Single Keyakizaka46 3rd [Futari Saison] (2016/11/30)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 30, 2016.

1. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    what? Obviously "perfectly normal" teeth are fine. We were talking about more severe things like yaeba that are considered cute but could actually cause a problem later on. anyway derailed~

2. jokoyamajui

jokoyamajui Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nagasawananako
    Actually we're talking about differences in cultural aesthetics. The discussion wasn't limited to your discussion about "bad teeth". Sorry but, Yaeba is not even "severe". There may be "severe" cases of yaeba, but yaeba in and of itself is not "severe" and will not necessarily lead to problems. My point is people shouldn't feel pressured to "fix" their teeth if there isn't a problem. This conversation started about Yone's teeth. If Yone's teeth aren't an issue, she shouldn't have to get them "fixed". If they aren't causing any issue then they are "perfectly fine" but you still contend they aren't. So you can't "what" me and state "normal" teeth are fine when you obviously don't think they are fine. And that, once again, is a discussion about differences in cultural evaluation of teeth.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  3. drazaar

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    how do i obviously not think normal teeth are fine? lol. As I said before I thought you were talking about worse cases, not people with good teeth that aren't totally straight like myself. Even if they aren't straight, doesn't mean they don't look cute/good, merely pointing out reasons that would support them if they chose to get it fixed. If it doesn't cause a problem then there's no reason too~

4. jokoyamajui

jokoyamajui Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nagasawananako
    Well then there isn't anything to discuss! I do think my statement was misinterpreted indeed. It was more about forcing a standard aesthetic that has more to do with cosmetics than any real health concerns. That's the way Atreyu (and riduch) began the conversation, after all.

Anyway... now I'm reading a lot of interesting articles on the Japanese web about teeth out of curiosity, so it was a positive interaction. [hehe]

I think Yone will be fine in popularity, but of course she sort of is an "alternative" relative to other girls in the group, so it is to be expected that she can never get too high. I actually disagree with Atreyu and I think her skills are easily marketable, but that doesn't mean they'll catch on with a large audience. I suppose if your definition of easily marketable = the traits that will get the most attention, then maybe. But, in my opinion, her traits make it easy to market it to a niche audience looking for that exact thing! So, I think if management cares to, she can cultivate a pretty decent audience.

5. kyuudere

kyuudere Kenkyuusei

Back to the topic.

Here is the result of 3rd week's HS sales.

CvwNgbtUsAAGEH4 (1).jpg

Keyakizaka46 3rd single 3rd round HS sales

Current rank. (Previous Rank.) Slots sold out/available +new slots available from round 4 (Sales increase) Members' name

01. (01.) 24/24+00 (+00) Imaizumi Yui (Sold out 1st round)
    01. (01.) 24/24+00 (+00) Hirate Yurina (Sold out 1st round)
    01. (01.) 24/24+00 (+00) Watanabe Rika (Sold out 1st round)
    04. (04.) 24/24+00 (+00) Sugai Yuuka (Sold out 2nd round)
    04. (04.) 24/24+00 (+00) Nagahama Neru (Sold out 2nd round)
    04. (04.) 24/24+00 (+00) Watanabe Risa (Sold out 2nd round)
    04. (07.) 24/24+00 (+00) Kobayashi Yui (Sold out 2nd round)
    04. (08.) 24/24+00 (+00) Uemura Rina (Sold out 2nd round)
    04. (09.) 24/24+00 (+16) Shida Manaka (Sold out 2nd round)
    10. (10.) 24/24+00 (+02) Moriya Akane (Sold out!)
    10. (10.) 24/24+00 (+02) Koike Minami (Sold out!)
    10. (12.) 24/24+00 (+03) Nagasawa Nanako (Sold out!)

13. (13.) 23/24+00 (+12) Suzumoto Miyu
    14. (14.) 15/20+00 (+09) Harada Aoi
    15. (20.) 11/20+00 (+10) Satou Shiori
    16. (17.) 08/24+00 (+06) Habu Mizuho
    17. (15.) 06/06+06 (+00) Kato Shiho
    17. (15.) 06/06+06 (+00) Saito Kyoko

19. (18.) 05/06+00 (+03) Sasaki Kumi
    19. (21.) 05/06+00 (+03) Kakizaki Memi
    19. (na.) 05/06+00 (+05) Kageyama Yuuka
    20. (19.) 03/24+00 (+02) Ozeki Rika
    21. (na.) 02/06+00 (+02) Takamoto Ayaka

22. (na.) 01/24+00 (+01) Oda Nana
    22. (na.) 01/24+00 (+01) Yonetani Nanami
    22. (na.) 01/06+00 (+01) Ushio Sarina

na. (na.) *0/24+00 (+00) Ishimori Nijika
    na. (na.) *0/24+00 (+00) Saito Fuyuka
    na. (na.) *0/06+00 (+00) Iguchi Mao
    na. (na.) *0/06+00 (+00) Sasaki Mirei
    na. (na.) *0/06+00 (+00) Higashimura Mei
    na. (na.) *0/05+00 (+00) Takase Mana

380/573 (+63 since 2nd round, with 12 additional slots) Total [66%]

Sorry, but I don't have the data for 2nd single's 2nd week HS sales. Maybe @kanjo or anyone else can add that up. Thanks!

===
    Congrats to Akanen, Mii-chan, and Naako-chan :1st:
    The other Hiragana start to rise up (Kumi, Memi, Yuuka, Ayaka, and Sarina). Katoshi and Kyonko get additional slots, though they don't get any slots sold this week.

Suzumoto is really close to sold out her slots this week (just need 1 more slot!), Aoi-chan and Shii-chan also start giving results, both of them surpassed 10 slots this week. Only Fuu-chan left....I hope fans will start to pay more attention to her once the PV/dance choreography revealed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I got you ;)

250/379 (+130) Last single (Increase since the 3rd single 3rd round)

Congrats Hiraganas, Akanen, Miiko, Naako, Miyupon, Aachan and Shiichan! Very happy with this result even if the number has relatively slowed down

7. hart123

hart123 Member Stage48 Donor

Wow The Hiraganas are making their way..

8. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

I think the fact that Satoshi finally leaving bottom pit should be appreciated more since I assume Hiragana rise here could mean multiple oshihen case from the ever-dynamic Keyakizaka fandom.

Looking forward to next round.

Also, Obligatory Naako congratulation post.:banana:

9. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    Nanako!!

I'm happy to see Suzumoto doing really well as well!

poor Nijika...

10. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

That is actually what I mean with 'marketable': Something that can be sold easily to a larger audience, something profit can be made out of (which means that it attracts a large fandom and accordingly sells well). HS sales and popularity clearly hint towards that Yonesan is one of those who don't reach out so well to the public. Directing towards a niche of dedicated fans is one thing, but from an economic/business point of view it's less desirable. Under this aspect, Nijika, Fuu-Chan and Odanana have their niche and spot as well, but nobody would call this a real success. Accordingly, the market value of these members is lower, resulting in comparably cheap photosets, fewer HS slots and less public featurings.
    I was wondering whether the general image and expectations for women in Japanese society can partially explain why some members are struggling with getting more fans. Gender equality is valued less in Japan than in many western countries, resulting in a different idealized image for women. Often, women are expected to take a supporting role for men, not be assertive (even submissive at times) and awake "protective" instincts within men to motivate them to keep working hard. Natural 'cuteness' should do the rest to put sunshine over the lives of their partners/husbands.
    Idols sometimes are considered to represent idealized women, which means that those who don't fit the idealized image too well might find themselves getting less fans fans. This seems to make sense for Fuu-chan, Odanana and Yonetani: With their steadfast, confident and self-sufficient character, they represent personalities that are not valued that highly by men or expected from women in general. Under the assumption that the average idol wota puts even more emphasis on that, it kind of makes sense to me why they only have a minor fanbase.

On the other hand, this actually makes them exactly my type, but if we talk about marketability, it's the less desirable thing. It's only a theory on my part but I could think about this playing a role.
    Way to go, Satoshi and Aoi! Selling out looks quite possible. But Fuyuka and Nijika, the struggling two... I wish I had the possibility and apply for them and pay them a visit. I'm so sure that they are worth it - yet, it's not being recognized on a wider scale.

11. jokoyamajui

jokoyamajui Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nagasawananako
    @Atreyu This may sound crazy, but I think if one of those girls you listed at the bottom has a chance of separating from the bottom, it is Yone. Though, this may require some engineering, because I can see how Yone might come off as a turn off at times during the show to a large number of people... Still, I think out of those, who has some character that will allow her to grab the biggest niche that will propel her perhaps to Habu-zone. Now, that isn't necessarily a success! But I do think she may have the most maneuverability of the people at the bottom. Who do you think has the best shot out of the bottom girls?

12. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    Team 7 [Oda, Nagasawa, and Yonetani] are probably niche characters so they would have a shot if the niche group expands. Personally I want those 3 to have enough love to be happy, but not too much that they become too famous for me to see them heh.
    I worry for Nijika and Rika tho. Rika has some choice moments on kakenai, but Nijika needs to find a spot. I adore them all almost equally, so I worry sometimes.

13. zurichtime

zurichtime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    @kyuudere why is sato and harada only have 20 slots meanwhile the other Kanjis have 24 slots? Are they always have 20 slots from 1st /2nd single?

Sent from my Andromax C46B2H using Tapatalk

14. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Techi posted on her blog that the title of a new song (presumably the single) will be announced on KochiHoshi tonight (their regular radio show), plus a certain member who's good at drawing and some kind of focus on the Hiragana members*...?! But is that all, might we get the full song?

Original:
    http://www.keyakizaka46.com/mob/news/diarKijiShw.php?site=k46o&ima=0000&id=5930&cd=member

Today is
    Good evening.

There will be Kochihoshi from 24.20 (JST) late at night today.

The guest will be that one who's good drawing.

In today's broadcasting,

The title of the new song is ……………………………………………

Please listen to it!
    See you!

Do your best, (Hira)gana-chan!

cr. Mal @ZelkovaHill

And since many of you may (should) be interested in listening, Here's my Japanese radio tutorial I made for listening to the 2nd single's first broadcast.

vpn guide.png

Links for following tutorial:
    VPN download
    http://www.vpngate.net/en/download.aspx
    Radio website
    http://radiko.jp/

*Hiragana members comment was probably because of their Omotenashikai today.

15. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

I agree that if you would count Yonesan to the 'true bottom', she's the one that has the biggest potential to grow. After all, she has so many nice traits and just requires some more tuning and perhaps a bit of an image refreshment. That is quite possible because she's still among the youngest in the group and can meet the liking and expectations of some people. The latter aspect is difficult to estimate though; a character like Yonesan (bubbly, intelligent, scientist image) likely has better chances to become popular than a bold and headstrong type like Odanana/Fuu but how much, I don't know. It can't be measured because it depends on trends and fan personalities.

But actually, I've always seen her already one step above the bottom that consists of Odanana, Fuu and Nijika. One might even argue that Odanana is above the other two as they fall seriously behind in HS sales and have among the lowest public featurings (Nijika now has the Lotte commercials and her film but Fuu-chan...).

Shiori and Nagasawa-kun are the proof that when doing it properly, rising is not just a dream. Nagasawa-kun was received mediocre at the beginning but has firmly established herself during the 2nd single and sold out quickly this time (as expected), and Shiori worked her way up from the bottom to the lower middle and may go even higher. The whole group sells more and more and so pretty much everyone benefits of it, but some do more and some less depending on how they are received. And there, besides Yonesan, I'd say some of Hiragana Keyaki look like real hotshots now. That makes it interesting again whether the current Kanji/Hiragana system will be changed in the future and how.

16. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

Uemura :cute: I hope next single they'll push her to 2nd row

17. BlackSwan

BlackSwan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    Twitter:
    TaintedWingsFS
    Nice result for Saito Shiori.
    Happy for Uemura too. The 3rd row did not stop her popularity.
    As in ranking thread, I put Yonesan in my top7. I hope she can get more screen and some memorable moments in future.

18. drazaar

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    The drop off is a little rough when you get to the bottom. Poor girls, I'm sure it will pick up now that the top half is sold out. I didn't realize aoi was doing so well until I checked her hs in 2nd single and she was solid then too ha~

19. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    3rd single
    Futari Sezon
    ~"Our Season" (i.e. the season belonging to the two of us)
    or perhaps
    "Couple season"

It'll be different. Bright melody but a sad song.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  20. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    this HS competition is quite harsh, they all started together, most of them has the same quality, some low seller actually got more potential but the public says differently.
    the good thing is 13 out of 21 original gen1 are selling awesomely with, and 3 or them are also selling good.
    hope nanami,dani,nijika,fuyuka could progress real quick, 4 of them are full of potential.