Kojima Mako (Kojimako) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

I'm not really worried tbh (I'm not a Kojimako Oshi). I think it's just a slow start. I know you guys will make sure she ranks in the SSK. Still thinking high Undergirls (looking like along side Okada as well) for her.

2. paman22

paman22 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    this was from her 755 update from last night: thx to @kojimakofans
    755.jpg
    its from Documentary last year
    some screencap: 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
    dont cry please :(

3. Tashima meru

Tashima meru Kenkyuusei

Mako will get rank , i think its strategy to up selling for cd , impossible for mako didnt rank

4. marumarumako

marumarumako Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kojima Mako
    Well calculatively speaking, if we're using last year's ssk, the 80th place has 9.5k votes so looking at this year's prelim result only top 20 that guarantee a place on this year's ssk, so ofc we still got a big chance to enter mako in the ssk.
    But to bounce from NA to at least 16th place that she wished for is a little bit impossible hmm
    All in all i just want her to rank higher than last year's result.

I haven't become a mako oshi that time and it pain my heart greatly, in a way i'm impressed by mako's disappointment showing that she's determined (even though she's one of the newest gen back then (i know she's pushed but still))

5. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

6. kinakomochi

kinakomochi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I too am in the belief that this is well-calculated. it's a ravenous SSK this year -- the prelim votes pretty much reflect the larger economic recovery in Japan at the moment. But not ranking at all, kengai-bolo... to senbatsu? I agree that's a bit much to expect. I just hope she doesn't get too down on herself, poor Mako... :(

One thing I'm definitely learning about the idol industry: when you base your entire business model around 'supporting and cheering on amateurs while they grow'... then introduce a popularity contest where fans must buy CDs to get votes for their idol? The *best* strategy, is to appear to be fighting an uphill battle where your oshi can rally behind you, as that's what they know and love to do. Sasshi knows this intimately -- thus her whole 'brand' is built around that simple observation. It's amazing how many idols and their mgmt, still don't get this. ;)

7. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Even if this is a calculated move by Mako fans, this is just too cruel... :(

8. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

I was floored... :shocku:

But I'm not seriously worried. I'd bet $5k USD that Mako ranks in Undergirls (and hedge my bet she ranks in at least Next Girls :shifty:). I mean we're talking about 3600 votes make up the 80th spot (up 800 from last year). And 80th place last year had 9500 votes. For example, Miichan had 4500 votes last prelim while finishing with 33k votes when it mattered. Mako is high profile enough that this has to either be strategy or just not bothering to vote in the prelim (like me every year).

9. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

10. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

This is probably one of the most moving response blogpost to prelim :cry:
    Kojimako nakanaide~

Good evening!

Please let me write about my feelings after one day's time has passed since prelim.

My name was not called yesterday in the prelim.

"It's still only the prelim!
    It has only been 1 day so it's OK."

I received a lot of supporting voices like that.

I was supposed to be able to optimistically reply "That's right!", but I could not do it yesterday.

A lot of people sent me messages on 755 to cheer me up and to weep together with me. There are also people who told me "Don't give up!" ...

I really am fortunate! Seriously.

However, among the messages, there were some saying "if you are frustrated, say so", "let us know how you feel right now".

Yes, but I am still a kid. Sorry.
    After the prelim yesterday, there was literally no space in my heart for those feelings.
    I thought that those who on Team Kojimako, fighting alongside me must feel the same, so to not further make you all worry, I only wrote one word: "Smile!"

Though that might have made everyone even more worried...

But I've now settled my own feelings.

Now that some time has passed since yesterday and I have calmed down, I can say it clearly.

I am very frustrated.
    To the point I cannot express how frustrated I am.

I want to fight alongside everyone in the next 2 weeks or so.
    Towards my big dream, it's not time to be all worried and down!

These may be 2 anxious weeks, but I will believe in everyone and myself. This is how I feel right now.( ⸝⸝⸝ ˆᴗˆ ⸝⸝⸝ )

I hope everyone can truly smile, standing at the Dome on June 6.
    Please lend me your power.

Sprint to the end together with me please!

That's why my goal has not changed.

I want to enter Senbatsu!
    I want everyone to be smiling and shed joyful tears.

This is my feeling.

Kojimako is serious.

Everyone, please support me!

11. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    It took me a while to take the shock. I was literally stunned. Couldn't really do anything. Couldn't even begin to understand what happened.

On the search for reasons, the most important is probably that her fans were unprepared. I know from the Paruru camp that they put a great deal of emphasis on the preliminary report and organize the whole fanbase to vote in time for the preliminary report. But I saw nothing, absolutely nothing like that from the Kojimako camp. The Kojimako camp is much smaller anyway. But I think it's well possible that they simply forgot about voting in time for the prelim report and forgot about urging people to vote in time for the prelim report:^^;:

I don't even want to begin thinking about the other possibility. The other possibility is that the Kojimako camp is simply not strong enough to make her rank. I really hope that that is not the case.

I'll copy paste this translation that I found:

Kojimako G+ 2015.5.22

こんばんは!
    Good evening!

速報発表から1日たって今の私の気持ちを書かせてください。
    A day has pass since the preliminary announcement,
    please let me write about my current feelings.

昨日の速報発表では、私の名前は呼ばれず圏外でした。
    My name was not called in the preliminary announcement yesterday, I was outside the range.

まだ速報発表!
    1日しかたってないから大丈夫だよ。
    とたくさんの励ましてくれる声に
    It’s just the prelims!
    only a day has pass, it will be alright.
    Such encouraging comments pouring in from many people.

確かにそうだよねっ!
    ってきっといつもなら前向きにそう言えてるはずなのに昨日はそんな風に言えなかったです。
    “Yeah that’s right!”
    my usual self would have reply with that in a positive manner
    but yesterday I couldn’t do it

755のコメントで本当にたくさんの方が元気付けてくれたり
    一緒に悲しんでくれていたり
    なかには、諦めんな!と喝を入れてくれる人もいたり。。。
    The comments in 755, there were many encouraging words,
    or people who are sharing my sorrows.
    There’s also people who’s telling me “Don’t give up yet!”…

私はすごく幸せ者です!本当に。
    I felt so blessed. Really.

でもねその中には
    「悔しいなら悔しいって言って欲しい」
    「今の素直な気持ちを聞きたい」
    というコメントもたくさんありました。
    But I know among these, there’s also many comments saying
    “If you are frustrated, I want you to say it out loud”
    “I would like hear your current honest feelings”.

そうだよね。でも私まだ子供なんだと思います。ごめんなさい。
    昨日速報発表が終わったあと
    悔しいとかの気持ちが出て来るほど心に余裕がなかったです。
    一緒に戦ってくれているチームこじまこのみんなもきっと同じ気持ちかなって思ったから、
    すごく心配してくれているみんなにこれ以上心配させたくなくて、いつも通りに「スマイル!」って一言書きました。
    Indeed. But I think I’m still a child. I’m Sorry.
    After yesterday’s prelim results, I didn’t have the capacity to think about frustrations and such.
    Because I’m occupied with thoughts of how everyone in Team Kojimako who fought along side with me must be having the same feelings.
    To not let all of you who are already worrying about me worry anymore than you are, I just wrote my usual “smile!”.

でもそれが余計みんなを心配させちゃっていたのかもしれないですね、、。
    But, doing so probably make everyone even more worry….

でもちゃんと気づけました。
    自分の気持ち。
    But I have properly come to terms
    with my own feelings.

昨日から少し時間が経って
    気持ちも落ち着いて、
    今ならハッキリと言えます。
    Quite a bit of time has pass since yesterday,
    my feelings are also more settled,
    Now I can convey them clearly.

やっぱりものすごく悔しい。
    悔しいじゃ表せないくらいに悔しいよ。
    As I thought, I’m terribly frustrated.
    It’s frustrations that is almost beyond words.

あと約二週間、みんなと戦いたい。
    大きな夢に向かって
    こんなとこでクヨクヨしてる場合じゃないよね!
    There’s still 2 weeks to go, I would like to fight on with everyone.
    Towards that big dream.
    In a situation like this, it’s not the time to be brooding over it!

不安な2週間になるかもしれないけど
    みんなと自分を信じようって
    今はそう思えています( ⸝⸝⸝ ˆᴗˆ ⸝⸝⸝ )。
    It’s probably going to be an unsettling 2 weeks,
    but I want to believe in everyone as well as myself
    That’s my thinking right now ( ⸝⸝⸝ ˆᴗˆ ⸝⸝⸝ )

みんなで本当のスマイルで
    6月6日ヤフオクドームに立てるように。
    みなさんの力を貸してください。
    With everyone having a real smile,
    to stand on the stage at Yahoo Auction dome on June 6
    Please lend me your strength.

最後まで私と一緒に走り切って欲しいです!
    I want everyone to race with me till the end!

だから目標は変えません。
    So my goal does not change.

選抜メンバーに入りたい!
    みんなで笑顔で嬉し涙を流したい。
    I want to enter the Senbatsu selection!
    With everyone, I want to shed happy tears with a smile.

これが今の私の気持ちです。
    These are my feelings right now.

こじまこ、本気です。
    Kojimako is serious.

みなさん、応援よろしくお願いします!
    Everyone, please give me your support!

大好きなしほりさんの
    卒業公演のことは
    また後ほど投稿させてください。
    About the graduation performance of my favorite Shiori san,
    I’ll made a separate posting on it later on.

http://www.kojima-mako.com/289/kojimako-g-2015-5-22-her-current-feelings-on-the-prelims-results/

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  12. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

When I translated and posted it one post above already... :^^;:

13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I'm shocked too. In fact when the pre-lims were announced, as they were calling undergirls names, I started to get excited thinking "wow Kojimako will rank high in pre-lims" yet... I couldn't believe that Kojimako wasn't called, I had to read the whole list 3 times until I realize that indeed, Kojimako was not called. That made me very sad... I don't think she couldn't rank because she has too little fans... I also think, maybe they didn't vote "enough" for the first day. But I trust that she will rank... I hope all Kojimako fans unite and vote for her all they can .___. I don't want Kojimako to get hurt, be sad, cry... especially when her goal is senbatsu... I hope she ranks high in undergirls and we can see her beautiful smile ;___;

I feel sad reading her post... I'm glad she express her true feelings and encourage the fans! Her post is honest and trying to be positive... I love her <3

14. Kamisori

Kamisori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Kojimako General Election Campaign Board International Chapter is back!

you guys can ask questions about voting and other stuff in there.

Kojima Mako General Election Campaign Board List
    Headquarter:mad:kojimako_senkyo
    Tokyo: @kms_tokyo
    Saitama: @kms_saitama
    Kagawa: @kms_udonkagawa
    International: @kms_2015

15. vinhhien.beke

vinhhien.beke Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I want to find some reports of Mako at hs events :) where can i find them ?
    Thks a lot!

16. Mana

Mana Under Girls

17. kinakomochi

kinakomochi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Just watched the recently-released footage of KM vs. Yuiri in SpoFes -- the one I wanted to see after watching them compete in their KKS days -- and Yuiri also impresses me as she has *almost* the same lower body alignment as KM... but obviously a lot more genetic gift for sprinting.

KM lagged behind Yuiri almost a full second when they ran their heats, but when it came down to the final 5... it proved that Yuiri's genetic advantage... is actually KM's. Let me explain...

You have two types of skeletal muscle (the muscle you control voluntarily) -- white and red. White, or fast-twitch muscle, doesn't have the vascularity of red, but it also contracts much faster, though it tires easily. Red (slow twitch) is the opposite and is used more for stamina.

The SpoFes sprint is 30m -- which favors those with fast-twitch muscles -- and even after the restart, Yuiri gained a couple of tenths on KM even in 30m. But did you notice her lead on the flying start was more commanding even when you correct for her jump. That's because she used up the stored energy in her legs (more white muscle) than KM did (more red muscle), and on the restart had slightly less on tap to utilize. KM's runs were more consistent due to her balance away from more white muscle, which allows her to keep running the same trap times for longer. Had this been a true 50m sprint... I think KM would've bagged Yuiri, as red muscle tissue performs both medium and slow twitch contractions, so would've outlasted Yuiri's powerful initial sprint.

Note: T8's Yamada Namami (one of my favorite 48GP idols, period)... has some of *the worst* leg alignment I've ever seen... yet she handily outsprints her teammates in the first heat -- why? Because 1) she's young, 2) she possibly has great genetics for white muscle tissue, and 3) despite her being all wobbly and well... Nanami-like at the start :lol:, she takes the win by a couple of tenths over the very-fit-even-if-older Mariyagi.

Why? Look at her stride length -- her flexibility allows her to start pulling earlier as the lead foot makes contact, and push behind her for longer. Her low body position (she used this technique a lot better than Yuka did) got her moving with very little wasted motion above the waist -- great because she squanders a lot of it below -- and her long yet strong strides balanced with good arm swings (if a bit sideways) got her the win over the more-disciplined Mari-sniper (who has great alignment, right down to the ankles, which are imbalanced so they tilt outward [supination]). A case of youth over alignment... but good gawd I hope she fixes that before she leaves the idol world! :XD:

One to watch next year, is another T8 firecracker, Nakano Ikumi. She's grown probably two inches easily in the last year, and her great flexibility/stride length AND perfect alignment, really showed how strong she is in the sprint -- hopefully a Yuiringo/Ikumin face-off next time!

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  18. naigamie

naigamie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Her push isn't that strong as she's not a regular 16nin senbatsu yet.
    I'm afraid that if she's not make it to the undergirls, she would lost her push and it'll be just bad.
    Because, seeing the situation, management would probably hoping that she get a high position this year. . .

19. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

^I fear for her also. She has had a long strong push but her position in last years senbatsu was 36.

That's below these girls who didn't get the same amount of push.
    Miyawaki Sakura (HKT48, 45,538) (↑15)
    Ikoma Rina (Nogizaka46, 40,089) (NEW)
    Iriyama Anna (34,002) (↑10)
    Kodama Haruka (HKT48, 33,545) (↑16)
    Muto Tomu (30,097) (↑21)
    Moriyasu Madoka (HKT48, 27,054) (NEW)
    Tomonaga Mio (HKT48, 23,766) (↑32)
    Takahashi Juri (23,612) (NEW)
    Kato Rena (21,877) (NEW)
    Futamura Haruka (SKE48, 20,881) (NEW)

Historically, management has stopped pushing girls once they feel its not working out; Meru, Kannon, Haruka(NMB), Myao etc..

20. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ^no that's simply incorrect.

All of those girls except Muto Tomu and Takahashi Juri are strong management pushes, among them the super pushes Miyawaki Sakura, Kodama Haruka and Ikoma Rina.

The super pushes even got their own A-side centers, magazine covers, kennins and what have you. Kojimako got center of some B sides. There is no comparing Kojimako with those super pushes to be honest.