Kizaki Yuria (Yuria) / SKE48 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Naomi, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
  2. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    I'm sure if she could have both, she would stay in SKE and pursue acting too, but it was a decision she was forced to make so it definitely won't be easy. She was hanging out with Akarin lately, so she's at least staying in touch with her friends still.

3. MurasakiSora

MurasakiSora Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

She looks fine to me after settling into Team 4. That video you linked was a filmed a bit after the grand shuffle so of course she'd miss SKE and want to go back then. Not saying she doesn't want to either right now but she fits in fine with Team 4 at the moment and she's having fun. Just watch a few Team 4 stages in which she appears and you can see she's enjoying herself.

Plus her dream is to become an actress which is what Tokyo offers her. If she went back to SKE, it would be harder for her to pursue her dream. We know she has contemplated graduating after finishing high school to move to Tokyo by herself. It's a hard choice but she's embraced this transfer which management is using to help her stay in the group while letting her follow her dreams so you can't really say they're denying her happiness. I suppose you could have given her kennin but then she'd be in Nagoya most of the time and not much would have changed in that case. And she still hangs out with her SKE friends when she has days off like Suda and Nishishi. In fact she visited the theatre last night for Yukko's graduation performance too so she still sees them now and then.

4. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    Don't know if she was tired or what but her last performances with akb she looks sad and dull, maybe this pursuit of her dream in tokyo result to be more hard than she thought, also isn't GTO over already, there are more seasons? I'm not into japanese dramas

5. MurasakiSora

You talking about the latest Music Station performance? She doesn't look sad nor dull to me plus she did come back from being sick a week ago (glad they let her get plenty of rest). You must have been concentrating on her if you even noticed her though, I dont think the camera even focused on her once in the past few Kibouteki Refrain performances sadly excluding the starting part. She might not be the most expressive member when she performs but not all members are either. Yes, GTO's already over and no there's no new seasons in the near future. Currently she's just doing her radio show I think.

6. paruru

paruru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    This is a very interesting interview :blush:. Also, is very very long, but totally worth reading.

[AKB48 Mobile] - Interview to Kizaki Yuria

[​IMG]
    An interview to Kizaki Yuria, who went through a shocking transfer from SKE48 during the [AKB48 Group Big Reformation].
    What changed in her, during the short and bustling period going from the moment of the transfer until now?
    And what is her current condition as she keeps on growing?

Kizaki Yuria, as the vice-captain of Team 4

What felt critical for her was not only the transfer to AKB, but also the fact that she was told she was going to become Team 4’s vice captain. What is a vice-captain supposed to be, in her opinion? What became her support in such a hard period, was the presence of a comrade of the same SKE generation, Suda Akari.

Interviewer: Thinking once more back at the Big Reformation, in which your transfer was announced, how do you feel?

Yuria: Back then I thought the Big Reformation would’ve had nothing to do with me, so I remember how I used to talk with the other members, saying things like: “Don’t you think this member will be transferred?” or “I wonder how SKE’s going to change after this”.
    In that period, I had been leaving interviews here and there, in terms of taking care of the future of SKE, so I really thought I was going to stay. Which is why I was startled, to the point not even a word could come out of my mouth. “Ah, so this is what it means to be left open-mouthed”, I thought.

In the midst of that all, what felt really grave to me was to be appointed as “vice-captain”.
    It felt so heavy. Even someone like me, who didn’t know much about AKB, was fully aware that Team 4 was a Team built with a focus on the future, on what’s yet to come. So I immediately realized how to be entrusted with the position of the vice-captain for such a Team was a really big thing.
    A hard task, yeah, but I really didn’t see the option of turning it down.

Interviewer: Were you able to renew your feelings after that?

Yuria: Well, it didn’t happen immediately, but even though I still was feeling confused, I thought I had to say something to my fans, so I wrote a blog post, realizing that over-thinking would have not brought me to an answer.
    It might be a hard way to put it, but just like an employee who’s told “You have to transfer to Hokkaido” would just do it, being told “Kizaki Yuria will move to AKB’s Team 4 as vice captain”, I never considered rejecting that as one of the options.
    So, after accepting what I had been told, I could slowly renew my feelings, while thinking about how to face what was going to come.

Interviewer: After only 3 days following the final performance of the RESET Stage of SKE’s Team S, the Idol no Yoake Stage of AKB’s Team 4 started. How did you feel during those days?

Yuria: It was terrible. I remember thinking “Wow, now you sure put up a wonderful schedule here, thanks” (laughs).
    Ever since the transfer announcement was made, all the members would look at me giving out a “Ahhh, Yuria…you’re going to AKB48”-kind of melancholic feel, but even thought that went on for several months, the transfer would have not changed the fact that I would keep being part, like the others, of the AKB48 Group.
    To realize the actual change of things was quite hard, but it hit me very strongly how, in those 3 days, I had to stop calling myself SKE48’s Kizaki Yuria. At first I had a very hard time getting used to the me that, only 3 days from then, would have started to introduce herself as “Team 4’s Kizaki Yuria”.

Interviewer: In what way you managed to get used to it?

Yuria: Time did it for me.
    In half a year, I had to say “I’m AKB48’s Kizaki Yuria” so many times, so well…I guess I am used to it now, but still…
    You see…SKE48’s songs are incredibly different from AKB48’s ones.
    There might be some people thinking they’re just the same, but when you actually sing and dance to them things turn out to be very different, and for a person like me who’s been performing SKE’s songs for 5 years, it was super hard to suddenly end up performing an Idol-ish Stage surrounded by energetic young girls. Which is why I was basically doing nothing but struggling at first.
    I was feeling disheartened every single day. It was really hard…

Interviewer: Now that you’ve been a vice-captain for half a year, are you able to perceive some change?

Yuria: Well, being a vice-captain is different from being a captain…
    I mean, the one leading everything is the captain, isn’t it?
    Being told I was the vice-captain, I had no idea about what I was supposed to do as such.
    What I think a vice-captain should do, is not only to act as a support to the captain, but also to observe and take care of the emotional side of members.

When I was in SKE, unregarding of seniors and juniors, knowing the generation they were part of, what they had been through as research students and such, in case I would see someone cry, one way or another I was able to understand why she was crying.
    But when it became about AKB48’s Team 4, I knew just nothing.
    Like…how can I understand for what reason one of the girl is crying if I don’t know which generation she’s part of, what kind of personality she has etc…?
    In the beginning, no matter how much I wanted to get closer to them all, the circumstances made it impossible for me to do it.
    Right when I started thinking “Ah…I’m so useless…”, I realized that I have the role of vice-captain and that maybe it was for the best to use it even if it was in a kind of forced way.
    That is how I came up with the “Ban of the san honorific” rule.

I’m the highest senior right after Miichan, so I was being often called “Kizaki-san”, and even though I would tell everyone “Call me Yuria-chan”, the only ones who actually did it were Nishino Miki-chan and Okada Nana-chan
    At first they kept being the only members calling me that, but gradually the others started doing it too.
    After starting to experience the “chan” honorific thing, I concretely felt how the distances started to spontaneously shorten.
    Sure I am a senior but I’m not that older than any of them and I’m also way more of a novice than them when it comes to AKB.
    So, in a way I’m pretty much a junior myself and I really disliked the formally obedient feel they used when talking to me…
    Right now, the members very often tease my character, they call my name with the “chan” suffix and things have gotten a lot better.

Interviewer: Is there’s something else you did?

Yuria: I’m doing my best to proactively approach all the members.
    At first, if I happened to see a girl crying, I used to think “Maybe I shouldn’t get closer, since I don’t know her nor what happened”, but now what I think is “I don’t know what happened, but I’ll try to get closer anyway”, and I approach her. (tln: This kind of change of attitude made me remind of these YuriWords)

This is true for me as well, but yeah…just like there are things one feels like saying, there are also things one doesn’t feel like sharing, so to the extent of what they feel like telling me, I listen to the girls’ problems and give them advices, I proactively try to calm them down and stay close to those who are having problems, in order to help them get over those situations.

The words of the SKE’s same generation comrade, Suda Akari: “Go up there and show everyone SKE’s soul!”

After transferring to AKB Yuria was proceeding, for trial and error, as Team 4’s vice-captain.
    As she was struggling with lots of worries, the presence that turned into her support was that of Suda Akari, a member of her same generation in SKE48.

Interviewer: On one hand, you were already brought to your limit after the transfer. Adding to that, you had to pay attention to the needs of all the others surrounding you. That must have been tough.
    What became your support in such a moment?
    How did you overcome all that?

Yuria: In the past 5 years, every single day I’ve felt like I was right there to my limits. Even I don’t really know what I should be doing, but more important than this is that, if I see young girls - younger than me, kind of like little sisters - crying, I just can’t leave them alone, and I’d want to listen to their worries and be there for them.

After coming to AKB48, the person I would go for advice every time I’d feel like “Ahhh, things just won’t go well…Maybe I can’t do this anymore. What should I do?” has been SKE48’s Suda Akari.
    How to say it? If I share my worries to SKE’s members, I can get a more objective perspective. Sudachan is from my same generation so she doesn’t restrain at all and tells me all she thinks straight away.
    Plus she knows me very well, so it’s super easy for me to go talk to her.
    I listen to her worries too, so it’s like we keep going on while thinking many things through, together.
    I believe I’m totally not the only one having a hard time, so every time, in the end, I always feel once again like I must hang in there and do my best.

Interviewer: Please tell us about some concrete episode or about some word that echoed in your heart.

Yuria: Sudachan is a really diligent and devoted person.
    For example, she sent me a supportive mail just before the first performance of Team 4’s Stage.
    And well, that day I was feeling way more nervous than usual, because I was worried the fans wouldn’t accept me, being that only the first performance…
    But as I was feeling that way, Sudachan told me: “You don’t need to worry about anything. Just do what you feel like doing. Go there and show everyone SKE’s soul!”
    Those words were very important for me…

Interviewer: After the first performance, in what is that you could perceive the differences between SKE48 and AKB48?

Yuria: There are lots of differences (laughs) Pretty much everything is different.

The first thing I noticed is how AKB48 doesn’t really have penlights’ colors!
    What’s strong in AKB is the Team color, while in SKE every member has different penlights’ colors.
    For example, my colors are yellow and peppermint green.
    SKE48 has Team colors as well, of course, but fans usually just shake the penlights of the colors of their favorite member.
    Still, when I performed Team 4’s Stage for the first time, I could see some peppermint green here and there (laughs).
    I felt like AKB48 is not about individual playing and I could perceive a different kind of happiness compared to that I used to perceive in SKE. To the fans that are following me since a long time, I told I’d be happy if they would bring yellow penlights! (laughs). (tln: Yellow is one of Yuria’s colors, but it also is Team 4’s color so…two birds with one stone XD)
    Also, I’m in a situation in which I’m surrounded by nothing but juniors, so everything they do feels so very young to me (laughs).
    In SKE48, up until then, I was on the side of those sticking to the 1stgeneration members’ back while wanting to work hard for myself as well, but now everyone’s so young that I happen to have an incredible amount of elements to absorb.
    I feel like I should get back to the way I used to feel right after I joined.

[​IMG]

Drama, Radio, Photo-book, CM…A fruitful individual activity!

Almost coincidentally with the beginning of Team 4’s Stage, the shootings for the tv series GTO started as well. What’s that Yuria learned in an environment so much different compared to AKB48’s one?

Interviewer: How do you feel about the increase of your work as an individual?
    How was the working environment of a tv series?

Yuria: First of all, I thought it was just great to be able to appear in a school series!
    There were just too many things to do in only 3 months, which was such a short time!
    I suddenly had to be friends with people I had just met, and there was this class-like atmosphere…It all started with me wondering just in what way we would’ve done everything.

All the others in the cast were actors and actresses at the peak of their popularity, so every single day I had so much to learn from them all. When I get back to AKB48, we often start conversations asking each other things like “Did you watch the TV yesterday?”, but on the filming place, we would all talk about nothing but the scenes we had to shoot that day, thinking about how to portray certain characters and discussing about plots that had to come to life even though they didn’t actually exist.

And when eating lunch all together, we would talk about things like our favorite movies, for example.
    Because I mean…isn’t it interesting to know what kind of movies actors and actresses at the peak of their popularity are watching!?
    Even that, was source of study for me.
    Plus, the staff members would always kindly treat me very strictly, so those 3 months made me realize how important it is to work in such an environment.

Interviewer: To be more specific, regarding what did they treat you strictly?

Yuria: Things like acting, or greetings…All very obvious things but that I risk to forget quite often, so I’ve been scolded pretty much every day. But just in the same way, whenever I did something nicely, they always praised me and it made me so happy every time they told me “Thank you”.
    I realized how important things we give for granted really are.

What was very hard in that period, is that the shootings started pretty much with the same timing Team 4’s Stage began and this put me in the condition of having problems getting used to both!
    I ended up being absent from all the Stages so I was wondering just how possibly I could’ve gotten familiar with Team 4, and at the same time I was wondering the same about merging with all the other GTO co-stars.
    So I kind of received a painful double punch!
    But I’m where I am now exactly because I managed to overcome that period, so…

Interviewer: You also appear in the movie [Zakurozaka no Adauchi]. How was it to play in an historical movie?

Yuria: In GTO, the character I played was a very modern kind of girl who had a boyfriend and a huge liking for boys, but to play – in an historical movie – a period in which I have not even lived in…well, it was really hard. Plus, I was very nervous also because I was surrounded by people like Miss Hirosue Ryouko and other actors I admire incredibly…
    At the same time, also because of this, I had so much to learn, so I’d say both GTO and Zakurozaka no Adauchi taught me a lot, just in different ways.

Interviewer: What kind of work would you like to do in your future?

Yuria: I enjoy doing any kind of work, but what I want to do and to keep doing is acting.
    Everything I do, I do it wondering if it can, in some way, get linked to acting.

Even during Stages, for example, the subject changes from song to song, so trying to play them all, getting in the atmosphere of the song while singing, also connects to acting in my opinion.
    It’s the same for magazines’ shooting.
    If I have to wear cute clothes, then I play a cute-ish kind of girl.
    I even have an acting corner in the radio, and I feel so blissful for that.
    I would really want to take part in a TV series again.

On October 4th, Yuria gets back to Nagoya bringing Team 4 with her.

For AKB48’s National Tour, Team 4 did a Triumphal return performance in Nagoya on October 10. After half a year, Yuria comes back before the Nagoya fans, and she also happened to see familiar faces here and there. We asked her about her honest current mental state and about her life in Tokyo.

Interviewer: So, after experiencing many things, you went back to Nagoya, with the Triumphal return Performance. How was it?

Yuria: Half a year passed in the blink of an eye and I wondered how it would’ve been to stand again before the fans in Nagoya, and well…they were so warm.
    It made me so happy to see how they all were energetic, just like they’ve always been.

Interviewer: Do you think you were able to show them an improved Kizaki Yuria?

Yuria: Actually… for all the 5 years I’ve been working as an Idol I’ve never ever been able to feel like I improved, so I honestly have no idea as for how might the people watching me feel about this.
    Still, I think I was able to show all of my current self.
    Also, since I believe the energy of Team 4 is really similar to SKE48, I think SKE48 fans might come to like my Team specifically because it is Team 4, and not A, K or B, so I hope I was able to convey Team 4’s greatness to SKE’s fans!

Interviewer: Were you able to perceive the fact that you were back to Nagoya?

Yuria: I could see some of my fans, the fans of Nagoya, nostalgic faces…
    Many of those who were often able to go watch SKE’s Stages, now can’t come to Tokyo after finished working, so I’ve seen some of them after a really long time. Additionally, there were many hand fans or boards with [Welcome home] written on, which made me feel like, even if just for a moment, I had really come home.

Interviewer: How is the life in Tokyo going?

Yuria: I live alone now, so I have nobody to wake me up nor to help me avoid forgetting things, so yeah, that’s quite a problem (laughs).
    I’m really weak when it comes to mornings, so after lots of troubles I decided to buy an alarm clock that could have not failed in waking me up and it really worked for about a month.
    However, I then got used to it and even though it’s super noisy, I became unable to wake up even with that alarm clock…
    I love to sleep and, just the other day, I slept for 13 hours, without waking up not even once.
    I’d love to become the kind of woman able to wake up at the same time every morning.
    You know? Someone who, like…wakes up at 8, cooks a toast, drinks coffee…(laughs)

Interviewer: How about cooking? Are you doing it?

Yuria: I’ve started doing it lately!
    But when I thought of making something fried, I realized I had no idea as for how to do it, so for now I really can cook only very simple things.
    Since I’m dieting recently, I make lots of salads!
    It’s so easy to prepare one!! You cut everything fine, you wash it, you stir-fry mushrooms or something and you’re done (laughs).
    But I’d like to, slowly, become able to do more things.
    In Team 4 there’s Okada Ayaka-chan who’s great at cooking, so I think I’ll have her come home and teach me something!

The charm of the YuriWords (Kizaki Yuria’s wise words)

The YuriWords, something Yuria has been sending on a not reguular basis ever since she was in SKE48.
    Now it’s possible to read them through her AKB48 mails.
    We asked Yuria about her YuriWords, which is very easy to symphasize with.

Interviewer: Please tell us something about the YuriWords you irregularly send with your AKB48 mails.

Yuria: I began to write them in order to bring peace to my own heart.
    I started when I was in SKE and they became very popular among fans. There were even people who would kindly say things like: “I couln’t sleep today because you didn’t send the YuriWords”…
    Well, it’s pretty much a habit, for which I come up with wise-ish kind of words and I share them…(laughs)

「YuriWords 1」
    When someone feels about another,
    out of admiration, anger or enjoyment,
    the kind of feelings may differ depending on the person but,
    to feel something about another,
    always means to have others feel for you as well.

And isn’t it just amazing for us
    to exist inside the feelings of someone else?

If you try thinking this way,
    the things people worry about in regards of others,
    are really nothing but trivialities.
    Yes, they must be.

Yuria.

「YuriWords 2」
    Tomorrow might not be like you were expecting it to,
    but if you’re not going to live it at your 100% despite that,
    the tomorrow you’re looking forward to will never come.

Yuria.

Yuria: They’re fundamentally messages I write to my own self when I feel down. (laughs)
    Probably, while reading them, someone might recognize themselves in the words and feel like “I see…!”.
    Our works might be different, but we all worry about the same things and I’d be happy if a lot of different people would be able to sympathize with my words. So I’d like to keep coming up with more YuriWords that might end up making someone feel like “Okay, I shall do my best too!”.
    Ah, it happens, at times, that people during handshake events mistakenly call them [YuriGon], but the actual reading is [YuriGen], so please keep that in mind! (laughs)

Her goals in Team 4. Her goals in AKB48. Her goals as an individual.

We’ve asked her about her goals: As Team 4’s vice-captain, as an AKB member and as Kizaki Yuria.
    Interviewer: Lastly, please tell us about your goals for the future.

Yuria: First of all, about the Team, there are girls who managed to get in the senbatsu for the first time – like Renacchi and Miion - , so I’d like if more and more members for Team 4 – included me, of course – would become nationally popular and recognized.
    Also, the Team’s selling point is the energy, so I would be happy if more people would come to the theater, watch Team 4 and feel like, just as if the Stage were a power spot, they feel better and they received energy as they go back home.

As an AKB member, one of my goals is that of becoming a presence perceived as necessary.
    I don’t want to be just that one girl that transferred to AKB and then graduated at some point.
    When I’ll graduate, I want for people to feel like “How can we do without Yuria!?”.
    I know it’s not an easy task, but you know how there are members that kind of feel like they HAVE to be there?
    Not because they’re amazing because they’re the centers, but more because they’re presences that make people feel like “Ah, it feels peaceful when she’s there! She creates a nice atmosphere”.
    I’d like to become someone like that.

As an individual, well…my goal would be acting!
    I’m incredibly interested in action movies and series
    I’d like participate in the type of works that would allow for me to act using my body as well. If it’s an historical movie, for example, I’d want to do something like swords fighting! (tln: someone, please make this happen!!)

[​IMG]
    credit

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joe

Joe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Really good for exploring Yuria´s personality. Thanks for sharing!

8. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    I agree with what @MurasakiSora said about Yuria: and let's take in consideration she just recovered recently from illness, and that SKE Yuria was younger and her jobs were less limited, and that by belonging to AKB48 means more media appearances = more work = less chances to rest properly.

Yuria is a strong girl, and if she accepted the transfer is because she can accomplish her dreams; I was bummed when she got shuffled because despite being my SKE oshi back then, broke the balance of the original Minegishi Team 4, but now she looks happy with them, as is teaching her kouhai to improve more, thanks to her previous experience in Nagoya.

Thank you for sharing that interview, @paruru ! I'll make sure to read it later <3

9. MurasakiSora

Yuria and Takamina recently had an interview together about One Piece including their favourite moments which is an interesting read if you've read the manga itself.

Interview here translated by MahouShoujoAri

10. MurasakiSora

Guys! Yuria's first photobook name and release date has been announced!

Photobook's called ぴーす (Peace) and it's release date is February 11 which is also Yuria's birthday. Shootings were done in Guam as we learnt from her offshoots from her Twitter before.

It's also up for preorder on Amazon so let's support her by buying it! :blush:

[​IMG]
    (Credit)

EDIT: From the Entame link that Yuria posted on twitter here, the photobook is 160 pages and soft cover. She also posted this photo on her Twitter. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  11. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Ordered it! Nice B-day present to my self.:^O^:

12. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    Can't wait for this to come out, her photoshoots have been great this year, she's really come into her own as a model I think. Makes sense, Yuria will get more acting opportunities the more she draws attention to herself, so I hope this book does well.

I'll wait for a CDJapan preorder to appear first, since I can add to my points there.

13. Paul cho

Paul cho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    yuria.jpg
    Top members gathering!

14. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    i have a question.
    why she called Magic in Majisuka 4?

15. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Apparently her character does card tricks. As for it having any reflection to her real life character, there is none. I guess they couldn't use peace again.

16. Neve

Neve Kenkyuusei

17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

if the video does not show watch the video here

The Ending Theme of Youkai Watch . Alot of cuteness!

18. LightFury

LightFury Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

Sailor Zombie by Yuria, Uha and Komiharu at Kouhaku @3 mins mark

19. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    One of of the two main reasons I stayed up until 6:45am my time, was to watch Yuria doing Sailor Zombie. And I was NOT disappointed.:D

She looked great in that unit.<3 And TBH, I think she performed it better than Mayuyu.:awesome:

Sorry to any Mayuyu fans.:v:

20. MurasakiSora

Was a bit disappointed Yuria got Sailor Zombie of all songs at first when it was originally performed but after watching it, definitely an enjoyable performance. :chuffed:

Also liked the NyaaKB song (surprisingly addictive) even though I'm not a fan of Youkai Watch. Yuria appears in it too, song starts at around 6:00 mark.