Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Isn't it that the image has to be free (as in no copyright?) so Creative Commons images should be ok?
    Another thing however are portrait rights, but these are applied differently to publicly know people.

if my information correctly Miichan talks about her worries about her love life in this program?
    she appears around the 25:50 mark
    funny how they use a painting by Vermeer, the Japanese really love Vermeer, 'Girl Reading a Letter at an Open Window', in the first part they are talking about the letter which is supposed to be from a (secret) lover
    (the cupid painting isn't mentioned on the English Wikipedia page, but is at the Dutch, it's currently being revealed in a restauration paid (partly) by the Hata Foundation in Tokyo as it was painted over about 20 years after the painting's creation)
    https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1k...R1NKh05GJW7I4m2GJ2M2ZC2qeETVynmjWtqJSk59g2c5A

btw, the second painting seems to point to 'illicit' affairs as well (only much more overt as the Vermeer) ....

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  2. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Drag Queen Masaki Durian (Durian Lollobrigida) is Miichan's guest this week (and next week) on her Radio Show
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Miichan looks absolutely tiny next to him

One of the things I like about Miichan is that she seems to take people as they are, regardless of what society might thinkof those people, there's an anecdote from the past were another drag queen was kinda mean to Miichan during a tv show ... but they ended up as friends

btw, Miichan is again really busy with amongst others Downtown DX

Masaki Durian tweeted this
    https://twitter.com/masaki_durian/status/1390188685778243584
    ========================
    峯岸みなみさん、 実際にお会いしてお話しをしてみると とても聡明で優しい女性ということを知りました。 彼女の禁酒が明けて、 ちょっと社会が落ち着いたら、 是非一緒に飲みに行きたいわぁ
    -------------------------------------------
    Minegishi Minami, When I actually met and talked to her, I found out that she was a very intelligent and kind woman. After her abstinence, If the society calms down a little, I definitely want to go drinking with you
    ------------------------------------------

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Miichan on Downtown DX 5/6 (credit to uploader):
    https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1gf4y1W76P

Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 22.15.02.jpg

EDIT: According to this article from Sponichi Annex (with yet another old photo) she talked about her future and that she's unable to predict her annual income:
    https://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2021/05/07/kiji/20210507s00041000391000c.html

And another article about Miichan on the show (with an even younger photo) in which it says there was some sort of analysis of her face by a professor for her personality and character:
    https://asageimuse.com/excerpt/2413

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Gachapin taking a break
    [​IMG]

They kinda try to make it about Miichan getting into a 'fight' with Matsumoto, but to be honest, this is what happens all the time at these kind of TV shows .... and Miichan must know both of them really well by now as she has been appearing on their shows for years now, and even when her popularity in AKB was pretty low, so I guess they see her potential as a variety person (and as the article points out, Matsumoto is partly responsible for her 'revival' as a variety person).

and it might have been an old photo, it's not a bad one

from the other article
    well, I've seen miimamma a few times, she seems like a down to earth kinda person, and she and her dad still run the same establishment, nothing fancy, so I'm pretty sure Miichan's mum has saved or invested part of what Miichan has earned in the past.
    And remember Miichan buying her MacBook ... takai desu ne ....I'm pretty sure she lives comfortably, but not opulent
    (ok, there is that prada dress of course .... )
    and of course she 'worried' about the future, everyone would be, leaving a steady job

btw
    I read it as she doesn't really know her annual income, and to be honest, I couldn't tell you mine either, I just know I have enough to do things I like :/

and Miichan's target in Dokkiri GP was ...
    Miion
    ================
    #ドッキリGP ありがとうございました!!! みぃちゃんとバラエティで共演できてとっても嬉しかった
    背後で恋チュン踊ってたのとか全然知らなかったんですけど…一番こわい…
    -----------------------------------
    #ドッキリGP Thank you very much! !! !! I was very happy to be able to co-star with Mii-chan in a variety show.
    I had no idea that she was dancing KFC behind my back or anything, but ... the scariest ...
    -------------------------
    [​IMG]
    btw, I think it's kinda funny they added a skirt to to gachapin costume

and Miichan did a collab with the real 'Gachapin'

if the video does not show watch the video here

one of the things you didn't know you wanted to see ... till you saw it
    [​IMG]

btw, this song is just perfect for Miichan's voice

ow, she ended with 'till next week' ... see, my japanese classes weren't completely in vain ;)

ow, and she appeared on Gachapin's channel as well

who is the real Gachapin :D

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  5. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Miichan's recent appearances:

May 6th:
    • TFM "Yappari Kyou mo Homeraretai" (21:00 JST) / TFM「やっぱり今日も褒められたい」
    • Nihon Terebi "Downtown DX" (21:54 JST) / 日本テレビ「ダウンタウンDX」
    • Asahi Housou "Yasutomo no Ittate Shinken desu!" (23:17 JST) / 朝日放送「やすとものいたって真剣です」
    May 8th:
    • Kansai Terebi "Uramayo!" (13:00 JST) / 関西テレビ「ウラマヨ!」
    • Fuji Terebi "Geinou-jin ga Honki de Kangaeta! Dokkiri GP" (19:00 JST) / フジテレビ「芸能人が本気で考えた!ドッキリGP」
    She's been quite busy :1st:

You can watch her Downtown DX appearance by scrolling up to @David61's post. The Dokkiri GP is what is referenced above by @dutchie.

The Yappari Kyou mo Homeraretai clip from this week hasn't been uploaded yet, but this dedicated youtube channel does post them frequently: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChqv5tQgNVfKRHU_7JYXRDw/videos

Here you can watch the full episode of Yasutomo no Ittate Shinken desu – Miichan appears after 21:19
    mod: edit, video was DMCAd

As for today's appearances, it might be a bit early to find uploads for it

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  6. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I would almost say, Sasshii level busy :)

And the Dokkiri GP part with Miion is online as well (another part with Shiichan is in her thread)
    https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1jK4y1d7qV?from=search&seid=4260561365944138116

Miion appears around the 17 minute mark

Miichan's reaction to finding out it's Miion is kinda cute, it almost looks like she doesn't want to go through with it

(and I like how those program show part of Miichan's graduation video, even after a year I still think that's just an awesome MV, and more people should see it)

not sure why Sakkii posted this today, but it's a nice pic anyways ;)
    [​IMG]
    source: https://twitter.com/Sakii_Kitazawa/status/1391238273591246848

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    According to AKBKingdom on twitter Komiharu and Miichan had the following exchange
    https://twitter.com/48gTalk/status/1391349422508830725

Komiyama Haruka : What should I do after you graduate ?

Minegishi Minami : What I want you to do is get used to it. And I want you to be a person that everyone is comfortable with. Because if you can do that , you can do your best for others even if I'm gone.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I think I mentioned it before and it probably sounds strange, but for Komiharu to develop it's probably better for Miichan to graduate, as while Miichan is around there will always be Miichan's shadow
    You could see that in that documentary where Komiharu was already team captain, Miichan was always in the background, placing herself slightly outside the team, I'm sure that was partly because Miichan wanted Komiharu to be able to really be the leader of Team K, but that's not easy with a senpai (and former captain) like Miichan present.
    (and yeah I'm sure Komiharu consulted often with Miichan, going as far as calling Miichan an un-official co-captain (along with another senior member) )

But yeah ... it will be strange for all the Minechiru next month

edit:
    to be honest, keeping Miichan in Team K was a weird decision, I mean, the could have kept Miichan in Team K as a regular member, sure, but it might have been a good idea to give her some responsibilities outside Team K, that would of course not to be the Soukantoku, as rightly that position was given to Miion, but imho they could/should have used Miichan experience and known ability to coach kohai to maybe make her (co)manager of Team 8 (and add a kennin, so she would really have been a part of all AKB's teams ;) )
    (or if there was still such a thing as the AKB group, put her in charge of coaching the kenkyusei group wide)
    That would have meant that maybe Miichan would not have been present all that often during Team K rehearsals and gave Komiharu more space to develop.
    (and as Miichan stated she felt lonely even in Team K, it might not have made much difference for her, and even been a plus)
    (btw, with almost all team captains being minechiru, this 'problem' of Miichan being such a senior member would be there in any team)

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  8. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 1
  9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Miichan would have been a senpai no matter what team she'd have been in. I don't think it would have mattered which team it was, any of the captains are a lot lower in seniority than Miichan and all of them know Miichan has a lot of experience as both a member and a captain, and might have tried to look to her for advice. There's nothing Miichan could have done, whether it was Komiharu, Berin, Juri/Sahho or Yuiri.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Yeah, that’s basically what I also concluded, hence an extra function outside those teams

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  11. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    MAiDiGi

Haruka Komiyama cries involuntarily

Update (less than 24 hours)

• Like Like x 2
  12. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    ow, man ... seeing Komiharu break down like that in the second video at 3:38 just breaks your heart :(

btw, Mogichan is growing on me as a member

ow, and who wants to take a bet on Gachapin making an appearance at Miichan's graduation concert?

13. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    So even when Miichan eventually takes down her portrait .... she will still be there :)

she may not be kami 7 ... but she's still a legend in her own right

(I should mention that there are people asking on twitter if the other members who have surpassed 1k performances have/will get a plaque as well ... which is a valid question)

https://mirror.asahi.com/article/14343373
    short talk between Miichan and Hiccorohee, a feminist comedian and guest on Miichan's radio program
    This time's partner
    Mr. Hiccorohee

He is a cool, outlaw comedian known for his one-man skits called "Hickorokonto". He is also a great comedian. He is active on TV, live and Youtube!
    He currently has over 180,000 followers on YouTube

---------------------

Minami Minegishi (Minegishi): I first came to know about HIKOROHI-san through her column. I think there was an article about feminists, and until I read that article I had a bit of a fearful image of feminists. But after reading your column, I realized that I'm not a special person. It made me want to know more about them.

Click here to read HIKOROHI's column about her thoughts on being called a "feminist comedian".

Hiccorohee: It's still a bit scary, isn't it?

Hiccorohee: "It's a society of comedians who say, 'Laugh at sexual harassment. But...

Minegishi: As a female comedian, I'm sure you've had a lot of unpleasant experiences in male society.

Hiccorohee: I don't know. Nowadays it's called sexual harassment, but as a comedian it's a bit vague. The basic premise of the job is to laugh at whatever is said.

For example, when you meet a male comedian and he asks you, "Your tits are so small" or "When did you have sex recently? There are female comedians who would reply in a serious and healthy way. I'm a C cup," or, "When did you have sex? And they're like, "That's not funny" or "I don't want to hear that".

So I'm the type of person who's been pretty stubborn. Like, "That's not funny!" when I was being sexually harassed. But it's not just comedians, I think it's the same in society in general. Whenever someone takes a harsh attitude, there are girls who say, "I don't think it's sexual harassment at all," or "I'm fine. I don't think it's sexual harassment at all.

It wasn't hard for me to watch them, but I felt like I couldn't do it myself.

Minegishi: The girls who say things like that are probably hurting themselves, aren't they? It's not what they really think, it's just a way to get by. ......

Hiccorohee: It's true, isn't it? It's the kind of charm that ...... you're made to wear. You don't really have to do that. I think it's a good idea to get a clearer idea of what you're talking about.

Minegishi: "Even when I saw terrible replies, I thought, 'It's wrong to be hurt.

Minegishi: It makes you think. I heard that you used to work part-time at a snack bar. I've heard that you used to work part-time at a snack bar, where alcohol is involved and there are more people than in the workplace who think, "Well, I work here, so I should be allowed to say this much.

Hiccorohee: It does happen. They say things like, "You've got big legs" or "You've got a big back" or something to that effect. They compare you to other people. It's more so when you're in a group, isn't it?

Minegishi: Wow! It happens a lot. !!!! At the time, I didn't care about it, but now I think it's okay to be sad.

Hiccorohee: I think there are a lot of people who look at idols and think they have a tough job. Even looking at the replies on Twitter, it's terrible.

Minegishi: It's only recently that I've realised how crazy those replies are. I thought it was inevitable when you're doing this kind of work. I thought it was just something you had to do when you were doing this kind of work, like getting weird images and sexual replies.

Hiccorohee: What, you're sending those to teenagers?

Minegishi: Yes. It's been like that since I was in junior high school, so I thought that's what it was like to be an idol. Even if I get sexual replies, it doesn't take away from me, it doesn't diminish me. I was brought up in an environment where I thought it was wrong to be hurt because I was too sensitive. But now I realise that it's not right.

Hiccorohee: "It's very meaningful that Miichan, an idol, is expressing feminist ideas.

Hiccorohee: Japanese female idols and feminist ideas are sometimes in conflict. It's very difficult to know how to convey such ideas, but the fact that Miichan is doing it on the radio is very meaningful.

Minegishi: What I want to say to the younger members is that it's OK to be sad, to be hurt, to say you don't like something.

Hiccorohee: I think that's a reassuring thing to say. I think it's important to try not to worry about it, because it hurts more if you take it too seriously. But I think it's abnormal to do it at such an impressionable age, and to force people to take it for granted.

Minegishi: "I hope Hikoorohi's column reaches all kinds of women!

Minegishi: It was your column that made me think this. At first I thought, "Oh, this is something that's been talked about a lot recently, but I don't understand it yet. When I read it again today, it really touched my heart. I hope that this kind of feeling will reach many women.

HiccoroheeI's popular column: 10 years of being called a 'female comedian'. It's a lie not to think about gender bias
    Hiccorohee: Thank you. When the book comes out, I'll ask Miichan to be the publicity captain!

Minegishi: Please let me write the obi (cover/sleeve text)!

---------------------------
    I want to praise Minami Minegishi secretly later (By Hiccorohee)
    The most dainty and beautiful! A kind person who can be close to others' weaknesses.
    You must hand it to Miichan, her guests are sure interesting and 'non-conforming'

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    All HKT48 member who surpass 1000 performances also get a plaque too, so I do expect this will become the tradition. As of now, no other AKB48 members have surpassed 1000 performances.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    correct me if I'm wrong but Yuirii passed the 1000 mark before Miichan in early 2020 (and those were all 1000 full performances as a member iirc, while some people casted doubt on Miichan's total tally)

there is a online spreadsheet somewhere, with all the different ways of counting it

17. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Yuiri has surpassed 1000 performances - some quick research has come up with a date of 2020/01/18 for her and 2020/02/21 for Miichan.

Source for Yuiri: https://akb48.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-31698.html
    Source for Miichan: https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2155997/

18. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
  19. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    It is valid, and innosu was faster than me, but Yuirii also has a plaque already. I'm sure they'll keep doing it for other members, too. I think it's a nice legacy to have, especially if there's only 2 of them so far. I know it'd be something I personally would aim for if I was part of AKB48. You can't control how much fans are gonna love you, how much they're gonna vote and buy HS tickets, but participating in the theatre is something you can control somewhat. It's very inspiring to see this happening for Miichan now too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. cool_.bruh

cool_.bruh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    You know I just thought of something how ironic both Minami’s had their Graduations postponed for over a year(don’t know if someone said it yet)