Maeda Atsuko (Acchan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by xyish, Jun 5, 2007.

1. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

I'm not a Maeda oshi and, maybe for that reason, I don't think that she getting really drunk is that big of a deal. I hope she can learn from this and avoids doing the same in the future :approve:. I wish the best for her future and this situation while unimportant doesn't help her moving in that direction.
    What strikes me the most in this situation is Yuko and Harugon behavior :fp: . Maybe I'm naive, but I would never allow a close friend to leave alone in a situation like that [sealed] . Contrary to what some people said here Maeda's behavior is not a suprise to me, because I always felt that she is emotionally weak. In that sense, being freed from the chains she had in AKB I was, naturally, expecting some type of crisis. In that context this was a minor incident. [whew]
    Honestly, Yuko (the only member outside the first generation that belongs in my Kami7) was a disappointement :glare: . I had her as one of the most level headed girls in the group. I can only imagine how Takamina must have felt after reading the news and knowing that both girls left her alone like that... :angry:

2. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Alright guys. Let's not troll the thread, m'right? [smoke]

Acchan had a few and I think we all expressed how terribly disgusted we are at her highly irresponsible and inhuman behavior. It's the end of AKB. The end, I tell you.

No, seriously. Lighten up.

3. kunit38

kunit38 Kenkyuusei

the main problem is just the fact that she went WAYY past her limits
    a little drunk and partying and being with guys none of that matters but to go that far is irresponsible, and bad for her image
    just wish she was a little smarter but hopefully she can learn from this
    just didnt think this would happen to her and especially not at this timing

4. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

Wait, how is Yuko (or Harugon) supposed to stay with Acchan? ._." Acchan angrily left first on a taxi, stated that she want to go home alone and only returned after Yuko and Harugon left. Forcing their way into the taxi against Acchan's will might lead to an even bigger / messier scene. For all we know, Yuko and Harugon might have rushed home to check on her.

5. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Well, if you saw him you Q10, you saw that he's not really that buff...pretty much average build. Acchan doesn't seem heavy by any means, but I don't think he's that all that strong either. :D

...Explain to me why you're an AKB fan, if you think there's no integrity in AKB. Because your comment is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read on stage48. Criticizing Acchan of all people for not staying true to herself is ridiculous. She's the girl that chose to graduate when she could have just continued raking in the cash in AKB because she wanted to pursue the dream she had 7 years ago when she first auditioned, even though she could've just bided her time in AKB while improving her acting skills. Instead, she chose to dive headfirst into the unknown because that's what she wanted. So she was just freed from a lot of rules, and experience some of the life that a lot of normal people can do. Maybe her innocence led her too far this time, but even in that, she's just showing a characteristic of her that we've seen repeatedly in AKB, not "a completely different person."

6. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

I know that was not a easy situation... But are you telling me that you would allow a close friend to leave alone like that? :hmm:
    She was on a very fragile state. In the worst case I would follow the taxi to make sure nothing serious happens.
    Of course, there might be specific circumtances that prevent them from doing anyting. But, if I were a mutual friend I would demand a very strong explanation from them. :glare: :gavel:

7. ehf

ehf Kenkyuusei

I'm not really an AKB48 fan per se anymore, it's just a huge joke to me now. I'm not really criticizing her, as much as the idol culture itself. Notice how I didn't say there is any problem that should be corrected? I really don't care. I felt like commenting based on the complaints in this thread, where people don't seem to understand "acchan" is not really legitimate person so much as a business strategy.

By all means, I hope she has more "fun" nights like this, but the level of change in behaviour is still creepy to me.

8. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    I think we've had enough collective head-shaking about Acchan for now and it's getting slightly excessive. Let's please draw a line here.

In other news: Acchan solved the murder case.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze6S-iVtk34[/yt]

http://www.oricon.co.jp/entertainment/e ... /index.php

9. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

Very funny... Thank you for the clip and congratulations to those that were able to figure the entire plot and the culprit [rock] . Job well done. [clap]

10. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Aww... At least she takes the stage for finding the culprit...

11. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka

Acchan went off in a taxi and dissapeared to her home but she never went to her home and went to the karaoke again, yuko and harugon werent there anymore, when acchan arrived at home harugon was there so that means they hurry to follow Acchan to the house but Acchan wasnt there when both of them arrived, dont judge like that without knowing first

12. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka

ahh and you are wrong about generations, Yuko is 2cd generation like Sayaka, Sae, Yuka and others
    Takamina, Miichan, Kojiharu and Tomochin are the only first generation members that remains and Mariko is 1.5 generation because she joined a bit later but before the 2cd generation was announced

13. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Acchan definitely drank alcohol before but I doubt she has a chance to really party when she was in AKB. So this might be the first time she actually got to really go wild and she didn't realize her own limit or build a resistance.

Since Acchan got tipsy after just a dinner at a restaurant during the Hong Kong trip, I'm going to go with she can't hold her liquor speculation :p

Either way it's still embarrassing...... :^^;:
    Maybe if she poke fun at herself a little big about this, people will eventually move on.

14. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    :fp: my bad, I didnt notice Harugon was actually in the middle , those pictures arent very clear :hmm: and Takeru is covering Harugon so I didnt notice she was there, LOL thanks xD

15. zaizai152

zaizai152 Kenkyuusei

Oshima and Nakagawa looked exhausted as they were looking off the taxi carrying Maeda.
    They dropped their shoulders, “Phew…” and staring at cakes in the glass showcase as they were muttering “Aw man….”
    The Gokon was over. When our writer was about to leave, wow! That taxi Maeda got on somehow returned to the store and pulled up there! Maeda told the taxi to wait her and entered the store again.

You should read the full news before comment

16. crunky12

crunky12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    I find it funny how the tabloids try to pick on her after she graduated. If this becomes some sorta habit, like her getting drunk and camera people capturing it all the time, people might start blaming it on her graduation. Like they might think she's trying to be rebellious or she's taking it too hard and numbing the pain with partying.

I know I can't handle my booze, cause I have low intolerance, maybe she's the same. :hehe:

17. kunit38

kunit38 Kenkyuusei

i dont think its just a light mistake as some are trying to make it out to be
    her never having partied presumably doesnt give her an excuse to make embarass herself
    atleast not in public, thats my opinion
    i dont think you can really poke fun of yourself after this because its embarassing but yea people will move on eventually, there have been bigger scandals with bigger ppl in the past so no worries, just at the moment and with the timing, not the best thing acchan could have done but its done now so she can only learn from this and we can only wait and see if this is who she is going to become (hopefully not) and i really dont think she will stay this way and see how she moves on with her carreer

18. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand
    Has anyone got the complete article yet? The magazine shouldve came out by now.

19. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

why surprise?!
    when a member announce their 100% graduation, there were at least 30% akb reason and 70%personal reason.

-for akb reason, it is like what akip or management reason, for example in acchan case, like everything she said on radio n concert, that is pretty much akb reason.

-for personal reason is something they want hide bout it, so many factors bout it, for example : age problem, love interest, tiring schedule, limit pressure, crime, family issue, better & relaxing carrer and other private reason too. for acchan case i guess now we know 1 of her personal reason is love interest.

and since she already graduate, whatever she doing out there, its doesnt matter anymore, she is now a free girl afterall.
    its weird if people angry bout it now, they should angry when she still in akb.

20. support

support Kenkyuusei

This looks so bad for her. She just looked so desperate and weak at the same time in those photos. It would be better if he carried her properly because the way he held her just seemed like he didn't want to touch her as well as making her look more of a heavy drunken mess. If he carried her properly the story can be interpreted as 'he took her home because she was tired and tipsy' but right now it looks like 'he was forced to somehow carry her home against his will because she was too drunk'.

Looks matter in Japan, even more so if you are in this industry, ESPECIALLY so if you are a media darling. It's fine to let your hair down etc. but for someone like maeda who has 7 years of experience and who has always been free of scandals this is not the best look for her especially since she has just graduated AND she's got some big international film role. It really makes me worry for her future when she makes such obvious gaffes so early on in her solo career, this is the time to look serious and prepared, not slightly lost and a bit weak willed. I am exaggerating but that is the general impression I got from the photos.

You don't know the story behind the photo, but what you can see doesn't look good and to be honest I've lost a little bit of respect for her as a professional. I've never been a fan of her for all the usual reasons but I have gained some admiration and a sense of goodwill during the time she had left in AKB because she looked so classy and sensible about it and yet some of that feeling has been tarnished by this incident. I had thought she had major professionalism in avoiding this kind of stuff but now I wonder if her clean record was mostly because of her privileged position as a centre of AKB as opposed to her own qualities, for me this is always the eternal question with her.