[MOVIE] Ultraman Saga - 2012/3/24

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by sikanwan, Jan 14, 2012.

1. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    Official Website: http://www.ultramansaga.com/

Promotion Video:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOm1bQLiUgs[/yt]

2. Hugh B Hayve

Hugh B Hayve Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Reia Yanase
    Wow, Ultraman is still around? I remember watching dubbed episodes of the show when I was younger, it looked like the original was a 70's era type TV show with really primitive special FX. It was still fun to watch because it was different than the N. American shows and kinda reminded me of Godzilla movies, which I've always been a huge fan of. From watching the preview, it looks like the modern version doesn't stray to much from the original concept, with way better FX than the original. It'll definitely be worth checking out if the AKB48 members that are listed are part of it.

3. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Sikanwan you finally made a thread for this. I don't have a clue what Ultraman is about but I sure look forward to this one. The trailer looked good in a cheesy kind of way. Good chance for these members to show what they can do and it's good to see some different girls for change. Nurse Suuchan :inlove:

4. Yui-Oshimen-Sama

Yui-Oshimen-Sama Kenkyuusei

I'm surprised this has only just been posted, the announcement about AKB isn't exactly new, and this place is normally the first place I find AKB stuff out. Funny thing is that PV you've linked there has caused some complaints from the Ultra fans (I'm very sort of one, but haven't watched the series yet) cause of AKB being the first characters they show. It's probably just drawing fans in as much as anything, Ultraman itself is a big deal given how old it is. I think the choice of girls is important actually, as aside from Sae (and maybe Sayaka) they're hardly the most high-profil of members, so it's not really, as some Ultra fans are presuming they're there just to draw fans, which may be part of it I guess, but clearly thats not the whole picture. Surprisingly though Team U isn't doing the theme song.

Oh and Ultraman started in 66 if your interested.

5. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Huraay, a thread for this :awesome:

I'm actually quite excited to watch this tbh. The 2 anniversary movies before it were good, so i'm sure this one will be equally amazing, even more so w/ AKB members in it [party] [party]

-The first of this part here is more directed at the movie itself if anything-

Personally, I am quite interested in the plot of this film tbh. Considering it doesn't take place in the original timeline but rather in the timeline of the series from 1996 to 1998, it should be quite interesting to watch. Also, it is great to see another form of the classic Zetton kaiju to be used as the co-antagonist of this film.

(To anyone wants to know, Zetton is the final kaiju to appear in the original 1966 ultraman series, and has been re-used in subsequent series set in the same timeline due to its role in the last episode of the series *being the only kaiju in the orginal series to have actually defeated Ultraman in battle*)

-The remaining of this part is more directed towards AKB being in this film-

You know, I was really quite surprised when I heard AKB48 was gonna appear in this film. And to be casted as what could be by far the only all-female team in the entire ultraman franchise is really quite impressive well. What i'm most excited though, is the possibilities this could bring, I would love to see AKB appear in more Ultraman films or even in a series

(Even a cameo appearence would be nice :awesome: )

6. Yui-Oshimen-Sama

As far as I read it's actually another new universe, just Asuka and Musashi(?) along with Zero's new host just wound up there somehow.

7. KyuketsuNyanNyan

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    ^ Ahh, you're right....it is another universe lol....my bad :^^;:

As a slight off-topic note, its really nice of Tsuburaya to add Ultraman Cosmos into this film. Was wondering why he was the only Ultraman that did not get into any of the recent films. And again, cheers to using the classic Zetton kaiju as the Final Boss(?) of the film.

(Also, from the new of some preview pictures and info, it looks like Team U has a rather nice role in the new film......considering they're the only few ppl left in that universe according to plot canon)

8. Yui-Oshimen-Sama

By the recent films you mean since Superior 8 Brothers right? Yeah Cosmos is definitely the most prominent ultra to not be in any recent films. I think he's in this one part because it's the Cosmos 10th anniversary and part to explain how Saga winds up existing (think Legend). The only other Ultra's I can think of who haven't appeared since their own films/series are Agul and Justice (and Legend by extension), and maybe Nice. Jonias I think appeared in some special extra film from 2003 along with everyone, and I think Zearth was in that too. Apparently Cosmos' actor was in Ultra Galaxy the movie though, in character on the Pendragon.

9. KyuketsuNyanNyan

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    ^ I almost forgot that it was the 10th anniversary of the Ultraman Cosmos series :^^;:

But yeah, it'd make sense to add Cosmos into the movie to explain how Saga comes about in the movie. So his character was in the Ultra Galaxy Legends film......must've missed him lol :XD:

Note to self: Rewatch the recent movies again later

Since this is somewhat relevent....

Info + pictures of Team U in the film (Taken from forum which name I forgot)

LINK: http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r193 ... ho048_.jpg

^ Loving the robot thingys lol :awesome:

10. Yui-Oshimen-Sama

If I'm honest I've actually only watched Ultraman from the Ultra Galaxy movie and after that at the moment, so I wouldn't have recgnised him even if he was there. The only question I have is if they had him for the movie, why not bring him from his universe like Asuka? I mean Asuka's appearance was meant to follow directly on from the last episode of Dyna apparently, but here if Cosmos is there, he's just there. He doesn't even help in the final battle, which seems a bit of a waste.

11. KyuketsuNyanNyan

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

^ This of which i'm quite curious as well......while it is true that Asuka's appearence is a direct follow-up of what happened to him in the last episode of Dyna, theres no connection between Cosmos and the original universe at all. And I also agree that it was a waste to include his human form in the film but not include him in the final battle if he was in the movie at all.

(Even though the end-credits scene in the 3rd and final Cosmos movie has Musashi and Cosmo flying into space as seperate beings together so this might explain why he doesn't help in the final battle if he was there)

---------------------

That aside, I am really looking forward to see how this film fares....I mean, while Ultraman is already a huge franchise in Japan, things should become really interesting now that AKB has been added to it as well. Mega Boost Jump in profits anyone? :awesome:

12. Yui-Oshimen-Sama

I just took a quick look at some subs for Ultra Galaxy Legends, it seems Musashi's the guy who contacts Pendragon briefly when it first appears in the movie.

13. KyuketsuNyanNyan

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    ^ Took a look at that as well, its confirmed that he appeared in the movie now :XD:

cheers! :D

(If this ends up faring very well, we might have some new collaborations coming up.....hopefully :) )

14. NeverHome

NeverHome Kenkyuusei

After watching the video, my old ultraman-fanboy-hormones started to kick in again! Seriously, DAIGO+AKB+Other Ultramen from my childhood= Awesomeness!

I'll be in Japan around this time too, so I'll catch it in the cinema :D, looking forward for it.

15. Yui-Oshimen-Sama

I am personally more of a RIder and Sentai fan, but I've enjoyed what I've seen of Ultraman so far, I'll definitely watch it when raws show up.

Randomguest, on the Musashi thing, that just raises even more quetions if he's just there as a cameo doesn't it?

16. KyuketsuNyanNyan

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Yes, it does. But, I think that its either,

A: Just like how Asuka (Dyna), Daigo (Tiga) and Gamu (Gaia) knew eachother in the Superior 8 Brothers universe, the Musashi from the Ultra Galaxy Legends universe is different from the original one, so he just a cameo there.

Or

B: Its the same Musashi from the Cosmos series universe, travelling to this universe in search of a planet of sorts (thats what the subs pointed anyways)

Whichever the case, since he is confirmed to have appeared in the movie, I guess either theory is true.

EDIT:

Another trailer (old) w/ some clips of Team U

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f6ibRy0Fms[/yt]

17. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    ^ The acting of the Ultramen was absolutely terrible :XD:

But Sayaka was top notch. :approve:

And woohoo, it's coming out in 3D too... :XD:

18. Angelii

Angelii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kishinorika
    Turns out DiVA's new song is the theme song then.

19. KyuketsuNyanNyan

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Updated version of the first trailer w/ theme song at the end [party]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoqzAv_RmKw[/yt]

(I must say, i am quite loving this song :inlove: :inlove: )

20. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnwWMfF1USQ[/yt]

Trailer with DiVA's Lost the Way