MUB48 & DEL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    I was thinking of sending a message to their email, but I can not access the site. If you can, I advise you to email them.

2. onego123

onego123 Member

Sent. Hopefully I get a somewhat satisfying answer.

3. CDXVII

CDXVII Kenkyuusei

The website also works for me. Maybe unlike the other groups, they're keeping this hidden from the public eye?

4. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    The audition form is still there on the site

also in their FB Page, their latest post is way back in July 23

5. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Oh dear. I hope this isn't a flop. :-( I was really excited.

6. TNAmarkFromIndia

TNAmarkFromIndia Kenkyuusei

I wondered if it was a good idea to have accept members through only online applications. I hope that's not the only way they're accepting members and are doing some ground work in Mumbai that I don't know of. Most people in India don't know what AKB48 is, so they'd have no idea what they're getting into applying for MUM48.

Since the last time I posted here, I've been getting into AKB48 a lot more too. I now recognize a lot more members than I used to.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Question: do you think the culture in India would be good for a 48 group, anyway? It seems like the girls would be seen less favorably, harassed more and treated like property all around? The reason I ask is the tidbits of information I hear from news and other sources and does not reflect the country as a whole. But in reality, would this kind of thing be of interest to the middle-aged men of certain out of the way areas that could make life difficult, especially once they get the idea that they can "buy the girls attention" for a few seconds? Wasn't there a wota who set fire to a girl somewhere in Japan? I'm just asking these questions because I don't have any grasp on culture in India and I hear a lot of bad things in regards to the caste system and the entertainment industry as well as women in general...but I bet it'd be easy to find only the bad things in any country if I'm not careful. :p

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    My guess is they are having a hard time finding applicants? I barely notice any wotas helping out to make this proj possible, so im not sure if the community is supportive to this idea.

9. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Well, there're more Japanese people liking Indian stuffs than Indian people liking Japanese stuffs. Seems the popularity of Bahubali, an Indian fantasy movie in Japan (a Japanese friend of mine really likes this movie!) was one of the reasons of why AKB48 dares to expand to India, where Kpop isn't even popular. Doraemon is popular in India but nothing more.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  10. TNAmarkFromIndia

Yeah it's hard to imagine some of the stuff that is common for 48 groups to be implemented in India. It's hard to imagine a handshake event in India without any mishaps. It's hard to imagine even a theatre based on the group. I'm not sure if idolizing young girls will go without its share of controversy, though that depends on how they present the group. The producer, who is a woman herself, already made this project about women empowerment. Also interesting to see would be who the target demographic is. It's mostly middle aged men for AKB48 if I'm not wrong, but for MUM48 it might be a younger demographic, both males and females.
    Kids' channels like Disney Channel and Hungama air Japanese anime like Doraemon, Shinchan and Ninja Hattori almost all day. Pokemon and Beyblade used to be huge but not as much now. Takeshi's Castle is probably still as popular as ever. MUM48 was announced before Bahubali released in Japan, I think. But even then, Bahubali isn't huge or anything in Japan. Japanese in general don't know much about India except Indian curry.

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    I really think the problem is that few girls have signed up for the auditions. Let's hope everything works out for this group, I can not wait for MUM48!

Let's see MUM48 recording the MV for River near the Ganges River.:banana:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Sheiladesu

Sheiladesu Kenkyuusei

I hope Mumbai48 at least debuts in early 2019. Since Rashmi Sharma is involved, I wonder if she will produce a serial for them too haha.

13. TNAmarkFromIndia

I'm so hoping they copy the game show format of AKBingo. There's no Indian show like that on TV. It would get crazy popular like Takeshi's Castle did.

But if not, the easiest thing would be to have some sort of comedy show to bring out the members' personalities. There are enough comedians in India who could be the MCs.

14. animevoicejanai

animevoicejanai Kenkyuusei

I wonder is India safe enough for the girls later?

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. onego123

onego123 Member

It's officially been 2 weeks since I emailed MUM's agency. I'm determining that they saw my email, and ignored it.

16. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Its sad to know that this group have a high possibility it will follow the TPE route.

Hopefully it will not.

17. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Inside source says the audition was supposed to end in September. :hehe: So don't expect more from MUM. We don't know how long it will be delayed.

18. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Are you saying they're.... keeping mum .... on the subject?

• Winner Winner x 3
  19. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    That was... horrible sdfkjhsf

20. ColorfulMonsters48

ColorfulMonsters48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    I had asked my Indian female cousine, she told me there is two friends who try to get in but it's hard for them because family problems and one of them doesn't have internet. I guess this a problem for more girls. But there are a lot young men to support them... even if just 1% will support them