Miichan Birthday Project 2013

Discussion in 'Finished Projects' started by Neve, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Neve

Neve Kenkyuusei

Miichan turns 21 on November 15th! For the last couple of years, flaggy has done an awesome job organising the Stage48 birthday projects for Miichan in collaboration with the Japanese committee. This year, he's very busy, so I'm going to do my best organising it! As usual with birthday projects, let's make a scrapbook of birthday messages, photos, drawings and anything you like :)

It's been a difficult year for Miichan, but it's also been one of her best years in many ways. There are lots of things to congratulate her for. Anyone can participate - there's no need to be a Miichan oshi to show her your support ^_^ Let's all work together to show Miichan lots of love and make her feel happy on her birthday!

The project from the Japanese community for foreign fans is here here. However, you can only enter text, so if you want to send pictures or longer messages, I can help you with that. Feel free to participate in both projects, of course!

There's no limit on the length or the content. Obviously I won't include anything offensive or inappropriate, and I might ask you to cut it down if you write millions of words ^^; Everything is fine (pictures, photos, digital creations...) so be creative! Please include your name and country when you send your message so I can put them in the scrapbook. Please don't include your address, contact details or anything that can be traced back to you. (There are certain restrictions on what you can send - e.g. you can't send CDs - but I'll let you know if you're trying to send me anything I can't pass on to her.)

Feel free to write in English or Japanese! Let me know if you'd like me to translate your message . (My Japanese isn't perfect, but she'll understand! I might be able to ask some Japanese friends to help with proofreading if a lot of people want their messages translated.)

A digital message would be amazing, but a physical letter, drawing, photo or anything would be even more amazing! ^_^ If you want to send something physical, please PM or email me for my address (I live in Tokyo). Sending letters to Japan isn't expensive, but sometimes takes a couple of weeks, so make sure you leave plenty of time if you're doing this!
    EDIT: Paper size is 20x25cm. This is slightly smaller than A4.

I'm more than happy to cover the costs of the project, and put everyone's messages together into an album. All I need is your support! All contributions are really appreciated.

My e-mail is jamesoneve@gmail.com
    I'll also try to post regular updates on the project on Twitter (I'm @AKBlogsNet)
    I'm very happy to cover all the costs of the project myself. However, if you want to contribute, please e-mail me about that :)

Deadline: October 31st (I might be able to stretch this a bit if you're sending me physical things, but I at least want to know how much I'm getting by the end of October)

2. the_kaizar

the_kaizar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tashimatenchou
    i have a little question,
    if i would send a digital things such as scanned hand-drawn picture for miichan, so you will print it in paper or burn it to a CD?

3. Neve

Neve Kenkyuusei

I'd print it on paper and put it into the book :)
    I think CDs aren't allowed as gifts.

4. PineappleCrunch

PineappleCrunch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    At last! Well then, I'm gonna think frist what am I gonna make, I hope she gonna liked it!

5. flagator21

flagator21 Member

Thanks for organizing something of this scale, Neve!
    Miichan will love it <3

Everyone, please participate.

6. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Wahhh, I'm in, definitely going to submit something. Wondering if it'd be all right if I reused the banner I made for Haruppi's birthday? It's not personalized and I want to put it with some different scenery. Ideally I'd like to make something for Miichan and not have to reuse but I'm very short on time lately and the banner is nice. :dunno:

Hmmm, but I have a little more time with this one, so we'll see!

7. javilind

javilind Kenkyuusei

I would like to send a physical letter!! I'll try to be as creative as posible and send it as soon as I can.
    I'll send you an e-mail right away.

I'll write in spanish and english, but I'll be great If you can translate me in japanese, haha :D

8. Neve

Neve Kenkyuusei

PineappleCrunch, flaggy, javilind, thank you very much for participating!

I'm sure there would be no problem with re-using the banner :)
    Thank you!!

9. dsdevil48

dsdevil48 Kenkyuusei

im definitely gonna contribute , for miichan!!! :blush: is it alright if i send a hand drawn message? :) that'll be awesome :)

10. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I'm in for both projects!! Thanks to Neve and the Japanese committee!! [clap]

11. Neve

Neve Kenkyuusei

Thanks karles48! ^^

A hand-drawn message would be really awesome!
    You can either scan it in and e-mail it, or I can give you my address in Tokyo - whichever you like :)

12. Riicchi

Riicchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko
    Thank you Neve for organizing this project! :)

I would like to send something to Miichan too! I can't write Japanese at all so I guess I can only send her a message. If I write in English then Neve will translate it into Japanese? Or did I get something wrong now? ^^''

13. Neve

Neve Kenkyuusei

No problem! Thanks for participating :)
    Yup - I'm happy to translate English into Japanese for you.

14. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

Guys i have question about Japan birthday committees project. So the first box is for our message in our native language and the second box is for our own english/japanese translation of our message? Is that it? :confused:

15. Neve

Neve Kenkyuusei

That's right :)
    I think that if your native language is English or Japanese, you just fill in the second box (or if it won't let you do that, I guess just put the same thing in both boxes).

16. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

^Thanks Neve [bow] Then i will use my native language (with engleish translation of course) :)

17. hebh48

hebh48 Kenkyuusei

18. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Ok, I sent the message for the Japanese project. I hope it's ok, the messages looked odd in those tall thin text boxes... :^^;:

I have a question for Neve. I'm going to send you a picture for your project, but I have a doubt. How many pictures will you show on each page? I mean, if you print many pictures on each page and the picture I send you is big, the text might look too small... [think]

19. the_kaizar

the_kaizar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tashimatenchou
    i have same question too,
    and better if you can give the scrapbook's dimension so we can estimating our pictures dimension too.

20. dhikzpratomo

dhikzpratomo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    i have emailed you my message, im sorry that i putting the wrong text i have emailed you the correct text, i've been emailed you twice, please fix it :)
    thank you very much!! :D