog post from the 24th please?
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/112984877710421269938/posts

I looked at it through Google Translate and one line came out as "Is this reality? What a dream?" I'm guessing it's about her getting promoted.

----
    Stealing this from the Team 4 thread because it NEEDS to be here. Renacchi starting at 0:02.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0a-T_hixrE[/yt]

I like the extreme closeup.

And the latest image from her at G+.

What a sweet face.

Attached Files:

16. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Girl, you just triple posted. Lol.

I watch the ads and I'm glad that Team 4 is finally getting the push. Hopefully Kato Rena can be seen in the PV with 32 other girls floating around. I'm rooting for her over Iwata Karen!! (The two of them seem to be the most promising new members)

17. Mushi

Mushi Kenkyuusei

Ehh? It's been 3 days since my last post here. Pardon me for being an enthusiastic newb. Oh, and it's not "girl." ;)

18. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Ooops sorry Mr Mushi. Eh I'm not exactly a veteran but I think people don't like it when there are double posts since you can just edit it. But you are giving her thread a much needed bump so I guess it's ok with me! :inlove:

Can't wait for the newly completed Team 4 to have their first full stage performance together! [party]

19. Mushi

Mushi Kenkyuusei

Yeah, I kinda' figured it would look like I was hogging the thread, but I got impatient waiting for someone else to give her a bump. :p Suppose I should get used to it, knowing her popularity is low... for now.

20. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

She's going to explode by the end of this year! I hope she ranks in < 30 this year. She probably will. The song from the Puccho CM should also probably be in Manatsu no Sounds Good and that would be a great push for her. Anyway she looked extremely cute passing it to Maeda!