Single Nogizaka46 25th [Shiawase no Hogoshoku] (2020/03/25)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Generic_User, Jan 7, 2020.

1. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I too feel disappointed with the song. It has a nice lyrics and a nice feel to it, but they can really work better on the instrumental, it really sounds too bland. In term of grad single, SayoImi is the best. I didn't quite like the sound of Kaerimichi and Harujion, but the instrumental for those two were great.
    Now just hoping Maiyan solo will be good so that I have something nice to takeaway from her grad single.

2. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I like the sound of this single title song. It sound simple, and thank God, it doesn't use those generic-idol-song drum sound sample. It is easy to play on my guitar. :)

Imo, this song is perfect for Maiyan. It sound humble with deeper and inspiring lyrics, similar to Maiyan's personality and life story. From defending bullied, become the bullied one, turn into shut-in, break her shell to be Nogi member, and become one of top idol in history. Even though she is top idol, she keep low profile, and be herself. This is that make her the best Nogi member.:inlove:

One more thing, a privilege to write lyrics for her solo song, is the highest form of appreciation and treatment that AkiP and management ever given to their Idol group member. Even that AkiP favorite member in Sakamichi group didn't get this kind of treatment. This is also much better and special treatment than previous graduated members.:D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I admit this is not as grandeur as I projected it to be.

4. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

This isn't going to be one of my favorite A-Sides I don't think but I do like it.

Maichun's radio leaks always sound really flat.

Yoakemade is honestly one of my top 5 favorite Nogi A-Sides but I didn't really like it when I first heard the Maichun radio leak.

5. silver247

silver247 Kenkyuusei

Well, This song is too bland for me and the first impression not even reaches to the same level as synchronicity or sayonara no imi, especially when it comes to graduate single but still better than Yoake Made in my taste.

I think I should wait for the MV it might be making this song better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Ok, after listening with a better headphone, it's actually not bad. I think it will still not be among my favorite A-side, but I'm not surprised if Maiyan herself prefers this song as her graduation single over a more grandeur one. Comparing with the recent single, it's definitely way better than Yoake Made but I still like Sing Out better.

Curious what her solo song will be like, will it be a mellow one, a cheerful one, or a relaxing one. I kinda hope for the later, something like Tachinaorichuu will be nice.

Mediocre title song aside, things have been really well for Maiyan. First she had the privilege of having all first gen as fukujin, having her best friends flank her, getting a solo song and write her own lyrics, she has tons of media appearances due to her movie and her graduation, and her movie is doing rather well I heard. Now I'm just hoping the Covid virus situation eases off so that Maiyan's graduation concert can get going. I think she will be heartbroken if that is cancelled too. It's her only wish that she explicitly stated.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    From the first listen to a snippet of that smartphone video from the live viewing, I've liked it. Admittedly, it doesn't hit like Kaerimichi or Harujion, but the slower tempo matches Sayonara no Imi's. This is a more mellow, sweet-sounding tune tending towards melancholy -- like a song over the end credits to a movie in which you want the main character's story to continue forever. The lights come up, and you want it to start over. To be with the main character again. The song lingers...

It reminds of the smiling Maiyan of the past few weeks of NogiChu. A bright smile that she's had for forever -- reminiscent of kid Maiyan's smile I saw in the 1st Nogi documentary. I can't wait for a better quality version rather than radio rips.

As for missing out on an Under song... so it goes. Yet we will get all songs with their own version of an MV. The traditional ones on the BluRays, the Fettucine Gumi CM song, and the title song to Eizouken drama (I believe). What?! Woah.

It's been six months since the 24th. I'm ready for this.

8. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Come on people, of course it sounds bland. It's a low quality radio rip for crying out loud. At least wait for a proper version before writing paragraphs of disappointment...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Depends on each person and how you listen to songs. Based on past experiences, it's not gonna change much. I always listened to the radio rip when it first aired. Whether I like the song or not doesn't change because the better version is released. If it actually becomes better it's usually because the tunes are catchy and it grows on you after several listen.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    But that's not what I said. Of course you can get an idea of the style and decide if it suits your taste.

I reacted to those saying it sounds bland, and you can't burn the song for that. Nogi songs are very layered and rich in details. Very little of that is audible with a radio version.
    The rip has a muddy sound and lacks dynamics. Heck, even with proper headphones I can't properly hear the chord progression in the chorus. Therefore, I think many are jumping to conclusions too soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Tbh when I heard Sing Out and Yoake Made on radio rip and then the official release it hasn't changed things. Maybe it was even worse.
    I'm not the kind of guy trying to force myself to like something listening to it multiple times and trying the best audio qualities. I can already feel if I'm into the song or not.

When I heard Synchronicity just with Haruyama CM I felt I would love the song.
    Kaerimichi too, just listening to the first seconds I was like "ok I'm going to like this one".

I'm not saying this song is bad. It's probably that we expected and wanted more fpr Maiyan's last single, especially since 2019 has already been MEH for Nogi singles.

The only thing who could save this one is a really good video. Like Harujion, song is not that good but they've done a beautiful work with the MV and overall it was a nice single and an elegant send-off for MaiMai.

12. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Sorry for being out of topic but here's a trivia.

Japan fans were wondering why shiawase was written in hiragana (しあわせ) instead of kanji (幸せ). Turned out when it's written in hiragana, the total strokes required to write shiawase no hogoshoku (しあわせの保護色) is exactly 46 strokes. Although it's debatable whether wa (わ) consists of two or three strokes.
    ERxAk-cU8AA-Cox.jpeg
    Regarding this is deliberate or just a coincidence, you decide.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I studied a bit of japanese and the hiragana WA is written in 2 strokes, never heard of 3.

14. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    That's why I said it's debatable, since I also think it's two but japanese wota seem to see it as three. Almost none of them correct it as two, but maybe I wasn't looking enough.

15. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

For me Kaerimichi isn't better than Sing Out! or even YoakeMade. Two things saved Kaerimichi is bcs it's Nanase grad single and a superb under song in Nichijou.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Once again, it's a radio rip! It doesn't represent the actual quality. :fp:

17. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    Here's presso's cover

if the video does not show watch the video here

Now that I heard the raw notes, I could definitely say it reflects Maiyan. <3

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I'm not musically trained, so I don't really care about chord progression. I did say it was bland, but bland can mean various things, it's just the overall feel of the song that is bland and it's unlikely to change with the better version.

19. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Me neither. :)

I meant to say that what you hear at the moment is not how it actually sounds. And the sound does affect the overall feel.
    The real deal might make a better impression.

20. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Well, I second that. Nichijou is one badass UG song. I read negative comments about Sing out and Yoake. That's fine with me.

There's really no real debate, it's always a matter of taste. This song Shiawase to me is so much better than Kaerimichi (never liked that song anyway). And Yoake is still an awesome B-side to me.

I get it when they say it's bland. Because it is. It's a song you play on a closing ceremony while everyone is busy minding their own business. Nobody pays attention. Opinions change over time. So let's wait, for the other songs :p

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1