Album NMB48 2nd Album (Sekai no Chuushin wa Osaka ya 〜 Nanba Jichiku 〜) (2014/8/13)

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, May 22, 2014.

1. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Its kinda slow to be honest. Fuuchan and Shuu should have sold out some slots by this point already.

2. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Just watched the
    Nazotoki wa Dinner no ato de The Movie and guess who was in Reiko's fantasy Leo (Titanic)? Our Ibiza boy:lol::lol::lol: Just thought off NMB girls in wedding dresses and chasing him.:^O^:

3. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    1st round of... the other event that this album has (I forgot what it was)
    Code:
                1st
    Sayanee 10/10 完売

Milky   10/10 完売

Yukirin  5/5 完売

Nana     2/10 (1)

Churi    2/5 (1)

Shuu     0/10 (1)

Mirurun  2/10

Nagisa   0/10 (1)
    hey look! the kennins are here!

4. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Its the autograph event, I believe
    What on Earth is happening to Fuuko? even Nagisa and Shu is ahead of her in this one

5. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    4th round
    Code:

1次            2次        3次        4次 
    Sayanee   35/35 完売

Milky      17/35 (3)    35/35 完売

Mirurun                    *1/35 (3)       *3/35 (4)       *6/35 (3)

Aapon                  *0/*7 (1)       *1/*7        *1/*7

Nana                             *0/35 (1)       *0/35 (1)

Nagisa                                   *0/33 (1)

It's not too early to say 'This is not looking good', right?

6. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    We don't really know either way since there are alot of unknowns.

I probably say this every time there's a new single but for example, somebody could theoretically be at 0/35 but have sold 90% of all their slots (90% of 35 x 500) versus someone at 1/35 but only sold 100% of one slot and 50% of the others. The fans see that 0/35 but in actuality that member has sold way way more than the 1/35 one.

In addition to that, the album is handicapped by a) the high number of slots; b) the higher price; and c) AKB selling their own CD at the exact same time at half the price.

7. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I got tickets for Yukirin for the Autograph thingy <3 I'm so happy :D

8. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    As a fan I would be worried that their popularity is cooling down.

But since I'm actually going to an event and I hate waiting in lines, I might enjoy this, haha.
    Don't forget the unused tickets for TakaRingo...

9. plomeplome

What is the criteria for the slot to appear as nearly sold out? Like 80-90%?

Anyway Fuuchans result is worrying regardless

10. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    We don't really know but it probably won't show sold out until its nearly sold out. Why wouldn't they try to sell up to the max?

11. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Personally I think if they aren't selling out then they can definitely do better. To me, it's bad that only 2 members are selling out. Sure they are not flopping but not selling out fast is a sign of lack of demand, even if they do sell out eventually. There's no point denying that all the other members have a lot of catching up to do with SayaMilky.

My point is that even if Fuuchan is at 0/35 but 50% sold out at every slot making her sell more than Aapon with only 1 slot sold out and the rest at 50% I guess she's doing relatively well and is ok. But from how I see it, why settle for ok when you can be great? If she's given 35 slots she should sell out all 35 slots. Anyone who is not at that level has a lot of bucking up to do.

I guess it is true that NMB fans enjoy the group in a different manner compared to the other groups but unfortunately, things like the elections and HS sales are still one of the only few indicators that we have to judge popularity so I think they still matter.

12. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    I agree, the HS sales number worries me. Then again I also understand when AKB is selling for half the price there's really not much you can do. I myself skipped the HS on this album and went for kokoro no placard just to see NMB girls anyway. Regardless I still did apply for the autograph events.

13. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    The odds are really against NMB for this one, as zeroshiki pointed out. A straight up handshake event (no 2-shot, as is usual for albums) at double the price of a single. Not to mention that fans are already buying the non-theater versions of the album for the fantastic DVD extras and fans are simply strapped for cash.

And then they can just look over to the AKB single which is half the price. 1 ticket for the price of 2 normal ones is a huge deal.
    Then there's a ton of slots available. 35 slots is a lot. They have 7 different handshakes, compared to the AKB single which only has 4. Plus, if you're a group DD, you'd rather go to the AKB one where you can get all the groups at once instead of just one group.

For SayaMilky to sell out already seems like something above and beyond given those conditions and it shouldn't be like "Oh, the other members need to step it up" but also "SayaMilky are amazing."

14. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Shoulda just went with Ibiza Girl as a single. I feel like NMB got the shit deal in this case, since August is all about AKB and July is about SKE. I guess it's all just bad timing :(

And what's worse, the production team is taking six months on a new HKT release, which is presumably coming in September. But hey, maybe a new NMB single in October? Oh wait…. AKB reigns supreme again. So NMB could release in November, but that'll be about the time that SKE is due.

All these sister groups selling around the same times with shared members is just too much.

15. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    @MocchiMooch kinda agree with you
    but as a NMB fan, I don't care the competition. Of course I want them to have good sales but on the other hand I'm just happy to have new songs and new DVD stuff. :blush: The only thing that bothers me is the health of the girls. Busy to promote their song etc and for kennin release.

3 weeks to go and no covers or tracklist?:fear:

16. tonylow

tonylow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I do agree that NMB got a raw deal but it is because what happened due to the stabbing incident. It is unfortunate that it happened, but management had to determine what to do about handshake events in the future and NMB, with the exception of the 1st single, always has a Shinkigeki theater on the one of the types for the single. The taping was supposed to be done I think the day or two after the incident but it was canceled.

A nice thing about getting the album is that we get the request hour that happened this year, which is nice considering it took I believe over a year to get last years request hour, and that we get stage performances before the the shuffle takes affect on the teams. Of course we need to get all the different types to "watch" the entirety of request hour but that is how things go.

17. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Its not going to have MCs and will probably as bare bones as they can get away with. The real DVD release will probably happen together with the tour and the 4th anniversary concert.

18. plomeplome

5 singles for AKB, 3 for SKE and NMB and N46, 2 for HKT. There are 12 months so they are bound to clash anyways. However sister to sister groups clash is fine as long as they release them in different week but to clash with AKB where all 48G is attending is abit much

19. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

As far as I can remember, they used to release all the singles in consecutive weeks. They never had one month for each group.

20. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    They only did the consecutive weeks thing for this last one (Takane no Ringo and whatever the SKE/HKT/Nogi songs were). They used to space them out better.