Muto Tomu (Tomu) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    how did you know that?? any references?

2. ayaelectro

ayaelectro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
  3. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
  4. ayaelectro

ayaelectro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Yes! They are!
    Tomu acts as if she doesn't really care about her sister but actually she is.
    She sent a very long mobame after the announcement of preliminary result for sousenkyo, she expressed her concern about the burden that Orin carries under her shadow.

5. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    i cant find her mobame posted by any other fans :^^;:.. its tough for being fans outside japan really..:fp: anyway, ya she cares about her sister of course, just like when she said that she didnt have time to buy some souvenir from sendai(?) but actually she ended up buying a cake for Orin.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  6. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
  7. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    Looks like the declining of Tomu's AKB media activities has begun.

The hope for Tomu becoming an important AKB48 member is fading unless AKS will focus on teams again, which I doubt.

8. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    Watching MUSIC DAY hours ago made me remember how happy she seemed during LOVE TRIP live last year, Tomu's smile back then was really sparkling.

I'm worried about the lack of activities that may come in the upcoming months, hope she gets photoshoots or is included in the next single (I always wish for the same everytime the lineup is announced, but since she dropped off SSK, it worries me that she won't be considered as part of media senbatsu).

9. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Eh. Wait until after the 17th before getting all gloomy lol. She's still really busy with practices for her play.

10. ayaelectro

ayaelectro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    I am also worried about this issue but there is still a hope. Lets think positively that she is unable to perform along with akb48 due to stage play.

But to be honest I've been waiting for another photoshoot because she hasn't done any in the past few months.

On the the other note, kindly check this video from Kimagure stage in which she stated that she has considered about next year ssk although it remains unclear whether she will join it or not.
    https://twitter.com/gura_ring/status/878565277121695744

11. SweetMouth48

SweetMouth48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    I hope that management keeps pushing Tomu. At least keeping her in the backrow of senbatsu or something.

12. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Tomu did a brief makeup stream this morning before heading to practice for BLACK 10

Tomu Showroom 2017-07-02

if the video does not show watch the video here

Also it looks like her earlier stream from the 25th wasn't posted here:

Tomu Showroom 2017-06-25

if the video does not show watch the video here

Also in her latest mobame she confirmed that her absences from recordings, stages, and (maybe, though not specifically mentioned) live performances has been because of her almost daily play practices. Since her chances to appear in public have gotten a lot smaller, and to keep us from forgetting her, she's going to try to increase her social media presence (Showroom, mobame specifically mentioned, hopefully twitter and renewed G+/755).

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  13. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Tomu has never get favor from mngmt tho, it won't make any difference at all.. She almost achieved everything she did cause herself fans and members, mngmt almost didnt included actually.. I don't ever mind if they do it again towards her.. It won't change anything, Tomu will still rise to kami7 next year's sousenkyo if she's still in the group and participate you know.. So let be it.. Although I also want her to be the center of senbatsu single, definitely [hehe]

14. ayaelectro

ayaelectro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    I am not sure whether Tomu is really a center material but I enjoy watching her performance becoming the center of love trip. I love the way she jumps. Haha.
    But, she is indeed a top-3 material. I love her being the top 3 on Thumbnail stage, Team K stage, and for several AKB only concert.
    Oh and by the way, when she did her SR makeup streaming, she sent a mobame saying that one of her purposes to do it was to keep in touch with her fans because she won't be around in AKB for several weeks. She is afraid that people will forget her thus she frequently tweets and streams SR whenever she is available.

15. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Performance-wise she's definitely center material. The center tends to have to talk a lot before/after the performance when they show up on TV though, and while Tomu's talk has significantly improved, I think she still does better when the focus isn't directly on her, or when she's surrounded by people she's comfortable with as opposed to TV hosts and Johnny's.

16. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    definitely.. she has a really good dance move, energetic and great posture. and of course shes very pretty too.. she almost has everything for being center (just like when she centered show fight!), except mngmt's favor.

but thats okay, I loved her even tho she never got center or front position in akb single.. and I will always do! Very happy she's now lifting up her intensity in social media, so we could always know how she's doing :)

17. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
  18. g_you

g_you Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tomu muto
    ^ Also Tomu is in the line-up of Jounetsu Tairiku LIVE!

^^ She's back in the game y'all ! :)

19. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Besides Tomu, the lineup for that is... well...

I've seen better.

Wonderful photo posted just now by the TEAM ODAC Twitter (the company putting on Tomu's play):
    [​IMG]

20. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    Tomu's stage show premiere is tomorrow! Let's hope this will bring her to the next level :D

:arrow: A couple of (pretty) selfies from Tomu twitter:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

She went to the Qpu salon for what I assume the stage show tomorrow.

Regarding Tomu as center, I think she can serve well as one. She doesn't dominate yet still have a pretty strong flavor and character (i.e. not boring). Her performance skills may not be as high as someone like Tano and Nana, nor as versatile as someone like Megu (my favorite performer), but she can be lively and suit many types of songs, but her flavor/character may not work for everybody.

I think one of the reasons why Tomu doesn't get the casual fans' attention is her "exoticness", not generic-cute enough to have a wide appeal or have that one trait that everyone falls for. But if you actually like and follow her, the fans can get pretty hardcore LOL I mean, she's not exactly an unknown, she does sell-out handshake slots year in year out without major AKB48-related pushes. Since Mion joined Team K, she's been consistently the second-best seller. She usually sells as much or sometimes better than Juri, but Juri is pulling away and has always had been the preferred one by AKS. Tomu skipping this year's SSK will also hurt her in terms of AKB48 stuff, I think. I don't think she'll even feature in the 49th single, that's few months of not included in the single promotion cycle... but hopefully the rest of the things she's doing will make up for it.

Tomu is also getting the reputation among members and fans for being very nice, to seniors, same-generation mates, and juniors, and very appreciative of her fans (no single complaint/report of a salty correspondence with Tomu). Casual fans just aren't willing to check her out and they have some preconceived notions of her character maybe thanks to some vocal antis.