[LOD] The SKE48 Live on Demand Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'SKE48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 5, 2012.

1. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    This is a place to discuss recent theater shows and DMM.com's Live on Demand! videos.

For a complete list of streamable LODs, check out this thread.

2. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Yes! I see June 15, 2011. Thanks for that HRP (although I am just below the camera, so I cannot see myself.

3. renx2

renx2 Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the links!

So many graduation announcements at the performances lately. Sad, scary and a little worried all at the same time. A recent one that I would have wanted to see would be Team S performance at the HKT theater, since that stage is a little different than normal. Wonder if they did any adjustments.

4. Iwantneedloveyou

Iwantneedloveyou Kenkyuusei

Thank you very much HRP :) I really enjoy watching SKE lods they are great performers. <3

Do you know another link for the Te wo Tsuginagara perfomance at HKT theater? the video cant be seen :cry:

5. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    So, I just watched my first SKE48 LOD (I don't know anything about SKE...)

I watched the 120221 S2 @HKT Theatre. I think this is the show mentioned by the poster above. You can find it both at Hello!Online and in our video depot here at Stage48.

I didn't know which stage to watch so took on poll on twitter, and S2 beat KII3 by 5 votes to 3. S3 got no votes...

Firstly, the HKT Theatre lighting is so much better than the AKB Theatre. You can actually see the faces of all the performers. I'm impressed, although really, this is how all the theatres should be lit.

As for the songs in the stage, I really enjoyed the 4 I already knew, which were the 3rd and 4th songs, and two of the unit songs, Wimbledon and Ame no Pianist. Actually, I don't like Ame no Pianist that much, its a middling song, and just missed Paruru in Wimbledon. The only new song (to me) I really liked on first listen was the final song. Which bizarrely, they played after performing one of their singles (Katamoi Finally). That was a really nice song, and one I could listen to a lot. I think I could get into a few more of the songs in this Stage but will need repeated listens - I'd rather watch HKT perform it.

SKE didn't seem as enthusiastic dancers in this Stage as they are on the singles, you could tell this a lot when they actually performed their single. As for the MCs, their introductions all seemed over the top and very cheerleader-esque. I'm really tempted to skip MCs when watching future stages, it would mean I'd probably watch a lot more stages.

This was my first exposure to a lot of SKE members, and Kato Rumi stood out the most to me. Then that Nishi girl who I know has a lot of support (she always looked so happy!) and then Hirata Rikako (had to look her name up...) Suda Akari looked very fun during the MCs, but seemed to disappear in the performances. Kuumin does look outstandingly beautiful, but has a very peculiar/particular look. One can say that Jurina also possesses a peculiar/particular look that is pretty and does make her stand out. I was quite glad that Jurina doesn't dominate the stage performances like she does in the singles though.

I'm quite tempted to continue on the next few days with KII3 and E1. I've listened to KII3 once before and remember enjoying it...

6. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika
    I would be the only one who would actually recommend S3 to you.. Especially the 06/12 S3 perf that is available in H!O

Highly recommended :lol:

7. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    Continuing on my SKE discovery, I watched KII3 just now. I had the 120216 LOD.

This happened to be at the NMB theatre... I'm beginning to think SKE don't perform (or at least record) any shows at their own theatre... are they ashamed of it or something? Anyway, the NMB theatre lighting was miles ahead of the AKB theatre, but not up to HKT's standard. The LED panel behind the performers was interesting and highly distracting.

As for the stage, again, I really enjoyed the one song I knew from before - Omatase Setlist. I also liked Airin x Ogiso's unit song - the two most beautiful members together and a really nice song. I was really surprised at the Shawacko as ballerina song. WTF? From Winning Ball onwards, I really enjoyed all the songs. They seem to have some sports theme going on. I was really surprised at Ogiso's (if I remember correctly) bat and basketball hoop, and the bowling song and the pins/members falling over. The two songs after the encore were really fun.

I was hugely surprised that they had a second encore, and the crowd didn't seem to be bothered to do it either. Then the singles medley was a big surprise. The singles really show off SKE's energetic dancing that the stage songs don't seem to. And when are we going to get that rumoured SKE48 1st Best Album?

In terms of members, I knew Ogiso Shiori and Ishida Anna were cute beforehand, and they didn't let me down, although Ogiso was annoying and loud during the MC. Also, it looked like Ogiso was crying during the last song? Hata-san was really adorable. The 4th member I knew from before was Churi, who didn't leave more of an impression than before, but seems like a good member. The one who I didn't know before was Airin, and she is possible SKE48 oshimen status. She is just too beautiful <3

Anyway, this Stage was fun, I'll need more listens to get the songs properly. But really, is there any need for a second xxx48 group? (I mean, why get into SKE instead of another non-48 idol group?)

8. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    SKE's podium is really small (smaller then AKB's) and they have almost no room for camera's.

If you watch some of the earlier LOD's you will notice that the rear camera is even shaking with the sound (they now have a stabelised remote controlled camera)

So yes: for higher quality recordings SKE will go elsewhere.
    And I think AKB is using only 50% of the power? Japan/Tokyo still has not recovered fully from the tsunamy.

9. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika
    SKE's theater isn't their own. Its rented space so they can't just put cameras in on a whim so all their old performances didn't have any recordings. Iirc, the first S2 lod was in AKB's theater. In fact I don't think we've ever had any LODs til about late 2010, early 2011 in SKE's theater.

Then, DMM service: how come NMB and HKT doesn't have DMM? Are they embarassed to show their performances given how good their theater is and they can't man up? No. It has something to do with rights. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't bother buying the rights to NMB and HKT given that they are still performing revival stages. Once they get their own stage, they'd be on DMM 100% sure. Snide comment, right one back at ya.

Also the LOD you watched were the Theater tour they had going on. Doesn't mean that the only LOD you find or have is the one not in their own theater that the other lods from SKE's own theater doesn't exist. In fact, someone was streaming the (EVERY) theater shows online and this was before they upgraded their cameras.

10. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    Been a little break, but I'm back on my SKE discovery quest. This time was E2 from 120514. I think this was the Shonichi.

I was quite surprised that this wasn't an original stage. Regardless, it was great fun. During the Team songs, they were so energetic and dancing like crazy. This was my first time seeing a LOD in the SKE theatre and it seems a great place. The crowd were the most energetic I've seen in any LOD, with the most glowsticks and the loudest chants (don't know if this was just the recording though). Their version of Mushi no Ballad was pretty good too.

The girl which really stood out to me was Kaneko Shiori. She is just too cute :blush:
    She was great during the team songs, great in her unit song, and great during the MCs. She is possible SKE oshimen candidate.

The only other girl who I can remember was Shibata Aya, because she is quite unique.

11. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    I watched a KKS stage. The date was 120531, Imade Mai's graduate stage.

A2 is one of my favourite stages and I really don't like KII performing it so I was a bit apprehensive about kenkyuusei doing it but....

I loved it. All the girls were great, what an energy and all the girls realy looked like they enjoyed every minute of it. A lot of people told me about the awesomeness of ske's kks and they were absolutely right.

The first three songs were okay/good. I don't know but I always have a problem liking other teams doing Nageki no Figure for some reason. Nagisa no Cherry was fine too. What stood out were the giant backdancers, that really made me chuckle.Glass no I LOVE YOU & Koi no Plan were great.
    For me it really kicked of after the units though. Senaka kara dakishimete, Rio no kakumei and JESUS rocked, just perfect.

The girls I liked the most were Ego Yuna (just the most adorable little creature ever), Suga Nanako and Saito Makiko but like I said before all the girls were great.

Can't believe these girls aren't on a team to be honest and I really really hope they promote some of them very soon. Till then I hope I get the chance to watch more of their lods.

12. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    I haven't watched an SKE LOD since I last posted in this thread, I thought I'd watch either the KKS one Discotheque talked about above, or S3 or E1, but turned out I don't have an S3 or E1 LOD, but did have the 120829 LOD which was the final performance at their old theatre...

Setlist has been posted by HRP before:

I loved how they did this special show in chronological order, I'm kinda a sucker for that. Made it feel really good, and a nice overview of SKE, good for someone like me, who doesn't know them. This setlist was really excellent.

It was weird seeing the SKE versions of "Te wo tsunaginagara" and "Chime wa Love Song" as they have become the signature songs for HKT48 for me. The SKE versions didn't seem to have the excitement or exuberance of the HKT versions. This also seemed to hold true for the SKE version of Gingham Check, I love the song, but this version was kinda dull.

The other downpoint for me was seeing "Gomen ne, Summer" performed with only 7 members. I think the USP of the AKB groups is the sheer number of members, and especially in a special show like this with all teams performing, would have been great to have even more performers that usual, not the limited number. I guess I was disappointed as that (and Pareo wa Emerald) are my favourite SKE songs.

I also really loved how there was hardly any talking in this show - it was mostly songs with minimal MCs - great! I was disappointed with the dancing in a lot of songs, as I feel this is one of SKE's strong points over AKB, but it seemed not as in sync as usual, maybe as it wasn't the senbatsu performing each song.

Overall, this was excellent (although I seem quite negative here). And is possibly the best introduction to SKE you could have, since it charts their history and has all their landmark songs.

The whole thing made me kinda want to watch KII3 again, and the only member who stood out in any way was Kinchan.