Single Nogizaka46 23rd [Sing Out!] (2019/05/29)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Anytime Asuka is center the numbers don’t add up? weird that.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Well, apart of Hadashi de summer, which I consider iconic, other Asuka centered singles were not my taste..., but I don't think quality of song is the matter.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Must be the members then?

4. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I think for idol groups, sales are 90% driven by HS tickets. I think these last years, only Keya's biggest hits had the privilege to be driven a lot by digital sales and buyings from casual fans.

I don't know if Asuka's centered singles sell weaker, if so... that's kinda strange. However, let's see how it will sell in a week at least, difference from Kaerimichi is minimal, we have new members and slots, so it should be fine.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Don't just look at 1st day or 1st week sales. Overall they always beat their previous single in total sales, that's still unbroken till now (with exception of the 9th single). Let's see how this one goes, I have faith that it will sell well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

• Old Old x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    AKB's Takamina last single had a drop in sales failing to reach the 1 million first week since a while for the group, so I don't think top member's graduation single equals to more sales. Tho, Kaerimichi is a better song.

8. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    She had long fallen from her idol peak at that time, and a couple of other things, like the longest delayed graduation ever.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Harujion first week > ImaHana first week
    SayoImi first week > Hadashi first week
    Synchronicity first week > Itsuka first week
    Kaerimichi first week > Jikochuu first week

NOGIZAKA46 top members last single usually sells better than previous single, at least on first week.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    If it's so, I hope we don't arrive at the time where we need top members graduating to increase sales from previous singles or it would be problematic :D

And that we don't need more and more new filler girls for HS just to keep the sales high. That's what happened to AKB and their thousands of girls and is one of the causes that made me disaffectionated to 48 group. I am afraid that it will happen to Nogi too. I hope not. Even if you do not agree with me, even a 4th gen felt too early to me.

I really hope 46 remains quality over quantity, if it becomes another mess like 48, then it will lose its essence.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Jikochuu sells more than Synchro. Case closed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    ^ Yes and so is Hadashi more than Harujion.
    But of course the need to add more girls is justified if the seniors keep graduating one by one. They are not keep adding, they are just replacing the graduates.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    So more than "graduating single" that sells more than previous, it's just that their sales keep increasin on every release just like baymon said.
    According to wiki, Kaerimichi hasn't surpassed Jikochuu's total but it probably isn't updated yet.

As long as this single mantais these last singles kind of sales is fine. It seems the "Asuka centering single = lower sales than previous" is true just for first week.
    That's interesting but not "dangerous".

Yeah, I know that new girls are needed cause of veteran members graduating, but right now we have a total of 46 girls which I think is more than enough, so I really hope for a future 5th gen we are gonna wait AT LEAST 3-4 years, to still mantain this amount of girls and have real strong members that will fill graduating members' space, and not just constantly increase the amount of girls on the group just to keep the sales higher like AKB.

Thanks god at least we don't have kennin positions from other 46 groups.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  14. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

15. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    there are still girls that passed the Sakamichi auditions but haven’t been assigned to a group.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Naacha97

Naacha97 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimanatsuki
    According to this kaerimichi has surpassed jikochuu
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Oricon#Nogizaka46

Nogi single always surpassed previous single but i don't think they will be a drastic increase in sales unless they come out with mega hits like kfc or heavy rotation. Nogi maybe could put their senbatsu members for more hs slots to get more sales.

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

You think management will put them into a group with more than 40 members or a group without Under Girls?

18. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

How much longer do you think Nogi will have more than 40 members? I don't think the graduation wave is over.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I think their sales are more than good considering the amount of girls on the group which is not that big, at least if compared to AKB (lol).
    So even if I would like too for Nogi to have a major national hit, I don't need a major increase in sales from them, that's actually pretty good, and I hope they mantain a decent amount of girls on the group even if they'll struggle a bit to reach the million sales in the future, quality is better than quantity.

"46" should be taken by management as the total number of girls on the group to not surpass, I think it should be the limit. And every girl on the group should serve quality and should deserve her space to shine and to be well promoted in order to become more popular. That's what Nogi needs for the future, and not repeating AKB's "mistakes".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I don't care how many members there are, or how many singles they sell compared to god knows what. I see the numbers but they mean nothing to me. But I hear the music and it still makes me happy, and I still love the members and I love rooting for them and following their activities. Whatever generation. As long as they are smiling, I am smiling too.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2