Nagahama Neru (Neru) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by CutePanda, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    Hello. I don't know if there is member audition in near future.

You can read my girlfriend comment as "in case management decides to recruit a new generation". That doesn't implied the management will do auditions, also there is no official announce on the official website/twitter (in general is the first place where you can get information about news).

What you shared in the groups thread is really interesting. But the final decision is from the management.

2. Rev4

Rev4 Member

We have to see about it. A new fiscal year in Japan begins in April so that's when I expect announcement of an audition to apply to (and Kageyama and Aoi coming back from studies) if there is one.

I agree on W-Keyakizaka part but I'm getting worried about no announcement for a Neru grad concert. You can start to buy tickets for 3rd anniversary live? If I was management I would announce a grad concert for Neru in the last day of 3rd anniversary and surprise fans with a special performance as encore with Kanji and Hiragana to perform W-Keyakizaka no Uta for the last time. Fits Neru's grad concert as she is the reason why Hiragana existed in the first place.

We will never see W-Keyakizaka performed again when Kanji moves on as 1st gen Keyaki and Hiragana moves on as 1st gen Hinata. Neru parts ways and both are now going separated ways like Neru. It's sad to think about it.

But as they say, one chapter ends and a new chapter begins. I don't want to think much. Hinata gets created and Neru in her thoughts "My time here is over, I will go study now".

Edit: (OT) Zarquon explained it so well in the Yuri Kitagawa thread:

"It means research student. I don't really follow 48 groups, but as I understand it, it's girls who make it through auditions but haven't been put into a team. They're doing the same thing with sakamichi now with the 18 finalists that haven't been assigned to a group. I believe they're calling them kenjuusei (trainee) in sakamichi though."

"SKE48's Kenkyuusei (研究生). They fill in for absent members in the theater and are promoted to official members of SKE48 to replace graduated members.They currently have 20 kenkyuuseis."

So who ever among 18 finalists that was assigned to Keyaki is gonna replace Neru when she graduates.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  3. keyaaa

keyaaa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nagahama neru
    just some update from neru
    -recently went out with momo
    -will talk about her graduation on kochi hoshi
    anything else?

4. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 5
  5. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
  6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Here's my translation of Neru's long and important blog post. Sorry it's late. I've been busy with Hinatazaka, lol. Thanks to @too much idea for getting a translation up quickly. But I'm dedicated to translating all her posts, so I've gone ahead and done this one, too.

I was happy to see Neru apologize deeply for leaving Hiragana in the lurch by leaving them to go exclusively to Kanji in the middle of Hiragana's tour. The only thing I have ever held against Neru is her treatment of Hiragana, with whom she spent so little time, always having to rehearse with Kanji. But the 1gens seem to love her deeply, so I guess she did a lot for them when she could be there.

And she said that she hears people asking "what if" (she had stayed with Hiragana) but still is glad for everything that happened.

It was also interesting to see her admit openly that she is not that good at singing and dancing. She was quite embarrassed at finding herself dropping behind even the Hiraganas she was supposed to lead. She said it made it hard to be the cool senpai -- so she gave up trying.

It was also fascinating to see her say that when she was standing in the wings watching Keyakizaka go onstage to do Silent Majority, she did not feel "one millimeter" of regret or sadness. She thanked all the Keyaki-chans for accepting her, despite her entering under special circumstances, and despite how hard it was to see new members being recruited.

She praised the Hinatazaka Debut Countdown Live which she attended, and said she fell in love with Kyun as soon as she heard it. She also wants to people to listen to Mimi ni Ochiru Namida, as well as Kimi ni Hanashite Okitai Koto from the Keyaki single. Here's Neru's photo from her seat, with Memi waving (at her?) on the lower right.

[​IMG]

She says that the entire Keyaki group -- all generations of both Kanji and Hiragana -- got together for a meal recently, to wish Hiragana well.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Sam_E

Sam_E Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    野口衣織
    Twitter:
    SamuelEdwards
    Why would you hold that against Neru and not management? I don't think she would have had much of a choice at the time.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Good point, thanks. But it's hard for me to think that management has all the say, since I want to treat the members as full-scale people, not ignorant pawns. And Aki-P does listen to them sometimes, and in some ways. I could be wrong to blame her, but it's how I felt/feel it.

I have been into Neru since the moment she arrived and into Hiragana from the time of their auditions, so I was right with them all at the time and could feel frustration that Neru was never there. Week after week. Management has final say, but the members have opinions, too, and I think Neru was always more focused on Kanji than on Hiragana. Whatever she says in this week's blog post, I always had the feeling she was desperate to be considered really part of Kanji, after the difficult situation of her arrival. Think of the delicate dance she had to do with Yone, after Yone looked her in the eye that first day and said she didn't think she could ever be friends. Very human on Yone's part, but I hold that against her, too.

And management gave Neru the choice, in the end, to drop one or the other if she wanted to, and she chose to drop Hiragana. I don't blame her, since it was a very human choice, for personal and professional reasons, but I did and do feel badly for Hiragana. One more hardship that they have gloriously overcome.

I love Neru, but not because she's perfect. She doesn't have to be.

And thanks again to @too much idea for that Neru Aeon card advert. Great mini-drama. Neru could be planning to go to university, but she could also be planning to act. Possibly both.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  9. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    Don't blame Neru-chan for bad management decisions.

Neru-chan suffered a lot of stress and depression. You could saw it in her eyes during HS events back then.
    She has no responsibility that her agenda has been more focused on Kanji. She has been the member with the hardest path.

I can't even imagine her feelings of impotence. And are you trying to imply that she had everything calculated?, That she did not care what happened with Hiragana?

Neru-chan never asked to be part of a group called "Hiragana Keyakizaka46", she wanted to be a Keyakizaka46 member, she worked hard on the auditions... she was the "S" rank candidate.

I'm glad and proud to be an Ohisama and Hiragana Keyaki fan since the first day, but all we know here that Hiragana was born from a desperate idea.

I love Neru-chan and I was her fan since she appeared (even with the risk that she would give up because the pressure).

Neru-chan always showed her love towards Hiragana Keyakizaka and their members. Even with her busy schedule, we know she talked with the members. She was on the backstage during Hinatazaka46 Debut Countdown to talk with them (probably announcing her graduation too). And all because Hiragana and their members are too important for Neru-chan.

I can't tolerate someone implying something wrong about Neru-chan.

Even on the last HS, Neru-chan wrote on Memi-chan line name "get well soon", because Memi-chan was bad with her throat.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Do you think this will get people to go for the Aeon card? I do:

[​IMG]

Too bad people are so touchy about any slight criticism of Neru. She is far bigger than that. One little criticism is nothing. I can criticise because I like her so much. I have been translating her blog for the past couple of years. I think I have a right to an opinion. And my opinion can be wrong because I'm human, like everyone else.

@Xiphyas -- ..."I can't tolerate someone implying something wrong about Neru-chan..." So you're saying Neru isn't human? Put my comment in context and relax. This isn't a situation where you have to man the barricades against the antis. But if we can't say even slightly negative things about our idols, then we will never know them. Personally, I like Neru more for what I perceive as faults. She's a real person.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    Neru-chan on KochiHoshi ... :cry2:

if the video does not show watch the video here

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I still don't want her to leave

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Thank you for expressing what I feel. Failing that, I'm just hoping she will remain in the public eye, and that she will have a blog (and Twitter?).

• Like Like x 1
  14. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Based on what she said on Kochi Hoshi I think she's still planning to stay in the entertainment business, she just hasn't figured out in what way yet. I feel like she might take a break for a bit though.

15. Eru Pion

Eru Pion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    It's a little tense in here:fear:
    I was watching her quiz show and she's so great there,she can keep the conversation too, basically she's great on TV
    She has a nice presence, not too loud, a little bit quiet but charming
    I just hope she's not gonna leave the entertainment world

And someone please tell me she'll get a graduation concert
    It'll be super weird if she's not getting one
    She's one of the core members and being the mom of Hinatas
    Please send her off beautifully like how her nogi oneesans doing one after another,managament-san

• Like Like x 1
  16. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Exactly what we are all hoping for lol. She said she will be at the live show so there might be one

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    @ukifune probably I expressed myself bad. Sorry if you understood something different.

I talk with "antis" almost everyday because they are part of my groups too. And they talk bad of every members based on some facts (that's why I detest rumors). But I can't tolerate assumptions based only in "what I feel", that's not fair with Neru-chan feelings or other member feelings. Obviously she made mistakes, but something you can have the security is her love towards Hiragana Keyaki and their members. And she worked really hard with them doing her best.

I remember clearly the HS event after Neru-chan was full moved to Kanji. The sadness in her eyes was so notorious that many of us doesn't wanted to leave the line. Even if she said "I'm fine" you can tell that wasn't the true. I think, that was the first time she thought about graduation because a female fan told her "we love you and we will be here for you... supporting you" and Neru-chan almost broke in tears.

I just want you understand, Neru-chan fans are still very hard hit by the graduation. The last KochiHoshi was hard for us (more for me because I need to hear it many times in the editing and upload). And a lot of us are trying to focus in other things or members when we talk about Keyakizaka or idols in general.

I want to clarify something. Criticism can help, but it can also destroy. And your criticism was in bad time and circumstances. Think in others who may be having a bad time and don't need unnecesary stress.

I'm not angry, is really hard for me to be. I'm sleepy because the work and the time here. But I wanted to respond you.

Thanks for the space.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Let's all calm down. I do understand the passion. We still aren't over her graduation. In the next few weeks before her graduation let's try to avoid any sensitive stuff that might cause havoc to our feelings. Let's enjoy these last moments with whatever she shares and leave haters behind. Peace & love

19. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Just wanted to point out for those not following Nogizaka. A lot of Nogi's graduates stayed with Nogi's agency and are doing really well in the entertainment industry solo. Their pages aren't being well updated but there are many very successful graduates using this approach.

Neru is probably the best member of Sakamichi for working on their own so I'm sure Neru would be fantastic on her own, and stay in the spotlight, despite her shirt tenure as an idol.

Hopefully stage fans will keep this page updated though, that's the biggest variable.

• Like Like x 3
  20. otabe

otabe Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    soraland
    Having a graduation date a couple months away kinds of leaves me in limbo. Not sure how to describe it but I have been a bit disconnected from Keyaki lately knowing that Neru is almost gone. Maybe it's a defense mechanism to cope with her leaving but I don't know. Weekly shows.. performances.. blog posts... it just doesn't shine so brightly to me anymore. Maybe some kind of big graduation concert with some closure would be nice but Keyaki doesn't really do that kind of stuff huh? I survived many graduations before so I'm pretty sure I'll stick with Keyaki through it all but it damn.. still hurts

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1